Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Reid-defends-DeSean.html?cmpid=131298059

I'll believe what the coach says about him over anybody in the media...just saying.

You're.....kidding, right? Reid is trying to plug the holes in the ship as it goes down. Trying to salvage something from the wreckage. Did you watch the game? You're actually going to believe the guy whose job depends on keeping the players in line, under control, while keeping the effort level high in a lost season? God that's naive.

So you are ok with him acting like an ametuer in what is a contract year, and expect this behavior to change when he gets paid?

Yeah, that seems realistic...

I didn't say all that :ols: Just that I understand why he's been frustrated. The guy has always stepped up and made plays for that team in KEY moments especially against DIVISION opponents and they left him out to dry. Players are expected to be loyal to teams that are blatantly disloyal to them.

How he plays once somebody pays him is anybody's guess...

Why would want to even take a chance and bring that attitiude into a young rebuilding team? Go get me a pro's pro who is not going to whine like a spoiled brat who is not as talented any day.

Yeah, but don't be upset winning 5-8 games every year.

Fixed it for you!

Over rated? Useless because he's afraid of contact? The guy is most people on this websites size why WOULDN'T he be afraid of contact? Lol.. And I've seen him scorch the NFC with far too many end arounds, deep bombs, short slants turned TD, and punt returns to call him over rated. He's literally hopped, skipped, and danced into the endzone against us, Dallas, and New York his entire career. The only way he's over rated is if you look at him as strictly a WR, but he does much more than that for Philly.

He's under contract to do a job. A contract he signed. The Eagles are calling his number but he has bailed on the assignment. Who is being disloyal?

My problem is, why are the Eagles so hell bent on calling DeSean's number? They had no problem giving Vick a long term deal.

Bottom line: There is no way this FO brings in a guy like DJax. It's just not going to happen. They are building a team with chemistry and hard-workers who want to be here and would do it for free because they love this team and where it is headed. He does not fit that mold at all.

But I also guarantee some dumbass reporter like JLC reports the Skins are interested if he hits the market. When is the last time they haven't said we're interested in a FA receiver?

He's under contract to do a job. A contract he signed. The Eagles are calling his number but he has bailed on the assignment. Who is being disloyal?

If a player under performs his contract, what will a team do? Cut him unless he restructures for less. Why wouldn't a player be paid when they have massively outperformed their contract?

If a player under performs his contract, what will a team do? Cut him unless he restructures for less. Why wouldn't a player be paid when they have massively outperformed their contract?

I'll post this again:

LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson are in similar situations. They are both on very low salaries compared to their skill level.

McCoy chooses to bust his #### to earn a big paycheck next season. Jackson chooses to sulk like a child and quit on his teammates like a self-entitled loser.

McCoy will be rewarded with a HUGE contract. Jackson has lost himself big money on the open market, and might even be stuck with a 1 year 'prove it' contract with a terrible team, though I doubt it. either way, funny how things magically work out when you put forth some effort and try your hardest.

DeSean has gone about this the wrong way, no matter how you look at it.

If a guy with talent responds to this situation like McCoy and still hits FA, fine, I'd be okay with that player. When a player responds like Jackson has and then hits FA, I have ZERO interest.

My problem is, why are the Eagles so hell bent on calling DeSean's number? They had no problem giving Vick a long term deal.

Because he pulls **** like this. Giving up on the team.

Eagles saw Vick wanting to become one of the best. Eagles see Desean as a player who just wants to get paid.

They are building a team with chemistry and hard-workers who want to be here and would do it for free because they love this team and where it is headed.

FREE?!?! LOL. I know the point you're trying to make, but you need to take that back.

The iggles are going to win only 5-8 games this year and are still in better shape than us for 2012.

If I'm the iggles I'd franchise him and wait for more teams with Madden 2013 fans to get fleeced like the Cards with Kolb and that other team foolish enough to give up two picks for a QB famous for his passes taking out anthills and improving fielding by shortstops. :rolleyes:

Its funny how fans bashed Vinny and Danny for going after other teams players then once they get that huge signing bonus do not sniff the pro bowl or perform up to expectations. What is to stop Jackson from trotting on another fly route, as I saw last night, after he gets his money and the team is losing?

^^^Fair enough given the lockout. But there are a few players, guys like Fletcher, Helu and Hightower, to name a few, that I truly feel they play "for the love of the game." Do they want to be fairly compensated? Of course. But their heart is 100% in it and they aren't playing just for the money. It's not really something you can quantify but you know it when you see it, if you know what I mean?

I'll post this again:

LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson are in similar situations. They are both on very low salaries compared to their skill level.

McCoy chooses to bust his #### to earn a big paycheck next season. Jackson chooses to sulk like a child and quit on his teammates like a self-entitled loser.

