Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

If it's between VJax, DJax, or Bowe(Most likely franchised). I will take DJax. DeSean is a bigger playmaker. Way younger. Just turned 25 in Dec. Bigger deep threat. All around better player imo. Desean has had his moments but I think he's a good guy who means well. Some guys just have a tougher time dealing with the business of the game. I think he did make some bussiness decisons going over the middle this season but it's tough when u got Drew Rosenhaus in your hear telling u how your being wronged.

Reportedly he's broke off his rookie deal which is pennies compared to what he should be getting paid. Not making excuses for him but I think he's the kind of guy who will work hard and not just quit once he gets some money. I think he will get a good deal around Santonio Holmes money. 5 years/ 45 Mil, 20-24 guaranteed. I'd be down for that. He's a big time playmaker and we need one bad.

Imagine RG3 to DJax. It would be special. Imo this would be like signing a 1st rd pick. Guy is very young, entering his prime. Plus it would allow us to trade a 2012 2nd and a next year 2nd or 3rd to move up to draft RG3.

Jackson is a good receiver no doubt, however id really like a target we can consistently count on in the red zone...someone big and beefy lolz..

Reasons like this is why we ended up with Devin Thomas instead of DeSean. I get ur point tho. I think Hankerson will be a great player for us. He's not big but he has good size and think he will be a good NFL reciever once he's fully healthy. Like I said, I like Bowe but he's staying in KC

You know, I think DJax has had a less than ideal deal, like many rookies, who get on their rookie contracts, play like monsters for it, and see themselves making a pitance compared to others in the league not on their rookie contracts. It has always felt like exploitation, taking some of the best years of their career and paying them rookie money for it. Same thing with CJ, the man has hit an absurd amount of yards and wasn't making anywhere near similar guys not on rookie contracts.

That being said, DJax would cost a lot, and quick receivers around 5' 10" are pretty common in the draft and there's probably a few underrated guys in FA. Also, he still falls within the Gaffney/Moss mold, so we might want to avoid a guy like him for a year or two until those 2 retire.

You know, I think DJax has had a less than ideal deal, like many rookies, who get on their rookie contracts, play like monsters for it, and see themselves making a pitance compared to others in the league not on their rookie contracts. It has always felt like exploitation, taking some of the best years of their career and paying them rookie money for it. Same thing with CJ, the man has hit an absurd amount of yards and wasn't making anywhere near similar guys not on rookie contracts.

That being said, DJax would cost a lot, and quick receivers around 5' 10" are pretty common in the draft and there's probably a few underrated guys in FA. Also, he still falls within the Gaffney/Moss mold, so we might want to avoid a guy like him for a year or two until those 2 retire.

While I def agree with the exploitation to guys like Forte, C2k, and DJax and the notion of not wanting to have to many small recievers. DJax is a major deep threat. Moss isn't anymore and Gaffney is a good player but he doesn't fear defenses at all. DJax does.

We need playermakers at reciever. Gaffney is a good possesion guy. Moss has been ok but he's been doing some really dumb things lately as far as penalties and such, dropped balls over the middle. I think Gaffney has 1 year left and Moss has 2 years left on their deals. Bottom line we need Playmakers. To name a few Pats, Saints, Packers, Falcons, Giants all have great weapons in diff shapes and sizes.

I think DJax, Gaffney, Hankerson, Moss, Sleepy Fred, Cooley, Helu would be a good start for a new QB (Hopefully RG3) Plus we still have some young guys like Austin, Robinson, Niles Paul, and possibly some more rookies we would be developing.

I like the direction we are going but we need a big play guy and if DeSeans avalible i'd be interested. Plus if we were "reportedly interested in Santonio we'll def be interest in a guy like DeSean. Santonio Holmes makes DJax look like a Saint. I think DJax is a good dude but he's just a different kind of guy. I'm def not condoning his pouting and even lack of effort sometimes this season. That money just messes wit peoples emotions some times. I think mentally he's back on track now though.

Mannnn that is some photo shop for you. I sure hope Cool does not see that pic.

Have you seen his wife? I highly doubt he cares.

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 03:11 PM ----------

You get a job as a mail boy. It's a temp position for 2 years. By the end of the first year, the company realizes you're over qualified, and you've basically become one of the heads of your department. However, the company wants you to work at $8.50 the remainder of the year until your mail boy contract expires. I'm sure all those "loyal" people in this thread would suck it up for their coworkers who need them. Actually I'm pretty sure most of us would say screw you and take our talents elsewhere.

I'm taking my mailing boy talent to South Beach *****

I'm not a big fan of Desean...hey he's an Eagle, but it would be nice to have a deep threat like him. As much as I love Santana, he just isn't the guy who's going to stretch the field anymore. Obviously Gafney can't either and what happened to Armstrong this year? After a good year before, he disappeared. Austin, Paul are not deep threats as least not yet. I'm excited about Hankerson but he's that possession guy that we need.

My only question about Desean is his attitude. What happens after he gets paid? Does he become a cancer? He already is a prima donna but imagine after getting paid. I don't think Philly will resign him.

