Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would DeSean Jackson look with the Redskins?

Hitman21ST

I haven't followed this thread. I've only popped in and seen the conversation on this page.

But if you think Laron Landry is a safety at the talent of Polamalu, you are either off your ****ing rocker, or the world's biggest homer. No amount of arguing or recollection of plays will change that. And I like Laron.

Desean Jackson isn't as terrible a person as people are making him out to be. Comparing him to Talib who apparently shot at someone makes no sense to me. The one time I've seen Jackson outside of football on tv he was meeting with some little kid about being bullied and made the kids day. People like to bring other people down though. For example had that example been something negative it would be mentioned in this thread a million times, but since it doesn't fit with the he's a scumbag jerk, low life thug mantra it gets ignored.

Bottom line is that he is a huge threat in areas where we have weaknesses- the vertical passing game and the return game(no TD's this year I believe). If he wants to hop, skip, cartwheel, or flip into the endzone after scoring a game winner against the Cowboys for us, go right ahead! Just be sure to cross the endzone. :ols:

I didn't say that Jackson was a thug, or a scumbag, or a low-life. I said he was an ass, and an idiot.

So is Talib, for different reasons. Perhaps he is more so. I am NOT comparing them as people.

I'm just saying I'd rather take the risk on Talib than DJax.

I didn't say that Jackson was a thug, or a scumbag, or a low-life. I said he was an ass, and an idiot.

So is Talib, for different reasons. Perhaps he is more so. I am NOT comparing them as people.

I'm just saying I'd rather take the risk on Talib than DJax.

I rather take a risk on both. And I would be happy we got them. Because on the field they will make this team better.

I don't usually go for this type of thing, but I think Desean has been poorly portrayed. Did he mail it in during a couple of games? Yes.

But...I try to look at things from his POV. The Eagles asked him to come to camp, not hold out, and if he did they would take care of him. Desean came to camp to avoid an ugly hold out, and for that he should be commended. That is not the act of a selfish player, but one of a good teammate. He had out performed his contract by IMO the largest margin in the league...except for Chris Johnson. He had every right to hold out, and he did not.

So, you're Desean, and now your team is signing all of these FAs to huge contracts? And they're not working on a deal for you? And you've been kicking arse in Philly since the day you came to town? Please...

I personally think he will absolutely be killing it for someone next year, and although I'm not claiming that we should sign him...I sure as hell wouldn't throw a fit if we did. :)

I don't usually go for this type of thing, but I think Desean has been poorly portrayed. Did he mail it in during a couple of games? Yes.

But...I try to look at things from his POV. The Eagles asked him to come to camp, not hold out, and if he did they would take care of him. Desean came to camp to avoid an ugly hold out, and for that he should be commended. That is not the act of a selfish player, but one of a good teammate. He had out performed his contract by IMO the largest margin in the league...except for Chris Johnson. He had every right to hold out, and he did not.

So, you're Desean, and now your team is signing all of these FAs to huge contracts? And they're not working on a deal for you? And you've been kicking arse in Philly since the day you came to town? Please...

I personally think he will absolutely be killing it for someone next year, and although I'm not claiming that we should sign him...I sure as hell wouldn't throw a fit if we did. :)

Especially when he made them atleast 2 million dollars on one play vs the giants. That play got them into the playoffs and a home game where you know it was a pack house with over priced tickets. But you want him to play another whole season for 500,000 dollars when you paying Cullen Jenkins 8 million a year? What where they do that it?

No way. Cancer in the locker room. And he's looking for a big payday contract. Red flags are flying high.

With that line of thinking we will always suck looking for choir boys instead of football players.

He is a cancer because he sulked over his contract give me a break?

Would he have been a bigger cancer if he just held out and not played?

My best friend was promised a raise at my work and did'nt get it he has been pissed off for months and I don't blame him one bit. When your production outweighs your pay and your promised to be taken care of and it don't happen thats a issue. Jackson makes chump change for the production he has given that team single handely winning games for them.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 01:51 AM ----------

x2

• 1 month later...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826e7578/article/report-eagles-wont-let-jackson-go-without-something-in-return?module=HP11_headline_stack

The Philadelphia Inquirer, citing league sources, reported Sunday that the Eagles won't let go of receiver DeSean Jackson, whose contract is about to expire, without getting something in return. That would mean the Eagles are all but guaranteed to place the franchise tag on their Pro Bowl receiver if a deal isn't reached by March 5, the deadline for teams to franchise players.

By franchising Jackson, the Eagles wouldn't let him hit the open market and maintain the option to trade the fifth-year receiver.

The Inquirer, citing sources close to Jackson, also reported that he would be willing to sign the Eagles' one-year tender worth approximately $9.5 million (or nearly $9 million more than he earned last year).

Off the top of my head, I can remember specific plays where he beat us, the Cowboys, and the Giants. The reverse against us, the deep pass against Landry, the short curl against the Cowboys along the sideline where he took it like 80 for a TD, the punt return against the Giants in the final seconds. It seems like people think he's overrated, but in my opinion he's definitely one of the most dangerous players in the league, and he's shown up in big game situations for the Eagles. Even if we don't sign him, I think he's earned his payday.

Archived