Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter Twitter: Fred Davis, Trent Williams among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

mzkp54

These guys are making 100's of thousands of dollars. They choose to risk that by smoking a joint? Huge dumbasses. I don't care if D. Smith told them there would be a cushion. They know it's against the rules and they could be suspended and lose game checks. It's a choice they made and now they have to live with the consequences. WTF was running through their heads? "D told me I would have extra time to get the weed out of my system so it's ok"

People always ask why players are broke a few years after retiring. This is why, dumb **** life choices.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. What a disgrace.

Hey Einstein, it will cost them a ton, in game checks from the suspension. Let's sign them to another contract and count on them....oops sorry they are suspended.

I read that out of the players only one is eligible to miss games, the rest will just have fines

These guys are making 100's of thousands of dollars. They choose to risk that by smoking a joint? Huge dumbasses. I don't care if D. Smith told them there would be a cushion. They know it's against the rules and they could be suspended and lose game checks. It's a choice they made and now they have to live with the consequences. WTF was running through their heads? "D told me I would have extra time to get the weed out of my system so it's ok"

People always ask why players are broke a few years after retiring. This is why, dumb **** life choices.

With the amount of junk these guys put into their bodies daily to be professional athletes, I couldn't care less about some marijuana.

The NFL shouldn't either.

guys are broke after they retire because they buy houses, cars, jewelry, planes, and stupid **** like this. nobody ever goes broke smoking pot lol.

put it this way, trent williams stupid diamond gorilla necklace that cost him 125k or whatever is a bigger worry than him smoking pot.

Why do I have these ideas flowing through my head, maybe they 'did it' because they were duped into believing it would give them added performance, help them compete better, and for a few weeks it was working? oops, but then it wore off? Ugh, I hate hearing about our team being in trouble, but you know what, this team has me so sick at my stomach right now, I'm kind of glad the Miami game wasn't on TV. Not sure I could have stomached it.

As long as they aren't suspended I don't really care. It's naive to think that most players in this league don't smoke weed in their free time, i'd put the percentage of recreational drug use in the NFL in the high 90's. They are grown men I don't care what they do as long as it doesn't affect their play. Just don't get caught again sleepy, and especially you Trent.

Jaywalkers don't get life or the death penalty.

Yeah, and? Illegal is illegal according to you.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 05:18 PM ----------

guys are broke after they retire because they buy houses, cars, jewelry, planes, and stupid **** like this. nobody ever goes broke smoking pot lol.

put it this way, trent williams stupid diamond gorilla necklace that cost him 125k or whatever is a bigger worry than him smoking pot.

Where do you think he keeps his pot? Effing genius we have at left tackle . . .

Yeah, and? Illegal is illegal according to you.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 05:18 PM ----------

Where do you think he keeps his pot? Effing genius we have at left tackle . . .

But punishment should fit the crime. If the players have taken something on the banned substance list (it's their business to know what is on the list) then they should be punished accordingly. Maybe if the players started to behave like well paid professional athletes then they may start to play like professioinal athletes and we would actually start to look like a professional football team instead of the bunch of losers that we are.

Hey Einstein, it will cost them a ton, in game checks from the suspension. Let's sign them to another contract and count on them....oops sorry they are suspended.

:rolleyes: It'll cost them some. Not a ton. Not to them. And what exactly are we counting on them for this season? To help us win 5 games instead of 4? They don't have a history of this. It's their first time and they, stupidly, believed there would be a grace period after the lockout. It's really not that big of a deal. Move on. We have bigger issues.

Read my last comment that you quoted. "This is why, dumb **** life choices" Getting high and then being put in the drug program is a stupid ass thing to do. Again, dumb **** life choices.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 06:19 PM ----------

:rolleyes: It'll cost them some. Not a ton. Not to them. And what exactly are we counting on them for this season? To help us win 5 games instead of 4? They don't have a history of this. It's their first time and they, stupidly, believed there would be a grace period after the lockout. It's really not that big of a deal. Move on. We have bigger issues.

They have a history of it now. They are now in the substance abuse program.

Hey, check this out. What the hell is going on with this team? I would trade Trent and not re-up Fred Davis. This is absolutely rediculous.

What the hell is up with you? Just because some young players want to smoke some weed on their own time doesn't mean anything. I'm sure their heads are in the right place. The NFL shouldn't care that they are breaking the law. The NFL should mind it's own business. Hell, even though we have a 3-6 team, at least we have 3 players who are flying the "legalize it" flag! Woo hoo! I'm so proud to root for these guys, and now at least we know why they keep "missing assignments." Hey, it's all good right? My pockets straight.

/sarcasm

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 06:23 PM ----------

They are grown men I don't care what they do as long as it doesn't affect their play.

How do you know up until now that it hasn't?

I'm going to take this one step further, these guys had assurances from the NFLPA that positive tests from the lockout wouldn't fall under the drug testing once the new CBA was signed.

What kind of stupid mother ****ers plan to break the law and try to get assurances they won't be penalized when they return to work? Funny thing is the union fosters this kind of behavior and we wonder why this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

I lost a hell of a lot of respect for 2 of our players today.

It's definitely not for PEDs...

womp womp.

I know right, if our offense has bought/taken PEDS they got an expired batch or something lol.

As for the 3rd culprit my vote is for Macintosh...would explain why he's always a step late and whiffing on tackles.

Hey, check this out. What the hell is going on with this team? I would trade Trent and not re-up Fred Davis. This is absolutely rediculous.

trent is starting to look more and more like a bust. Fred has had some crucial drops in the past few weeks.

Still, I wouldn't cut the chord yet.

But punishment should fit the crime. If the players have taken something on the banned substance list (it's their business to know what is on the list) then they should be punished accordingly. Maybe if the players started to behave like well paid professional athletes then they may start to play like professioinal athletes and we would actually start to look like a professional football team instead of the bunch of losers that we are.

If you're going one km over the speed limit, would an officer usually let you go? Or would you be begging for a ticket (or your equivalent) because you broke the law.

You're also insinuating that one who smokes weed is one who is incapable of being a professional. Yeah, I know a guy who scored a 43 on his MCATs. A 43. Go look up how often that happens. This guy is now an incredible doctor, and I would trust him to make decisions for my children's health. Oh, and he and his friend, a guy from around where I'm from who went to Cornell and got a degree in Computer Engineering, spent time thinking of innovative ways to smoke.

My other friend, Patrick, is now a lawyer, near top of the class, after being known as "Potrick" because of the ungodly amount of weed that he'd smoke. A lawyer. From a very high-ranking school.

I am a social worker for a child welfare agency, and when kids come in and tell me that they've smoked, I don't consider him a drug user. He's just a kid. He's one of the smartest kids that I've ever met, and he's going to do some amazing things in life.

Oh, but, he's not, right? People who smoke cannot be professionals.

They knew they were going to have to report to camp at some point. 30 day grace period? Please... Most of these guys make so much money it's insane to jeopardize their future earning potential with red flags like... failed drug tests. I don't care if they were smoking a substance that's legal in 16 states and DC for medicinal purposes. It was unprofessional to report to camp with anything other than league approved substances in their system.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 08:22 PM ----------

haha this one had me rolling.

Rolling what? lol

Archived