McCoy will be rewarded with a HUGE contract. Jackson has lost himself big money on the open market, and might even be stuck with a 1 year 'prove it' contract with a terrible team, though I doubt it. either way, funny how things magically work out when you put forth some effort and try your hardest.

DeSean has gone about this the wrong way, no matter how you look at it.

If a guy with talent responds to this situation like McCoy and still hits FA, fine, I'd be okay with that player. When a player responds like Jackson has and then hits FA, I have ZERO interest.

My point still remains that the contract would have been voided if the player was getting the upper hand. If Jackson goes all out and gets lit up across the middle, like he's done multiple times for that team before, and he gets hurt, they'll throw him in the scraps. Neither he, nor the team is going about things the right way. Jackson and McCoy should have been the first in line to get paid. Young players who've carried that team offensively. Instead, the team went out and paid a bunch of other teams former stars. That's what led to all of this or else he'd be skipping into the endzone on a highlight on ESPN right now.

Does a player ever give back guaranteed money? Look at what Haynesworth cost the Redskins.

Interesting. Like with most topics the truth is somewhere in-between. Jackson does not suck. He's also not all-world. I do think the media, in trying to explain what has happened to the Eagles, have fixated on a player and made a small story into one that will alter many fans' opinions of Jackson.

From what I've seen, he's not a bad guy. I can empathize with him a little. Over the last couple of years he was a fantastic x-factor for Philly. His explosive plays were jaw-dropping. Coming into this season he was surely underpaid. And playing at 5'8" 170 isn't an easy way to make a long healthy living in the NFL. Especially when you take a vicious cheap shot that gives you a mean concussion.

(Quick side note, I've experienced a few concussions myself and it is one of the most terrifying things I've ever been through. You know mentally you are different and incapable of processing things as quickly as you used to. And you wake up every day hoping that the cobwebs get shaken out and you can be you again. And my concussions were, thankfully, mild in nature.)

But the Eagles didn't reward him and wanted him to play out his contract. And that's fine. They have the same concerns that Jackson has... how long will he last? Jackson wants to be taken care of so he can lay it on the line without worrying that he'll never get that big payday.

Maybe Jackson won't ever be the same player he was pre-concussion. Or maybe he just needs that security. Either way, I don't think he'd be a good fit here. Andy Reid, for as much as I bust his chops, is a truly skilled offensive mind. I highly question his players' ability to perform at a high level outside of his system. (McNabb and Kolb, to name a couple) But I don't think he's a bad guy. Does he have a lot of diva in him, I'm pretty sure he does. But many of the good WRs these days do.

Jackson wants to be taken care of so he can lay it on the line without worrying that he'll never get that big payday.

Or Does Jackson want to get paid so that he doesn't have to worry about ever having to lay it on the line again? Think about it. There are always two sides.

You get a job as a mail boy. It's a temp position for 2 years. By the end of the first year, the company realizes you're over qualified, and you've basically become one of the heads of your department. However, the company wants you to work at $8.50 the remainder of the year until your mail boy contract expires. I'm sure all those "loyal" people in this thread would suck it up for their coworkers who need them. Actually I'm pretty sure most of us would say screw you and take our talents elsewhere.

Jackson and McCoy should have been the first in line to get paid. Young players who've carried that team offensively. Instead, the team went out and paid a bunch of other teams former stars. That's what led to all of this or else he'd be skipping into the endzone on a highlight on ESPN right now.

Couldn't agree more, all you have to do is look at our franchise for the past couple decades. Signing other team's stars to huge contracts, not taking care of your guys...it ruins chemistry and typically ends in disaster. Nothing wrong with adding key pieces that fit - guys like Marcus Washington or London Fletcher, but we've been a perfect example of how not to approach FA. I'm not defending DJax at all, simply saying I agree that it is entirely the wrong way to run a franchise. Pay your people who have earned it playing for your team first.

Skins gonna end up with jackson you can book it. I'd be for it sometimes things sour in a place a player responds the wrong way to something negative and needs a fresh start. Get Jackson pair him with hankerson and Moss and we'd have a nice looking wr corpse.

we'd have a nice looking wr corpse.

:ols: Funny stuff.

My point still remains that the contract would have been voided if the player was getting the upper hand. If Jackson goes all out and gets lit up across the middle, like he's done multiple times for that team before, and he gets hurt, they'll throw him in the scraps. Neither he, nor the team is going about things the right way. Jackson and McCoy should have been the first in line to get paid. Young players who've carried that team offensively. Instead, the team went out and paid a bunch of other teams former stars. That's what led to all of this or else he'd be skipping into the endzone on a highlight on ESPN right now.

I already gave you an example of a more talented player on his OWN TEAM who is handling this correctly, while making half of what DeSean is currently getting paid. When you've got that, its pretty tough to take DeSean's side, no matter what the team's doing. McCoy is giving him a proper example of how to handle it right in front of his face every single day.

Archived