Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

It doesnt matter who they get if you have no line to protect the qb, no running game, and a qb to get the ball to the wr. The current team could make a young Jerry Rice look mediocre

Why do people continuously slam the idea of address one need because other needs exist also. Nobody is saying we should fix the o-line or draft a qb....We're saying a speed receiver to stretch the D is needed as well. And look at last week. We were in position to win because a WR was balling until Rex became Rex. I'm tired of folks thinking everything else should be put on hold until certain things are addressed. Build an ENTIRE TEAM.....We have 8 picks plus cap space. get a QB, a couple of lineman, a wr, corner....(i don't agree on needing a back...I think Helu can be a starter as long as he's complimented by a big power back)

Chris Johnson [ C2K to many ] demanded more money; finally got his contract he wanted, and look at him now; Albert Haynesworth in a much smaller form.

That is exactly what would happen here, and Desean KNOWS Danny's pockets are deep, and he'll dive as deep as he could to get what he wants, or hold out, regardless of how it affects the team...

P a s s

I guess the OP never complained about Danny looking at signing other teams players at their asking price instead of developing our own. :rolleyes:

To answer the question how he would look in the Redskins uniform, probably burgundy and gold and bruised all over because of the passes by Beck and Gross, man with some fans cheering because they did not want him on the team in the first place.

I'm under the impression that we could swap WRs with many teams around the league and we'd see that our former WRs put up good numbers while the ones that come here struggle. Sure, there are certain situations where there are massive talent differences (Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, etc.). But overall, I don't think trading WR corps with the Eagles would drastically improve our passing game. I actually believe that, in a solidly executed offense, our WR corps (when healthy) would do just fine.

Moss, Hankerson, Gaffney (even though I'm not thrilled with him), Paul, Armstrong, and Austin would all be viable weapons if you put them in New England, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, or Green Bay.

Oh...so my point. I think Jackson would struggle here until we had other players around him who could execute the passing game well. That means a QB with talent and the ability to read the defenses properly, a viable running game, and an OL that can protect the QB.

Oh...so my point. I think Jackson would struggle here until we had other players around him who could execute the passing game well. That means a QB with talent and the ability to read the defenses properly, a viable running game, and an OL that can protect the QB.

Signing Jackson doesn't necessarily preclude us from addressing the other needs that you mentioned.

Signing Jackson doesn't necessarily preclude us from addressing the other needs that you mentioned.

True...but it might be a superfluous signing since we really don't know what our WRs are capable of. It would be one thing if we could get our hands on a true #1 stud WR. But it's possible that we have a couple guys on the roster who can do what Jackson does if surrounded by the right players.

Really? I get tagged NNT but this is allowed?

For the millionth time, what does it matter if Larry Fitzgerald, or Calvin Johnson, or Desean Jackson lines up for the Redskins if there is NO QB TO THROW THEM THE BALL!!

About as idiotic as wasting $5,000 20 inch chrome wheels on a car with a dead engine.

True...but it might be a superfluous signing since we really don't know what our WRs are capable of. It would be one thing if we could get our hands on a true #1 stud WR. But it's possible that we have a couple guys on the roster who can do what Jackson does if surrounded by the right players.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's ABSOLUTELY no WR on the roster that can consistently do what Jackson does. :)

His contract situation is very similar to what happened with Carlos IMO. Carlos had rumored financial issues, & got frustrated that everyone else got paid before they even played for the Skins and wanted to be treated similarly. In reagrds to Desean, its probably compunded by the fact that he's been used more as a decoy this year which in turn has probably affected his value to some degree.

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 09:50 PM ----------

Can we please stop the Armstrong/ Desean comparisons. It is so comical that if this discussion was taking place anywhere other than a Skins board you would be laughed off the board. Desean has had 2 straight 1,000 yard seasons and was on pace for another prior to the suspension. He is not a #1 but his speed & ability to take a 5 yard catch and turn it into an 80 yard td force coordinators to play the Eagles differently. Everyone can say its not true, but when we played the Eagles this year the biggest concern I would say 80% of us had was Desean getting on top of the defense.

You just answered the question..He's not a #1....But he's only gonna take #1 money.