Desean's one of those guys that will drive you crazy, but then will single handedly win you a few games. His impact could be similar to what Moss did for us in '05. The only concern of difference is consistency. Moss had several big games but did not totally disappear in others. Desean has disappeared in games where he wasn't involved early. the other factor is durability. Moss had a few hamstring issues but has been fairly durable. Desean is one concussion away from being out a significant amount of time and he plays like he knows that. That, not attitude or drops is my biggest concern. The benefit again is he can take over a few games and even when he's not catching passes, he opens up the middle of the field because teams have to allocate two guys to him a play a safety very deep. Hankerson, Gaffney, Davis, & Cooley would tear it up underneath against minimal coverage.

FIrst off its never gonna happen....the eagles will do anything to keep him from going to a Dvision Rival...(beisdes they are not gonna let him go anyway) but in any case he would look horrible here as we have no one that can deliver him the ball, and we do nto have an offensive line to protect the guy getting him the ball even if that guy was decent enough to get it to him.

1). I'm not so sure he will be back with the Eagles. Otherwise, he would already be signed to a long term deal. Jackson's attitude is a big reason why the Eagles went 8-8 this year. He for sure was not "all in" as they say.

2). I'm willing to give Armstrong another year because of the fact that HE didn't have a QB who could chuck it deep to him. I'd love to see Armstrong become the Skins version of Antonio Brown on the Steelers. Therefore, I'd pass on Jackson and go for a taller free agent WR who can stretch the field and make tough catches in coverage.

3). Moss should be trade bait if there's a market for him. He's too injury prone and drops the ball too often in key spots. I like him, but I'm ready to see if we can get something for him.

Awful, this isn't a Mike Shanahan guy. His attitude is awful and he takes plays off much like Holmes. Mike would take a guy giving it 100% over a guy giving it even 90% even if it's a nobody vs Jackson. I also don't think Jackson will be signing with the Eagles because they are going to lowball him unbelievably. I would be shocked if they offer him prime money. Personally, I think the Eagles will be eyeing up Marques Colston this offseason.

Hopefully the Skins will have greatness at QB. That alone, considering some of the talent already at WR, will make a huge difference. T.Austin is a D.Jax type player. There are plenty of options at WR through free agency and the draft. Avoid this guy...

Jackson has always been one of those guys who I hate to love. He is an Eagle, and has killed the Skins (along with EVERY other NFC East team btw) so im inclined to hate his guts; but he is also the most fluid athlete in the NFL imo. He reminds me of Ted Ginn the way he glides down the field, but he is much quicker in and out of breaks than Ginn which allows him to be a more productive wide reciever.

Every player has their own edge on the field. His is that ****iness. The kid is dynamite, we all know that. When he is on, there is not a CB in the league that can stay with him. If he gets an interview with this coaching staff and they think that fire will still burn inside him after his payday, I don't think there is a move we could make through free-agency that would benefit our offense more...especially if we are looking RG3 in the draft.

---------- Post added January-6th-2012 at 08:18 PM ----------

T.Austin is a D.Jax type player.

WHAT?!

I like Austin and think he can be a contributing member of this team in the right circumstances but wow.

I hate the Eagles too, but you cant deny the impact that Jackson has on a game when his mind's right. Austin struggles to SEE the field on gamedays.

---------- Post added January-6th-2012 at 08:20 PM ----------

I really, really would hate it if he came here. Can't stand his ****y attitude. That being said, I'd support him if he came here and would hope he'd do well. People can change.

Honestly, I wouldnt want him to change. Be a little smarter in his decision-making, yea, but we saw what happened when that fire in his belly went out this season.

I hate DeSean Jackson and his lack of production comes into play A LOT. He's a big play maker and a threat with the ball in his hands, whenever he actually gets the chance to do it. He's not a #1, he's a good #2 deep threat, but I wouldn't want that attitude on the team.

WHAT?!

I like Austin and think he can be a contributing member of this team in the right circumstances but wow.

I hate the Eagles too, but you cant deny the impact that Jackson has on a game when his mind's right. Austin struggles to SEE the field on gamedays.

Honestly, I wouldnt want him to change. Be a little smarter in his decision-making, yea, but we saw what happened when that fire in his belly went out this season.

Jackson has Vick throwing him the ball. Like him or not, Vick has a canon! You've got to be really special to make a QB look good in this league and the Redskins haven't consistently had that. Gaffney, Moss have proven themselves but think about how much better our WRs could have been/will be with a better option at QB. That's all I'm saying. Call me Captain Obvious for that. Instead of dealing with Mr. Stankyleg, we may upgrade by default with the likes of Luck/RG3/Manning/Bradford... Remember, this is the NFL and guys wouldn't be around if they weren't good enough. Many other factors come into play that even I don't understand. I do believe the QB makes a difference. But is it worth the money and risk of dealing with another quitter? Who had alligator arms and is scared to go across the middle..actually refused to run those routes. He a talented and exciting player, no doubt. I'd rather see the Redskins bring in a bigger, stronger, play-making WR.

Archived