Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

I think if he got paid he would be highly productive. The man wants to get paid and no better person to pay someone than Daniel Snyder. Take a risk and this risk will pay dividends. This isn't Albert Haynesworth.

This, after the thread you just started? Really? :doh:

You are hopeless, that has been confirmed.

DeSean Jackson = AH part 2 .....pass !...............................Build through the draft !

Not that I'm advocating signing him, but this is just something I hate to see. I agree that you build through the draft, but you still need to supplement your roster with free agent signings. We did well this year with Cofield, Bowen and Wilson. Jackson is still young and would be a great weapon to have, but I'm not sure I'd want us to sign him for the money that he wants.

After what I've seen the last couple weeks, I don't want this idiot anywhere near the Washington Redskins. Except maybe lining up against us.

Tough read. He is 100% justified in being pissed at Phi, who basically said in response to his temporary hold out come on in and we'll take care of you. He did, then Philly completely screwed him over, and have tried to get a full season at bargain basement price, with no obligations for the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the position, no matter how much they offer he won't play for them, and will take a pay cut to go somewhere else.

What does he do once he gets the money? Hard to say. Bit of a headcase, no doubt, but does that mean he stops trying?

Tough read. He is 100% justified in being pissed at Phi, who basically said in response to his temporary hold out come on in and we'll take care of you. He did, then Philly completely screwed him over, and have tried to get a full season at bargain basement price, with no obligations for the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the position, no matter how much they offer he won't play for them, and will take a pay cut to go somewhere else.

What does he do once he gets the money? Hard to say. Bit of a headcase, no doubt, but does that mean he stops trying?

This is a joke. The guy has completely quit on the field, on his team, and on himself. He's not 100% justified - if he didn't want to play for $500,000 or whatever, he should have held out. Period. He DIDN'T hold out, and now he's on strike?

It's ridiculous. I don't care what Philly allegedly told him, he's not a professional and I don't want him anywhere near the Redskins. We've seen this movie too many times and it always ends badly.

We've got plenty of receivers on this team and they are starting to develop. Stick with them instead of bringing in a hot mess like Jackson.

This is a joke. The guy has completely quit on the field, on his team, and on himself. He's not 100% justified - if he didn't want to play for $500,000 or whatever, he should have held out. Period. He DIDN'T hold out, and now he's on strike?

It's ridiculous. I don't care what Philly allegedly told him, he's not a professional and I don't want him anywhere near the Redskins. We've seen this movie too many times and it always ends badly.

We've got plenty of receivers on this team and they are starting to develop. Stick with them instead of bringing in a hot mess like Jackson.

totally agree.

We've seen this movie before. Pass on deSean Jackson. That display last night with Vince Young spoke volumes.

~Bang

you guys are crazy to say don't sign him...(if money works for Skins)....I give him credit for even playing, he held out briefly in training camp, spoke with the eagles and they told him come to camp and they would discuss contract, he showed up, played well and nothing from the eagles. He has obviously outplayed his rookie contract and it is up this year and he deserves to be paid. If it was year 2 of a 5 year contract and he wanted more ( i agree, he is a bad guy etc.) but in the last year and he's makin $600k, with all the free agent signings, Steve Smith 2 yr $5 mil????. Its not worth it to him to play just this year for $600k and risk injury. He would have been better to sit this year and he would have made up that money easy with his next contract, difference is he wouldn't have had the injury risk.

I'd sign in a second, the guy is a player, young and lightning speed.

Hail no!!!! I can't believe people here are actually defending this guy's actions. I would rather have undertalented players giving 125% than a talented one giving 50%. Forte in Chicago is going through the same thing and you don't see him being the kind of distraction this guy is. WRs are a dime a dozen. We can get them through the draft and through FA. Besides do we really need another small WR amongst our undersized WR corp already? I think not and say no way to this. No way at all.

If Moss was a year older and Shanny thought he could mold Jackson into a solid team player, I'd say yes. Problem is, our weakness is in the Megatron category, not the small quick deep threat category. Moss has another year in him, at least, so we can forgo Jackson at this point. We can pick up a monster large WR this year or next, and look for another speedy deep threat at the same time, but I don't think Jackson is necessarily the answer.

