Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter Twitter: Fred Davis, Trent Williams among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

mzkp54

32 teams. Only 11 players facing the music. And a third could be be Redskins. I'd expect Shanahan to be embarrassed. Especially when 2 could be guys looking for FA contracts. It's dumb & unprofessional. And that will reflect badly on Shanahan' date=' as a coach who is supposed to be turning this place and culture around, imo.[/quote']

Only if you look at it from a short sighted standpoint. What if we've got four players but the Jets have 7 or something?

I don't think Shanahan will be happy, but I doubt he'll be embarassed. Like I said; these a grown men. Grown men, in a lock out situation, far away from Redskins Park where Mike can keep an eye on them and tell them not to frak up. I'm not worried about what people on the outside think about the culture change around here. They're going to laugh at us until we start winning. Really don't see how this reflects badly on Mike at all. He had no control over any of these guys during the lockout.

If this was done during the offseason, who cares? But, if this was done during the regular season, then this just makes Ryan Clark's statements look all the more credible about Redskins players caring more about partying than winning. We've all seen games where it looked like our players simply didn't care about winning and just wanted the game to end.

From my perspective, these guys are making close to or over millions of dollars a year. They have the stay in shape, play football and follow the rules of the team and the league. That's it. You give me millions of dollars a year and I won't even drink a beer if you tell me not too. As long as I am making that kind of money I could give up a "vice". Hell if you paid me millions of dollars a year, I wouldn't even have sex if you said no.

The perspective is simple, follow the rules and you get paid. These two dumbasses couldn't do that. Sorry, but I feel nothing but disdain for them at this point.

I'm not saying that they aren't dumbasses.

I'm saying that the reaction is extremely overblown.

I'm not saying that they aren't dumbasses.

I'm saying that the reaction is extremely overblown.

Except for the fact that now they are facing suspension. It's not only affecting them, but their teammates, the coaches and the fans.

I am really disappointed in them. I know they don't give a **** that I am disappointed in them. It bothers me because I have been a fan since I was a little kid. I remember all those threads about how people would say "Mike you are losing me" and would laugh at those threads because I never thought I could not be a fan. I will get over it, but at the same time, this is the first time that I am not totally sure. I am just going to take a wait and see how the Skins handle it. I really can't explain my feelings on this and I have backspaced out a few lines already. Shanny said he wants to build a high character team with a lot of heart. It's put up or shut up time for him. He believes people should come in with a clean slate and I agree with that. These three just **** all over the slate.

As long as the positive tests were collected before the regular season, I don't really care as long as Fred and Trent are first-time offenders. They'll lose two game checks and better keep their asses clean from now on.

As for the rumors of a redskin who's a repeat offender... now I've got an issue. Lockout or not, "30 day grace period" or not, you know you've had your one "get outta jail free" card. Completely irresponsible from a professional standpoint.

Edit: everything that I can find says that albeit special circumstances (i.e. an arrest), a first-time offense for recreational drugs only carries a fine but no suspension. I think the rumors and discussion of suspensions for Trent and Fred are unfounded then

Except for the fact that now they are facing suspension. It's not only affecting them, but their teammates, the coaches and the fans.

I am really disappointed in them. I know they don't give a **** that I am disappointed in them. It bothers me because I have been a fan since I was a little kid. I remember all those threads about how people would say "Mike you are losing me" and would laugh at those threads because I never thought I could not be a fan. I will get over it, but at the same time, this is the first time that I am not totally sure. I am just going to take a wait and see how the Skins handle it. I really can't explain my feelings on this and I have backspaced out a few lines already. Shanny said he wants to build a high character team with a lot of heart. It's put up or shut up time for him. He believes people should come in with a clean slate and I agree with that. These three just **** all over the slate.

Again: It is extremely overblown.

If this were the Rapist or the Dog Torturer, then I understand. However, this is smoking a joint. The reaction is, to ironically put it mildly, excessive.

For people who are saying that three of the eleven are Redskins, and that this means that it was *ONLY* these eleven who were smoking pot at ANY point, are just idiots. I'm sorry, I want to frame it positively, but that is simply idiotic and a spade is a spade. They are far from the only ones. Just because you know about it doesn't mean that they're the ELEVEN players, in a league with 1792 players on active rosters, who smoked up this offseason. They're just dumb enough to have been caught.

There are three types of drivers: Those who speed, those who speed and get caught, and those who need to stay in the right lane at all times. I'm guessing that we as a fanbase are comprised more of the first two. Again, stones and glass houses and whatnot.

I hope that Shanahan is smart enough to realize that kids make mistakes. I also hope that some people posting on this board, not just directed at you, Destructis, try to remember that they made mistakes, too. Your income or title or role doesn't matter.

Why aren't the websites really talking about this? Nothing really on ESPN, SI, FOX or CBS sports. If we are talking about, I am sure they know more than we do.

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 06:11 PM ----------

I hope that Shanahan is smart enough to realize that kids make mistakes. I also hope that some people posting on this board, not just directed at you, Destructis, try to remember that they made mistakes, too. Your income or title or role doesn't matter.

I am not offended by what you are saying at all. I knew before I said that I hoped they traded all three of them that I would get people calling me an idiot. I actually expected more backlash. I do understand your point. You are are looking at the big picture in that 11 failed. I am looking at it a little smaller. I don't give a crap about the other 8 on other teams. I care about the 3 on the Skins. It is a reflection of the team and I am disappointed in them. I do hope Shanny does something about it to show that it is unacceptable to do that as a Skin.

I am not anti drug. Hell I pretty much did everything but shoot up into my early 20's. I made my mistakes. I quit smoking weed in my late 20's because I knew how much I had to lose if I got busted. When I had my daughter, I realized I could lose my job if I got busted. If I didn't have a job, then I couldn't take care of her.

People do make mistakes and I understand that. But when you make a mistake, expect to pay a penalty for it. I do get what you are saying and we will have to agree to disagree. I don't feel as though I am overblowing it. It is what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Drinking alcohol: legal, no suspension

Shoving a guy's head into the ground and stomping him: 2 games

Smoking something that's safer than alcohol: 4 games

:doh:

EDIT: They should know better though. Dumb law, but it IS the law.

EDIT 2: Luckily I have Jermichael on my bench.

It's ridiculous, but at least it seems like the suspension will be for the rest of 2011 (4 games left this season) and won't affect 2012 at all.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 07:39 PM ----------

via Twitter

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

For what it's worth: On the reported suspensions of Davis and Williams, via e-mail from an NFL spokesperson: "We are declining comment."

they're only subject to fines.. although it isnt very comforting that they are smoking weed in the offseason, considering their reputations for being slackers

well, what else did they have to do? the lockout was in effect, they couldnt practice at redskins park. there was nothing to slack off on

Archived