Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

I know what the 40 times are but the question is do they PLAY as fast as those times?

My answer is "No". :)

I say "Who the hell knows!" We don't have a QB that can lead a WR to allow them to get YAC.

---------- Post added November-16th-2011 at 03:42 PM ----------

Our day will come, our day will come.

Oh God I hope so.

I disagree I think we match well with them as far as speed for our WR group.

(Combine 40 speeds)

Terrence Austin: 4.37

Brandon Banks: 4.4 (claims 4.23 speed)

Anthony Armstrong: 4.4

Santana Moss: 4.26

Jabar Gaffney: 4.53

Leonard Hankerson: 4.4

Niles Paul: 4.45

Desean Jackson: 4.35

Jeremy Maclin: 4.31

Jason Avant: 4.49

Riley Cooper: 4.53

Steve Smith: 4.44

Chad Hall: 4.56

Now obviously Santana can't run that fast anymore, but I think our young guys still are pretty equal to theirs.

I know what the 40 times are but the question is do they PLAY as fast as those times?

My answer is "No". :)

At the end of the day, 40's are for us fans I think. Jerry Rice ran a high 4.5 I do believe... and well, we can argue that he is the absolute best WR the game has ever seen. He played fast, he played smart, and at the end of the day, he found ways to get open and get the ball and make plays... Our guys can't seem to do those things.. Once the ball is in their hands, they can't seem to make the 1st guy miss, and gain the extra 10yrds, or even break it to the house... They have to have a blown coverage to get behind the D, or be luckily enough they are in man and he actually smokes them...

DJacks can make not just 1, but multiple people miss and turn a 5yrd gain into 45yrds, or even 60yrd td's...

He would look like a punk, just as he looks now.

Let's avoid these head cases, please.

Imagine if Tom Landry would of thought that before drafting Michael Irvin? Or I wonder what would of happened if that headcase Lawrence Taylor was passed up by the Giants? I don't give a flying f*ck about character. I want guys here who can make plays.

I hate the guy, but with RG3 and his exquisite deep ball here? A probowler, if he could stay healthy. He'd take the top off the defense, allowing Hankerson and Moss to easily work underneath. Davis would be that dangerous intermediate threat, and a huge mismatch.

I think DeSean Jackson is massively overrated as a player in general, and he's an A+ level douche. But the things he does well line up with what my dream future QB does well.

Hitman, usually I love discussing the Redskins with you because of our differing opinions. But you are way out of bounds on this thread. Signing DeSean Jackson would be the clearest example of what is wrong with our Redskins. This is exactly what Smoot, Rodgers, and Phillip Daniels were talking about. Jackson would look out of place and not right in a Redskins uniform.

:helmet:

NOT exploring signing a player of Jacksons talent, should be become a free agent, would be irresponsible of our FO.

Jackson is a great talent and saying outright 'NO!' to signing a guy like that is nuts.

There's a lot to consider and I believe he'll be too pricey for us to sign but if he hits FA know our FO will do it's due diligence.

I hate the guy, but with RG3 and his exquisite deep ball here? A probowler, if he could stay healthy. He'd take the top off the defense, allowing Hankerson and Moss to easily work underneath. Davis would be that dangerous intermediate threat, and a huge mismatch.

I think DeSean Jackson is massively overrated as a player in general, and he's an A+ level douche. But the things he does well line up with what my dream future QB does well.

What has he really done to be called a douche?

• 2 weeks later...
Based on his actions of the past few weeks, are there still people who advocate signing this guy when the Eagles let him walk this offseason?

If so, please let me know, so I can be sure to never pay attention to your suggestions again.

The Eagles threw all that money around this offseason, didn't pay Jackson, he's been benched in a situation where his own teammates said normally wouldn't result in benching, and his team is losing(with all those players they paid instead of him). I can understand the frustration. A few years ago, Moss was doing the exact same jogging on the field, tantrums after bad passes, and most fans had some level of understanding with his frustrations. That's about where I'm at with Jackson who reminds me of Moss.

No way do we even attempt to sign Jackson. The LAST thing this team needs is a drama queen. There is a reason Allen purged all the drama this last offseason ( Haynesworthless, portis). Looks like we have a def keeper in Hankerson, and paul seems to be servicable. Draft a receiver in the middle rounds, and see whats out there in Fa ( not named deasean jackson).

i dunno... Getting Desean would get us a high first round caliber WR and make taking a QB even easier. Sure the Redskins have a bad past with high paid free agents. But Desean Jackson is a lot younger than the mistakes we've made. The other high money young FA acquisition we made I think turned out well enough, Deangelo Hall. DHall had a lot of the same questions Jackson does.

I think if we're going to go after a franchise QB we should also be looking for weapons for him to use.

Archived