If we were shooting for a 1st round WR tall guy this year I might think differently on Jackson, getting a tall monster and a shorter quick deep threat would be an amazing upgrade, especially since they'd both be young. Of course, we have other problems (QB).

I'd still sign him. DeSean just needs a change in scenery. Put yourselves in his shoes. Your boss hire a few people and pay them much more than you, even though you've busted your ass for them over the years. Your attitude would change too.

Please don't adjust my posts

Sorry, too late.

You may not like him like most are saying but to argue that they guy is overrated? For $600k?

Oh, you think he'll cost $600k in FA? :ols:

That's funny.

Also, yes, with how he's been "playing" this year, I think he's overrated at $600k. He shouldn't even be on the field.

I'd still sign him. DeSean just needs a change in scenery. Put yourselves in his shoes. Your boss hire a few people and pay them much more than you, even though you've busted your ass for them over the years. Your attitude would change too.

My attitude towards management? SURE! But not for my teammates. He quit on his teammates.

You got a problem with management, then stick it to them. But how are you going to stick it to the guys who block for you? Who pass it to you? Who defend you?

He is the exact type of person who I would fire let alone hire.

My attitude towards management? SURE! But not for my teammates. He quit on his teammates.

You got a problem with management, then stick it to them. But how are you going to stick it to the guys who block for you? Who pass it to you? Who defend you?

He is the exact type of person who I would fire let alone hire.

I hate making these sort of posts, but it's all i can do.

+1

~Bang

Happens all the time in the real world!!

There is no way I would want to see him on the Redskins, As an example look at how Matt Forte is handling his situation, he too is in a contract year and the Bears still haven't offered him a new contract but Forte is pretty much carrying the Bears with his unselfish play on the field and his a positive in the locker room. Miss Jackson on the other hand is acting like a complete idiot that does not deserve #1 WR money.

LaSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson are in similar situations. They are both on very low salaries compared to their skill level.

McCoy chooses to bust his #### to earn a big paycheck next season. Jackson chooses to sulk like a child and quit on his teammates like a self-entitled loser.

McCoy will be rewarded with a HUGE contract. Jackson has lost himself big money on the open market, and might even be stuck with a 1 year 'prove it' contract with a terrible team, though I doubt it. either way, funny how things magically work out when you put forth some effort and try your hardest.

DeSean has gone about this the wrong way, no matter how you look at it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Reid-defends-DeSean.html?cmpid=131298059

I'll believe what the coach says about him over anybody in the media...just saying.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said he was "very, very disappointed" with the NFL Network for its portrayal of DeSean Jackson on the sideline during last night's loss to Seattle.

"You can take a camera and make it alook any way you want to make it look." Reid said at his day after news conference. "I am telling you, that kid was all in last night and wanted to win that game as much as anybody."

"There was nothing on the sidelines, no commotion with him and Vince," Reid said. "There is nothing there. Nothing."

Its not worth it to him to play just this year for $600k and risk injury. He would have been better to sit this year and he would have made up that money easy with his next contract, difference is he wouldn't have had the injury risk.

I'd sign in a second, the guy is a player, young and lightning speed.

If he is saving his health for money, what incentive does he have to play hard AFTER he has his money? He'll just be an anorexic version of haynesworth with wii facial features. Just say no to signing the bad attitude little stick man *****.

If he is saving his health for money, what incentive does he have to play hard AFTER he has his money? He's just be an anorexic version of haynesworth with wii facial features. Just say no to signing the bad attitude little stick man *****.

Agreed, but damn...tell us how you really feel. Anorexic version of Haynesworth? I love it!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Reid-defends-DeSean.html?cmpid=131298059

I'll believe what the coach says about him over anybody in the media...just saying.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said he was "very, very disappointed" with the NFL Network for its portrayal of DeSean Jackson on the sideline during last night's loss to Seattle.

"You can take a camera and make it alook any way you want to make it look." Reid said at his day after news conference. "I am telling you, that kid was all in last night and wanted to win that game as much as anybody."

"There was nothing on the sidelines, no commotion with him and Vince," Reid said. "There is nothing there. Nothing."

Reid has a very good point. Remember last year with Haynesworth where they made it look like he wasn't taking part in a sideline discussion/meeting even though his presence wasn't required.

Archived