Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

I am so sick of the "I don't want that guy on my team" crowd. Everybody else in the division sign and draft guys with characters issues and don't have any problems.

I'm glad someone else made this thread because I was thinking the samething. If we, by chance, draft Robert Griffin III and sign Jackson. The speed we'll have on offense would be incredible. I would love for DeSean to come to the Skins.

I am going to get roasted as well and maybe even banned, but here goes.

Jackson has been one of the most exciting players on the eagles since he has been there. Defenses have to account for him every time he is on the field. He is in a contract year where his team seemed to sign every big name in the NFL. However, he is still playing for pennies, by their standards. I think it is safe to say that many people would feel a little slighted by this. I didn't hear many fans calling him a headcase when he was lighting it up the last two seasons. I live in Philly area. I know that we Redskins hate him, especially after that Monday night game that still haunts me. However, how can we hate him for "taking off" during games when many of us said the same thing about our receiving corp the last couple of weeks? Do they get a pass because of the QB situation?

He does the same exact thing as Anthony Armstrong...He just has a QB that can throw a good deep ball.

Please don't mention Armstrong and Jackson in the same breath.

Very disrespectful towards Jackson....:ols:

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 12:58 AM ----------

I'd have no problem signing Jackson.

In fact, I'd rather have him than Bowe.

I am going to get roasted as well and maybe even banned, but here goes.

Jackson has been one of the most exciting players on the eagles since he has been there. Defenses have to account for him every time he is on the field. He is in a contract year where his team seemed to sign every big name in the NFL. However, he is still playing for pennies, by their standards. I think it is safe to say that many people would feel a little slighted by this. I didn't hear many fans calling him a headcase when he was lighting it up the last two seasons. I live in Philly area. I know that we Redskins hate him, especially after that Monday night game that still haunts me. However, how can we hate him for "taking off" during games when many of us said the same thing about our receiving corp the last couple of weeks? Do they get a pass because of the QB situation?

Why would you get roasted or banned?

I think that part of the reason we're starting to see D-Jax act more like a headcase (even though there were hints of it here and there in the prior two seasons) is exactly because of what you said. I can't imagine being a player who has done nothing but make plays since pretty much the day I was drafted, and all I want is a deal to compensate my services, and then organization would pay me.

And then, to top it off, not only will they NOT pay me (a homegrown talent who has been trying to step up as a lockerroom veteran and is taking his maturing process very seriously), but they go out and spend a bunch of money on Nnamdi, spend all this money on all these other guys who haven't been there, who haven't made plays, and who now aren't looking like they're gelling at all and aren't worth the money.

I'd get annoyed too, but you still have to be a pro.

It's just a bad situation altogether in Philly.

And Andre Johnson. And Calvin Johnson. And Greg Jennings. And Wes Welker.

...I could probably keep going.

According to this list of highest paid wide outs:

http://www.numeroten.com/top10/sports/files/top-10-highest-paid-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl-2011.html

Fitz #1

Calvin Johnson #2

Andre Johnson #6

Greg Jennings #9

Welker is getting 2.5 million this season and he's a free agent next year. We'll see how that works out for him.

DeSean Jackson? He's getting 600k this season. Less than 1/4th of Wes Welkers salary this season.

That could explain why one of them is complaining about money and the others aren't. Having said that he's not in the same league as those listed in the top 10 IMO and he doesn't deserve their contracts.

A guy to keep an eye on is Eddie Royal. He's a free agent and as a rookie played the slot for Shanny in Shanny's last year in Denver. He caught 90 balls for almost 1,000 yards. He's also a return guy who took one to the house against Oakland two weeks ago. He could play the slot for us and return kicks, which would make us better, deeper, younger and allow us to save a spot by letting Banks go. Royal and a guy like VJ or Colston, along with a healthy Hank would be a really good WR group.

How many times you seen a teams number one receiver told by the coach just dont show up for the game. Go home. Guy must have a serious attitude problem and we dont need that drama on this team. We have had our fair share already and it is part of the reason we are what we are.

I don't understand the hate for a move like this.

Jackson would fit a huge need at WR as a PLAYMAKER. He would make us faster, more athletic and more explosive.

If the price was right, and he was willing to come here I think we'd take a look at him.

However, QB and o-line are higher priorities. Moss, Hankerson and Jackson in a three WR set with a new QB (Barkley, RGIII) would be a good start. Not to mention, Jackson could be to our rookie QB what Steve Smith is to Cam Newton.

Lol. Dude, I've been thinking about posting this all friggin' day, and was about to post a thread about it before I realize you had already done it.

Don't feel bad. I was joking around with Steelz earlier about it as well. :ols:

Dang, Hitman, I had alot of respect for you, but this took the top off a little.

Jackson is a mini version of Owens; a distraction.

He's showing his true colors with him wanting more money and his performance, and we all know the exact scenario would play out here.

Besides, he's pretty much a one-hit wonder, and he'll be lucky to even be on a team in a few years, especially with this little stunt he's pulling...

Archived