Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

When was the last time the Skins had a WR run 61 YAC like Thomas just did to end the Denver game? WRs can make a QB. Thomas was wide open and it was an easy 20 yard throw for Tebow to end the game. This is what happens when you have receivers who can actually run.

Its also what happens when you are playing a defense that refuses to keep a safety over the top, when they've been getting torched deep by the same guy all game.

Goes to my argument that Polamalu really isn't that good a safety.

He's definitely fallen off the last two years. But that's what happens when you don't have the highlight-reel turnovers and TD's as a playmaking safety. The holes in your game start becoming a little more transparent and noticeable on film. The Steelers defense was almost dead last in turnovers this season. That's VERY unlike them, and its shown.

He's definitely fallen off the last two years. But that's what happens when you don't have the highlight-reel turnovers and TD's as a playmaking safety. The holes in your game start becoming a little more transparent and noticeable on film. The Steelers defense was almost dead last in turnovers this season. That's VERY unlike them, and its shown.

Can we say Landry (when healthy) is on par with Polamalu now?

When was the last time the Skins had a WR run 61 YAC like Thomas just did to end the Denver game? WRs can make a QB. Thomas was wide open and it was an easy 20 yard throw for Tebow to end the game. This is what happens when you have receivers who can actually run.
Um, it was an "80" yard TD that Thomas took to the house.:)

I think they're pretty similar. Both hard-hitting safeties that people refuse to admit are MUCH better against the run than the pass (okay, maybe we admit that with Landry), that play a vital role in their defense. Players that are great in the box but merely average in coverage (that one handed diving interception got enough play on ESPN and NFL Network to convince people for the past couple years that Troy P. was an elite coverage safety). Violent hitters. Quiet guys off the field, but with quirky personalities. They're more similar than they are different, in my mind. Only difference is, Troy P. has had a much better pass rush in front of him nearly his entire career, allowing him to make tons of plays that haven't been there for Landry. Landry gets the cleanup tackles, now that he's where he should be at SS, and a lot of them.

But I fear Landry will have a huge problem staying healthy from now on. I hope I'm wrong.

Its also what happens when you are playing a defense that refuses to keep a safety over the top, when they've been getting torched deep by the same guy all game.

Seem like Pittsburgh refused to believe Tebow could actually make accurate deep throws and kept the safeties up to help stop the run. I'd agree that it was much a result of the defense than a great play by the offense/receiver.

As to Jackson, he's an interesting case. Definitely talent. But he seemed to dog it this year, pouting about not getting a big contract. He's also had brain lapses in the past, like when he spiked/dropped the ball short of actually scoring the touchdown. So there's good and there is bad. Most people will forgive the bad when you can do what Jackson did to the Giants last year. But the bottom line is a player like Jackson worth it? The simple fact is not every player will be a perfect model citizen. Sometimes you might compromise taking a more questionable guy to get that elite talent. I'm honestly not sure if he would be a good addition to this team if he was available. I'd lean towards yes, but it's no slam dunk. The fact he pouted this year seems like a big red flag.

As to Jackson, he's an interesting case. Definitely talent. But he seemed to dog it this year, pouting about not getting a big contract. He's also had brain lapses in the past, like when he spiked/dropped the ball short of actually scoring the touchdown. So there's good and there is bad. Most people will forgive the bad when you can do what Jackson did to the Giants last year. But the bottom line is a player like Jackson worth it? The simple fact is not every player will be a perfect model citizen. Sometimes you might compromise taking a more questionable guy to get that elite talent. I'm honestly not sure if he would be a good addition to this team if he was available. I'd lean towards yes, but it's no slam dunk. The fact he pouted this year seems like a big red flag.

As an Eagle fan, I'd hate to see him go. Yes, he did handle his contract situation very poorly, but I have a hard time giving grief to players, who have significantly outperformed their contract, not fighting to get more money. He should have held out however, instead of coming back, as it just hurt his team.

He's not worth big-time money (top 5-7) imo, and he will probably have a tough time scoring big this offseason. However, his vertical threat opens up so much underneath for both the run & pass game due to teams having to give help over top.

