Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

We could look at a FA. We just don't need his attitude. Maybe AA can be that deep threat? Maybe we can draft someone late in the draft. anything but DJ

FA is an option although we'd have to see who's available....Armstrong is not an option. He doesn't even have 100 yards receiving on the season and he'll be 29 going into next season so its not as though he's young and developing. One catch does not make for a deep threat that teams have to plan around. Armstrong seems like a good dude but has had a tough enough time with single team press coverage.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 02:38 AM ----------

Out of the '12 free agents I think Desean and Robert Meachem are the two best options if you're looking for a #2/ deep threat type. Meachem has had some injury problems but would probably be cheaper. That being said, I think there's a definite need for a true threat who can stretch the field and make defenses cover the entire field.

Collinsworth went way overboard in commenting on this play.....

1. He cut in left and the ball was over & behind him. With his momentum he couldn't reach back for the ball.

2. Bowe does not have a reputation for short arming any catches. Its on thing to do it once, its another to be known for it and have a reputation for not going over the middle. I've seen Bowe go up for a lot of tough catches...

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 06:51 AM ----------

He would look like a scrawny, faster Haynesworth. He is a complete punk and I'm grateful our office is smarter than some of the people that would bring him in. Vinny would bring him in while giving Philly a couple first round picks.

Do I think he's acted like a punk? Yes

Do I think he's scared to go over the middle? Yes

Its easy to pile on him but in his defense how would you feel if in your contract year your team spends money on everyone else but you and then largely used you as a decoy in your contract year. Also he has suffered a couple of serious concussions. His priority is staying healthy before signing his next contract because no team would offer him a good contract in FA if he suffered another serious concussion.

Look at Carlos Rogers. He wanted money to feel appreciated here and we never paid him. He felt we paid everyone outside of the organization and didn't take care of our own and that was true under the old regime. In turn he pressed which lead to dropped ints and when he did suffer any health related setbacks he wouldn't play because he didn't want to show poorly on film. How was his circumstance that much different than what Desean is going through? Carlos is now gone, playing for an organization who he feels appreciates him and is playing the best ball of his career. Why couldn't the same happen with Desean?

I can't believe anyone would advocate for Jackson in a Redskins uni. I don't care if he goes to another team and sets all-time records. I don't want any player that would give up on his teammates the way Jackson has. And bringing Carlos into this is irrelevant. Whatever he has done or will do doesn't mean Jackson will perform similarly on his next team. The players with the "me-first" attitude are gone or are on their way out the door. We don't need to add another one.

Collinsworth went way overboard in commenting on this play.....

1. He cut in left and the ball was over & behind him. With his momentum he couldn't reach back for the ball.

2. Bowe does not have a reputation for short arming any catches. Its on thing to do it once, its another to be known for it and have a reputation for not going over the middle. I've seen Bowe go up for a lot of tough catches...

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 06:51 AM ----------

Do I think he's acted like a punk? Yes

Do I think he's scared to go over the middle? Yes

Its easy to pile on him but in his defense how would you feel if in your contract year your team spends money on everyone else but you and then largely used you as a decoy in your contract year. Also he has suffered a couple of serious concussions. His priority is staying healthy before signing his next contract because no team would offer him a good contract in FA if he suffered another serious concussion.

Look at Carlos Rogers. He wanted money to feel appreciated here and we never paid him. He felt we paid everyone outside of the organization and didn't take care of our own and that was true under the old regime. In turn he pressed which lead to dropped ints and when he did suffer any health related setbacks he wouldn't play because he didn't want to show poorly on film. How was his circumstance that much different than what Desean is going through? Carlos is now gone, playing for an organization who he feels appreciates him and is playing the best ball of his career. Why couldn't the same happen with Desean?

Don't give me that junk about Carlos. The dude couldn't catch a football if we duct taped it to his face while he was here..he was like that since we drafted him so your theory about pressing in his contract year is dooky. Whenever he was interviewed he was more concerned about getting paid and not getting injured which obviously effects how you play..sorry, he didn't deserve it. He is playing really well now, but why do you think nobody wanted him? He only got a 1 year contract from San Fran...it's because of his "me me" attitude. I give him credit for playing well, but he was a jackass in his last year here.

I will also give you the argument about D. Jack being upset because the Eagles went all Redskin and tried to buy a championship, but he is not used only for a decoy and he has no excuse whatsoever to act the way he is acting, none at all. He signed the contract, deal with it. The way to get paid is to do what Matt Forte is doing, that guy will get paid. D. Jack is another T.O./ Haynseworth type selfish player. He showboats like a pop star, cries like a 9 year old and this year he won't block, won't go over the middle, has a bad attitude, got sat down for a game and still bickers in the media causing more disruption as if the Eagles didn't have enough already.

According to this list of highest paid wide outs:

http://www.numeroten.com/top10/sports/files/top-10-highest-paid-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl-2011.html

Fitz #1

Calvin Johnson #2

Andre Johnson #6

Greg Jennings #9

Welker is getting 2.5 million this season and he's a free agent next year. We'll see how that works out for him.

DeSean Jackson? He's getting 600k this season. Less than 1/4th of Wes Welkers salary this season.

That could explain why one of them is complaining about money and the others aren't. Having said that he's not in the same league as those listed in the top 10 IMO and he doesn't deserve their contracts.

Those guys were either top 5 draft picks and or on their second contract.

like the crybaby that he is

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 08:10 AM ----------

39733_1497593914787_1082284341_31499454_3885416_n.jpg

this looks like what danny boy has been doing to the skins ever since he bought them

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 08:13 AM ----------

Don't give me that junk about Carlos. The dude couldn't catch a football if we duct taped it to his face while he was here..he was like that since we drafted him so your theory about pressing in his contract year is dooky. Whenever he was interviewed he was more concerned about getting paid and not getting injured which obviously effects how you play..sorry, he didn't deserve it. He is playing really well now, but why do you think nobody wanted him? He only got a 1 year contract from San Fran...it's because of his "me me" attitude. I give him credit for playing well, but he was a jackass in his last year here.

I will also give you the argument about D. Jack being upset because the Eagles went all Redskin and tried to buy a championship, but he is not used only for a decoy and he has no excuse whatsoever to act the way he is acting, none at all. He signed the contract, deal with it. The way to get paid is to do what Matt Forte is doing, that guy will get paid. D. Jack is another T.O./ Haynseworth type selfish player. He showboats like a pop star, cries like a 9 year old and this year he won't block, won't go over the middle, has a bad attitude, got sat down for a game and still bickers in the media causing more disruption as if the Eagles didn't have enough already.

I give him credit for playing well????? why? thats what he is paid to do.their not paid to go out and give half hearted attempts at making a tackle, or trying to blast someone to the ground, and miss half the time, they are paid to play well

• 4 weeks later...

I think we might stir the pot with the Eagles on this one. We might just go looking around the NFCE for free agents again.

This team is looking for explosive playmakers on offense. If we target RG3 in the draft, we might just look for that dynamic edge at WR.

We are clearly looking to upgrade, based on the Bowe talk in other threads.

Archived