And I don't care if I get laughed off the board, it's true.

He only runs a couple routes. He can be taken out of a game entirely just by bumping him with a safety over top. He mainly only catches deep routes. He gets alligator arms if there is a chance he will get hit.

He is better than Armstrong though. Mainly because he's faster. But I don't think he is a top 20 WR in the game.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's ABSOLUTELY no WR on the roster that can consistently do what Jackson does. :)

That's fair and I have no way of proving that you're wrong. I just find it hard to believe that we consistently happen to find the only WRs and RBs that break into the NFL who can't have dynamic games while guys no one has heard of end up on other teams all the time and excel. I don't think it's ridiculous to think that you could swap a Redskin WR for an Eagle WR and have the respective teams not miss a beat.

That's fair and I have no way of proving that you're wrong. I just find it hard to believe that we consistently happen to find the only WRs and RBs that break into the NFL who can't have dynamic games while guys no one has heard of end up on other teams all the time and excel. I don't think it's ridiculous to think that you could swap a Redskin WR for an Eagle WR and have the respective teams not miss a beat.

The key difference is speed imo. The Eagles have it at the WR position and we don't. At least not enough of it.

We have two of the faster WRs in the NFL (Austin and Armstrong). Austin is slower than Armstrong and ran a 4.38 while Jackson ran a 4.35. I don't think that's the difference at all. A

Well why is DJax killing it year after year and both AA and Austin cant even see the field. There is a MAJOR Diff between what we have and what Djax is. I dont want him but he's def better than what we have.

The key difference is speed imo. The Eagles have it at the WR position and we don't. At least not enough of it.

I disagree I think we match well with them as far as speed for our WR group.

(Combine 40 speeds)

Terrence Austin: 4.37

Brandon Banks: 4.4 (claims 4.23 speed)

Anthony Armstrong: 4.4

Santana Moss: 4.26

Jabar Gaffney: 4.53

Leonard Hankerson: 4.4

Niles Paul: 4.45

Desean Jackson: 4.35

Jeremy Maclin: 4.31

Jason Avant: 4.49

Riley Cooper: 4.53

Steve Smith: 4.44

Chad Hall: 4.56

Now obviously Santana can't run that fast anymore, but I think our young guys still are pretty equal to theirs.

Well why is DJax killing it year after year and both AA and Austin cant even see the field. There is a MAJOR Diff between what we have and what Djax is. I dont want him but he's def better than what we have.

I can't answer that. But we all have seen AA behind coverage a bunch and not able to get the ball. I don't necessarily believe each guy is absolutely better than Jackson, I just don't see Jackson doing here what he's done in Philly. I also could see either of our guys thriving in Philly with that supporting cast. The QB would see them open, the OL would give the QB time to throw the ball, and occasionally the throw would be on the money instead of under- or overthrown.

I disagree I think we match well with them as far as speed for our WR group.

(Combine 40 speeds)

Terrence Austin: 4.37

Brandon Banks: 4.4 (claims 4.23 speed)

Anthony Armstrong: 4.4

Santana Moss: 4.26

Jabar Gaffney: 4.53

Leonard Hankerson: 4.4

Niles Paul: 4.45

Desean Jackson: 4.35

Jeremy Maclin: 4.31

Jason Avant: 4.49

Riley Cooper: 4.53

Steve Smith: 4.44

Chad Hall: 4.56

Now obviously Santana can't run that fast anymore, but I think our young guys still are pretty equal to theirs.

I know what the 40 times are but the question is do they PLAY as fast as those times?

My answer is "No". :)

I can't answer that. But we all have seen AA behind coverage a bunch and not able to get the ball. I don't necessarily believe each guy is absolutely better than Jackson, I just don't see Jackson doing here what he's done in Philly. I also could see either of our guys thriving in Philly with that supporting cast. The QB would see them open, the OL would give the QB time to throw the ball, and occasionally the throw would be on the money instead of under- or overthrown.

Yea, i def agree that AA can get behind coverage and Austin to me looks just like Djax (body style) when he's out there. But i guess we will never know how good our guys are/can be until we get someone to get the ball to them.

Archived