Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

The even worse thing about him being scared to go over the middle, though, is that, on the big hit fronm Dunte Robinson, he's running a slant/crossing patter through zone coverage. If he had sat down in the hole in the zone, he would've caught it and turned up for a big game. Instead he made a stupid rookie mistake, ran through coverage, and that happened.

Pause it at 6 seconds. If he sits down on the route, he doesn't get the big hit, but he still gets tackled. It was more the result of a high throw from Vick that set him up for the big hit than him running through the zone.

Don't think there's a chance in hell of getting D-Bowe or Coltson, and I've soured on V-Jax ever since he quit on his route versus the Raiders and let Phillips Rivers get picked off in the end zone.

Whether VJ quit on the route or lost the ball is speculative at best. Bowe probably gets tagged, but not Colston; not with Brees and Nix both free agents.

He'll suck here just like everyone else we draft or sign. :ols: We've literally become like the old Cardinals or Lions, where careers go to die. At least with Shanny you don't get the biggest paycheck of your career to flush it now, I suppose.

Yeah we will take a pro bowl WR and he will stink. I don't think his speed will fit our ranks like it does for the eagles

Like a younger Santana Moss. In other words damn good. He's an eagle so you'll be roasted but people forget that wide receivers are very often head cases. There a not very many Fitzgerald and Megatrons out there.

The only problem is that this team would be wasting money by signing a high price wide out while we have no QB's that can deliver the ball. Rex is all middle of the field stuff that doesn't take advantage of what speed receivers do best IMO. He can't throw it over the top, throw it to the sideline on a deep route, or hit the deep out very well. I'm convinced Beck is the kind of guy that holds up the drive through because he can't decide what to get off the value menu let alone get the ball out of his hands to take advantage of an expensive free agent wide out.

It's easy to think "we'll have a better QB next year" but before 2010 and before JCam was traded did anyone think that we'd be midway through 2011 in a much worse QB situation? DeSean Jackson isn't a dominant #1 "throw it up and he'll get it" type wide out that really helps a average to below average wide out. I think he's good... I just don't think he'd be much good here given the situation he'd be an efficient signing. His production would collapse here.

Agreed. If he would go for a lesser deal, though, would you sign him?

Depends on the team. I'm actually a Dallas fan(And half the board stops reading now.. :ols:)

so I wouldn't. Only because even at a lesser deal the team has many many glaring needs that the money could be used for.

Assuming were talking the Redskins here, I'm on the fence. I don't care for his attitude, but game breakers like Jackson don't hit the market often. Considering the Redskins recieving core is pretty depleted, I'm leaning towards yes. Also assuming you guys have a rookie QB next season, Jacksons a guy who could make his job a little easier. A guy like Jackson who can stretch the field can stop the safteys from creeping up, thus opening up the running game(A QB's best friend) and stop the corners from biting quite so much.

With that said, can't seeing him accepting a lesser contract unless the market for him is less then expected. Jackson thinks he's one of the best recievers in the game, he's not.

I'm going to get roasted for this for sure, but I just had an intriguing thought.

DeSean Jackson appears to be having a falling out with the Eagles front office. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them not re-sign him or even franchise him. I'm not saying they won't, just right now it looks like they won't.

Should they not re-sign him, would he even be worth a look from our front office? Moss is getting older, as so many of the members here have mentioned. Hankerson is looking like he could be our number one for the foreseeable future when he recovers from his injury. For the longest time, we have all said that the Skins need two things at receiver: a bona fide number one - big, can get the jump ball. That's Hank; and a legit deep threat. We thought that AA was that, but he seems to be a one-year wonder. DeSean isn't a number one by design, but he is one of the premier deep threats in the league. I don't think he would do too bad opposite Hank.

Signing Jackson would solve our return issues, too. Banks hasn't looked the same since his injury, but DeSean would be the answer there.

Hankerson, Jackson, Paul, then maybe Moss for one more year or Anderson for a few more years. Yeah, I've spent my share of posts ripping him, but he would solve our deep threat and return issues. Just a thought.

I'm not saying sign him long-term, but maybe on a one year deal, similar to what the 49ers did with Carlos, and see how he pans out. That's only if Shanny thinks his character issues (if there are any) can be overlooked or dismissed.

Hitman, you're my dude, but mmmmmmm, i can't defend you on this one. DJax would not fit in with what Shanny is trying to do. He's a talent for sure, but his talent isn't worth the head ache.

Pause it at 6 seconds. If he sits down on the route, he doesn't get the big hit, but he still gets tackled. It was more the result of a high throw from Vick that set him up for the big hit than him running through the zone.

Watch Kolb's eyes (it's Kolb, not Vick). He drops back, and after he makes a read to the left his second receiver is D-Jax. The corner bailed late because he effs up because it's zone and not man; there's the hole. Maybe D-Jax didn't see the corner come off him, but Kolb's staring right at where DeSean is supposed to be (3 seconds in), which leads me to believe that Kolb read the coverage, determined it was zone, and was expecting D-Jax to sit for the quick throw. You see Kolb hitch, but DeSean keeps running, so Kolb has to step up into the crumbling pocket, which leads to the high throw, which leads to D-Jax getting creamed.

Bad execution on both points, but D-Jax determined it was man coverage first.

Phew. Could be roast worthy indeed, just based on how stupid this cat is. His talent is not in question, and that's the problem. It's a shame such a potential superstar would drop balls short of the goal line in the NFL (and in college, AND in highschool), and show up late to work resulting in being inactive. If he wasn't that good, it wouldn't be a problem.

But it is. The potential falling out in Philly, and the reasons for it can't be ignored. I would like to think Andy Reid is just a big doofus who can't handle controversial players, and that Shanny would be able to whip him into shape. And that is possible, but it's a risk. We would see just how much truth there is to 'Shanny wants only character guys'.

Playing his old team twice, maybe beating them with a last minute punt return or something..would just be outstanding. But it's a potential haynesworth situation especially considering the money that would be involved no doubt.

If it becomes THAT bad with him and Philly I would say **** it, go for it. But I'm not sure 1 year trial is a possibility. That only works if every other team in the league is convinced he's not worth a multi year, big money contract.

Interesting thought, but I doubt it happens.

I'm a Cal alum and watched all his college games, and was screaming like a madman before he was drafted that he'd be a NFL star. He slipped a little in the draft due to concerns about his size, but then became a massive threat at Philly, as we all know... he has some of the most indescribable speed I've ever seen. No one has his acceleration. Once he gets the ball in space, he's gone every time.

Even so, I'm going to reluctantly vote "no" on the Redskins signing him. At Cal, he was known for being aloof in the locker room and a head case. Doesn't sound like much has changed at Philly.

Hitman, you're my dude, but mmmmmmm, i can't defend you on this one. DJax would not fit in with what Shanny is trying to do. He's a talent for sure, but his talent isn't worth the head ache.

Fair enough. More than anything I wanted to talk about something other than Hank going on IR or "Is it Shanny or the players?" It's an interesting thought, though. To be completely honest I agree with you, I wanted to play devil's advocate though with a thought-out argument. Thought I could sway some people with the punt returner argument :)

Fair enough. More than anything I wanted to talk about something other than Hank going on IR or "Is it Shanny or the players?" It's an interesting thought, though. To be completely honest I agree with you, I wanted to play devil's advocate though with a thought-out argument. Thought I could sway some people with the punt returner argument :)

Same reason I was going to start this thread.

Though thanks to you, I realized I know far more about football than I thought I did. That's a net positive for me, at least.

Hey, just imagine if we drafted him instead of Malcolm or D. Thomas...

Archived