HECK NO!!!! Laron, when healthy, is NOWHERE near the level of Polamalu. Dude is one of the most cerebral players in the NFL and has single-handedly won games for the Steelers.

When was the last time Polamalu made game-changing plays?

Um, you must have missed when TP punched the ball out of the endzone vs. the Pats earlier in the season, preserving the win for the Steelers.

HECK NO!!!! Laron, when healthy, is NOWHERE near the level of Polamalu. Dude is one of the most cerebral players in the NFL and has single-handedly won games for the Steelers.

Dude is too much of a freelancer and has lost as many games for the Steelers as he's won. Case in point: last week, overtime. From the Steelers' coaching staff, their defensive playcall wasn't a zero blitz. They called for a safety to be playing deep coverage. Polamalu decides not to pay attention to the playcall because he thinks he can make a big flashy play. Ike Taylor playing outside technique, thinking he has help inside, lets DT break inside, to where Polamalu should be. Instead, it's an 80 yard touchdown.

Um, you must have missed when TP punched the ball out of the endzone vs. the Pats earlier in the season, preserving the win for the Steelers.

Which, if you watch the replay, was him breaking off his assignment to try to make a big flashy play.

When healthy, Landry is as much a force as TP.

Dude is too much of a freelancer and has lost as many games for the Steelers as he's won. Case in point: last week, overtime. From the Steelers' coaching staff, their defensive playcall wasn't a zero blitz. They called for a safety to be playing deep coverage. Polamalu decides not to pay attention to the playcall because he thinks he can make a big flashy play. Ike Taylor playing outside technique, thinking he has help inside, lets DT break inside, to where Polamalu should be. Instead, it's an 80 yard touchdown.

Which, if you watch the replay, was him breaking off his assignment to try to make a big flashy play.

When healthy, Landry is as much a force as TP.

You're trying too hard to discredit Polamalu to pump up Laron....if you watched the replay, he sealed the game. Point blank. Also, let me know when Landry has a DPOY on his resume or makes a pro-bowl other than being a 2nd or 3rd alternate. On no universe is Laron Landry the equivalent of Troy Polamalu even when healthy. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with ANYTHING you said.

You're trying too hard to discredit Polamalu to pump up Laron....if you watched the replay, he sealed the game. Point blank. Also, let me know when Landry has a DPOY on his resume or makes a pro-bowl other than being a 2nd or 3rd alternate. On no universe is Laron Landry the equivalent of Troy Polamalu even when healthy. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with ANYTHING you said.

Polamalu WAS an elite safety, now he's just above average. Too much freelancing and not following his assignment. Before he got injured last year, Landry was playing at a higher level than Troy P and was arguably in the lead for DPOY.

I would sign him without question. Although alittle bit of a diva but are'nt most good wide recievers. He is a elite deep threat who requires deep safety help opening up a entire offense underneath. He is also a elite punt returner that is a threat anytime the ball hits his hands. The Redskins need playmakers downfield period.

If we're going to take a risk on a total ******* in FA, I'd rather it be Talib. And he makes much more sense for our team than D-Jax.

Jackson was a sulker this year no doubt, he coulda handled it better but damn the kid has outperformed his contract by a ton.That does'nt make him a bad person and I hate when people judge other people when they have no idea what went on behind the scenes with the front office.

To compare Talib to Jackson is wrong.

This is football and to be good you need legit playmakers not some good community guy that says the right thing. This team better get some serious help at Wr, if they don't it will be a good way to really kill any young Qb's confidence and development.

And i'd sign them both if the price is right. Every football locker room from high school,college to the NFL have alot of complete knot heads in them.

DeSean Jackson is an idiot and jackass off the field in the media and in the locker room, and on the field with his celebrations and arrogance.

Aqib Talib is an idiot off the field because he's a criminal, who shot at someone with a gun.

They are both idiots.

It may not be fair to compare them as PEOPLE, but I never did that. I said that if I was gonna sign an ass, it would be Talib. It may be in different ways and to differing degrees, but they are both undoubtedly asses.

I'd rather take the risk on a young shutdown corner than a limited, yet explosive, WR. Especially since it'll be easier to sign Talib for cheap and Morris, his mentor, is here.

Archived