Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter Twitter: Fred Davis, Trent Williams among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

mzkp54

Yeah but do you still want a guy like that on the team? I mean this team already has enough troubles and problems and with players on the team even causing more trouble and making the Skins look even worse if possible should be dealt with in a hurry.I personally would'nt want it on my team but thats me.

We couldn't field an NFL team if we avoided all players who smoke weed.

You guys really want to ***** about guys smoking a little weed? Perspective, man. It's not that big of a deal. I'm not Christian, but isn't there something about glass houses and stones? Not putting people up on a cross? Being careful scaling their ivory towers or riding on a horse as high as, well, I think that you get the point.

From my perspective, these guys are making close to or over millions of dollars a year. They have the stay in shape, play football and follow the rules of the team and the league. That's it. You give me millions of dollars a year and I won't even drink a beer if you tell me not too. As long as I am making that kind of money I could give up a "vice". Hell if you paid me millions of dollars a year, I wouldn't even have sex if you said no.

The perspective is simple, follow the rules and you get paid. These two dumbasses couldn't do that. Sorry, but I feel nothing but disdain for them at this point.

I could ask you, why is it that nowdays the only people who AREN'T forced to do drug tests are the people who allow us to be tested against our will (ie elected officials)?

I think you'd have a very good case for that. Frankly stats here in WV have shown that Rx Drug Abuse is actually surpassing the totally illegal drugs like marijuana.

I have to think that the coaches on this team are not happy that two of thier promising players on offense are caught up in this. I think it creates further concern for Trent. He was drafted to be a leader on this team. He has now been injured and out multiple games in his first two seasons. You have to question his durability. It seems like almost every week he commits a penalty at a critical time in the red zone that seems to stale a drive. And now this, yet another distraction and a question about his judgement. It is hard to make a case in my view that he has lived up to all the hype. I dont know how these test work as to if it was just a few teams that were tested or it was a random sample but if it was a random large sample and 30% of the players caught were Redskins, to me this is a bigger concern in that there may be larger issues out there.

From my perspective, these guys are making close to or over millions of dollars a year. They have the stay in shape, play football and follow the rules of the team and the league. That's it. You give me millions of dollars a year and I won't even drink a beer if you tell me not too. As long as I am making that kind of money I could give up a "vice". Hell if you paid me millions of dollars a year, I wouldn't even have sex if you said no.

The perspective is simple, follow the rules and you get paid. These two dumbasses couldn't do that. Sorry, but I feel nothing but disdain for them at this point.

I agree with you. These guys were drafted and have been identified as leaders on this team. So if this is how your leaders show leadership, then you get what you have, a bad football team.

Hmm.

I don't agree with that philosophy but maybe someone like Jerry Sandusky would?

Guess I'm just a square, wanting to abide by the law and all that. :)

That's crazy talk. With this logic, you'd have to say that the Jim Crow laws were morally right until they were done away with.

crap. I would hope they'd be doing some HGH to get better because they aren't testing for it, yet.

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 09:24 AM ----------

This is like an injury, because they won't play. Is the season over? YES. We've hit our ceiling. We'll fight for another win this season, but we'll do it with rookies to see who really wants it.

Unless Willie Smith is one of them.

I hope Shanny sticks with being consistent in how he handles it. I don't want him to make an example out of one of them, for example a low round draft pick or someone who has been around a while and is not a starter. If he chooses to cut or trade one of them, I hope he does it across the board no matter how much talent that person has. It would hurt the Skins short term, but help them long term and set the standard.

I hope Shanny sticks with being consistent in how he handles it. I don't want him to make an example out of one of them, for example a low round draft pick or someone who has been around a while and is not a starter. If he chooses to cut or trade one of them, I hope he does it across the board no matter how much talent that person has. It would hurt the Skins short term, but help them long term and set the standard.

I'd be fine getting rid of Trent Williams. I'm really starting to dislike the guy. Not to mention, his play has been average at best.

If I read this right you are implying that the other 11 players are Redskins too? I believe it is 11 other NFL players. Adam just knew of Williams and Davis probably because of his ties to Shanny.

If I read this right you are implying that the other 11 players are Redskins too? I believe it is 11 other NFL players. Adam just knew of Williams and Davis probably because of his ties to Shanny.

Not at all. I heard 4 during the game. I am just saying that I don't want Shanny to cut someone like Willie Smith and saying he is setting the standard, and leave the others there. I just want everyone held to the same standard or we will end up in a situation like we had before.

Edit: I am not saying Smith is one of them, just used him as an example.

Not at all. I heard 4 during the game. I am just saying that I don't want Shanny to cut someone like Willie Smith and saying he is setting the standard, and leave the others there. I just want everyone held to the same standard or we will end up in a situation like we had before.

Edit: I am not saying Smith is one of them, just used him as an example.

Ok. Got you. I agree 100% with that statement then.

Ok. Got you. I agree 100% with that statement then.

ROFL I saw your twitter post about people not refreshing on ES and had to come back to make sure I didn't miss something when I answered you.

It's tough at work sometimes because I start a post and then something comes up here and finish the post 10 minutes later.

Archived