Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter Twitter: Fred Davis, Trent Williams among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

mzkp54

So we are worried about a little pot in the offseason but say nothing about the painkillers they gooble up all year and the injections they take to play. Under your promise drugs are drugs. By giving them these drugs do u not risk them becoming addicted to those? Why would u compare the military with a private business they have nothing in common. When u say keep the nose clean you are indicating Coke, we are not talking coke!

It's a saying "keep your nose clean" has nothing to do with coke.

Why would I compare them? People look up to them both that is why. If you are doing something against the law and get caught pay the price. I don't understand why sports players get a pass for doing weed....

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I was in the military and have seen it first hand people who have been kicked out. Why should people who are on tv and having kids look up to them not be held to that same standard????

So you are not a "drug user" if you only use drugs sometimes? :ols:

The way you defend them for doing it is what I think is ridiculous, not my post, but thats just my opinon....

As a serviceman, thank you for your service. However, you seriously compare your duties in the military with professionally playing a game? The reason that you aren't allowed to use marijuana in the military is because it inhibits your performance and you are ALWAYS on duty. You smoke up, you're putting lives at risk. They smoke up, they're putting dollars at risk. There is zero comparison.

Oh, and, so you're saying that you're a convict because you've gotten a speeding ticket, right?

My point is to save your vitriol for the rapists and the dog torturers.

"The fact that you two argue so constantly and with such anger shows you still really care and actually feel very passionate about your marriage." :D :pfft: :ols:

It works!

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 12:37 PM ----------

My mistake, I thought weed was an illegal substance in the states as it is here in the UK.

Yes, and if we want to play the "illegal is illegal" game, then murdering someone is just as illegal as jaywalking, right?

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I was in the military and have seen it first hand people who have been kicked out. Why should people who are on tv and having kids look up to them not be held to that same standard????

So you are not a "drug user" if you only use drugs sometimes? :ols:

The way you defend them for doing it is what I think is ridiculous, not my post, but thats just my opinon....

You use drug user as if most of america is not a drug user??

Who does not indulge in more then their share of caffine?

How much alcohol is abused at every football game?

Weed is just not that big of an issue i am sorry. I will take someone high way way way over any legal liquor drunk person.

I don't see why the NFL cares about what recreational drugs are used by players. The only thing they should be monitoring is performance ENHANCING drugs. If they want to use drugs recreationally, just like any employer, the NFL should keep out of it. If you show up to work and your work excels, then what you do in your private life is just that, private.

If you guys think it's only 3 guys on our team, you're kidding yourselves. Chances are 50% of the league or more enjoy a little weed in their down time. The only problem is their stupidity for not taking precautions to pass the test, but whatever. As long as they don't do it before practice or before games, it really has no effect whatsoever on their play. Hell, it might even enhance film study considerably.

In other news, once States and eventually the Federal government embrace how much money they will make off taxing majijuana, it will be legal. It happended with alcohol and it happended with tobacco. It's far less dangerous in general than alcohol, and it's far less harmful to the individual than tobacco. I have done many studid, embarrassing, and potentially dangerous things after having too many drinks. The only thing I've done after too much weed is lay down and go to sleep. Many years ago of course. :cool:

You use drug user as if most of america is not a drug user??

Who does not indulge in more then their share of caffine?

How much alcohol is abused at every football game?

Weed is just not that big of an issue i am sorry. I will take someone high way way way over any legal liquor drunk person.

Using weed is against the law. You may not like that fact but it is.

The point I was making about drug user is if someone is using drugs, that does kinda make them a drug user.

Yall carry on with defending plays who smoke weed, I have other stuff to do :ols:

Because no one's life is directly at risk when football players do it. When soldiers (or sailors or Marines) do it, they are putting others' lives at risk.

Marijuana is just a plant. It just grows like that. And if you so happen to set it on fire.... there are some effects. But thats not drugs. Drugs you have to do something chemically to it! The only side effects are hungry, happy, sleepy!

If it was weed, I could care less as long as they don't get into any more trouble with it.

Anyone who thinks this is no big deal is just not thinking straight.

The Washington Redskins do not pay them the big bucks for them to go buy weed. First of all, weed in this day and age is laced with all sorts of other crap. Second of all, how are they getting it? Associating themselves with the wrong kinda people most likely.

As a professional football player it takes an absolute idiot to smoke weed. Both Trent and Fred are worth millions because of their talents. Fact is, the people writing their contracts DO think its a big deal, this news coming out certainly makes a front office more hesitant to sign them to a big deal.

The decisions they made will cost them millions.

Dumbasses

As a serviceman, thank you for your service. However, you seriously compare your duties in the military with professionally playing a game? The reason that you aren't allowed to use marijuana in the military is because it inhibits your performance and you are ALWAYS on duty. You smoke up, you're putting lives at risk. They smoke up, they're putting dollars at risk. There is zero comparison.

Oh, and, so you're saying that you're a convict because you've gotten a speeding ticket, right?

My point is to save your vitriol for the rapists and the dog torturers.

It works!

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 12:37 PM ----------

Yes, and if we want to play the "illegal is illegal" game, then murdering someone is just as illegal as jaywalking, right?

Jaywalkers don't get life or the death penalty.

"The Washington Redskins do not pay them the big bucks for them to go buy weed."

They also don't pay them to take craps, but they still do. And they also play football. How about that?

"First of all, weed in this day and age is laced with all sorts of other crap."

How would you know? Got evidence?

"Second of all, how are they getting it?"

How does anyone get it? Knowing a guy who knows a guy. Plus, they've got semi-celebrity status, they could probably get someone to lick their armpit if they asked nicely.

"Associating themselves with the wrong kinda people most likely."

Not everyone who's involved with weed is a terrible person believe it or not.

"As a professional football player it takes an absolute idiot to smoke weed. Both Trent and Fred are worth millions because of their talents. Fact is, the people writing their contracts DO think its a big deal, this news coming out certainly makes a front office more hesitant to sign them to a big deal."

We'll see.

"The decisions they made will cost them millions."

We'll see.

BTW - there are plenty of people who have to not smoke weed for their jobs - anyone who works for a company that gets a government contract, for example.

HAHAHAHAHA. I hate to break it to you, but that is not even close to being true. There may be government contracts that require drug testing, but again, it's incredibly easy to pass a test. But I know countless individuals on government contracts that smoke everyday and are not tested.

breaking news: young football players smoke weed.

more breaking news: who cares.

These guys are making 100's of thousands of dollars. They choose to risk that by smoking a joint? Huge dumbasses. I don't care if D. Smith told them there would be a cushion. They know it's against the rules and they could be suspended and lose game checks. It's a choice they made and now they have to live with the consequences. WTF was running through their heads? "D told me I would have extra time to get the weed out of my system so it's ok"

People always ask why players are broke a few years after retiring. This is why, dumb **** life choices.

Archived