Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter Twitter: Fred Davis, Trent Williams among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

mzkp54

These guys are idiots. both with three failed tests already in thier careers.

Our franchise LT, with his $60m contract, misses one in every three games through 2 years. And i guess he's one failed test away from a years ban. Time to get a decent back-up at LT.

As for Davis, in a contract year, God, it's just stupid.

These are supposed to be cornerstones of out future. I said earlier in the thread that Mike Shanahan will be embarassed & got shot down for stating so.

Can't wait to see what he says about this.

Really this thread is THIS long? It's just weed. I would rather them be high then out drinking and driving.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

There is certainly SOMETHING to see here, no matter how you feel about the illegality of weed.

Ya know, because two of our players are suspended for the rest of the season. That's something.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7315213/sources-fred-davis-trent-williams-washington-redskins-facing-4-game-lockout-drug-ban

Sources: NFL, union reach ban deal

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN

Washington Redskins offensive tackle Trent Williams and tight end Fred Davis are facing four-game suspensions following a lockout-related drug-test settlement between the league and the NFL Players Association, according to sources.

According to the sources, Williams and Davis were two of 11 players that tested positive for recreational drugs shortly after the lockout ended this summer. As part of the settlement, the sources said, the other nine positive tests by unidentified players will be nullified.

Williams and Davis are considered repeat offenders, according to the sources, and would have faced one-year bans under normal circumstances.

According to sources, both the league and the NFLPA were awaiting word from Davis on whether the fourth-year player will agree to the settlement, but if Davis were to decline, he would face a year-long suspension. Williams has agreed to accept the four-game suspension, the sources added.

League sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Nov. 13 that Williams and Davis were among the 11 players facing discipline.

However, the group of players protested that they had been led to believe there would be a 30-day grace period on drug testing following the lockout as part of an understanding between NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, a source told Schefter.

~more at link~

My opinion is that this thread is becoming quite SICK! No one should condone or accept that any illegal drug is acceptable in this country. As I have stated, if we one day medically give it out to cancer patients or ones that need it, I can FULLY accept this.

Whatever your arguement be it illegal, or whatever, bottom line is, its a decision that affects the whole team. Not just themselves. It's selfish. It's illegal. And it's immoral. Try to remeber, these guys are in the NFL and have children looking up to them as role models. If using drugs are just that important to these guys, resign from the NFL and go use drugs. You're taking up too many spots for young guys to make it into the NFL. Thats my :2cents:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7315213/sources-fred-davis-trent-williams-washington-redskins-facing-4-game-lockout-drug-ban

However, the group of players protested that they had been led to believe there would be a 30-day grace period on drug testing following the lockout as part of an understanding between NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, a source told Schefter.

Hurry up everyone, we have 30 days to use drugs!

IDIOTS....

This is a league that features players who have murdered people drunk driving, physically assaulted their pregnant wives, held guns to people's heads while making them beg for their life, tortured dogs until death, stomped an opponent's face wearing cleats, ordered the shooting of another person

Given the confusion regarding a lockout, with a disbanded union and the presumption that there would be a "grace period" in place, it's personally hard for me to be in uproar over a few of our players enjoying the long, extended downtime with some marijuana. Especially given that they both have performed at an extremely high level this year, shown a clear dedication for improvement, and the additional irony that their suspensions will more easily enable us to draft our long-needed franchise quarterback.

santana-moss-sean-taylor-clinton-portis.jpg

Who would've thought that 22-year olds and 24-year olds like to party and, occasionally, happen to make mistakes?

Shanahan should cut them both.

Yes I'm serious.

They are now both 3-time offenders with one positive test away from a 1-year ban.

This is a 4-8 team and while Davis has been really good this season, Williams has been avg. Is it safe to label him a bust now?

The team may see a short term decline but it would be the best decision for the organization in the long run, not to mention the message it would send to the rest of the team.

just heard it is their 3rd offense each. If that is true I would Leary of resigning Davis to anything other than a 1 yr with an option. Or with no guaranteed money.

I agree that this changes things in terms of contracts. Would the next offense be a year long suspension? If so then something has to be added to the contract that protects the team in the event that Fred decides to hit his bong again. While I don't think weed is a big deal, being suspended for four games and possibly missing a year for another infraction certainly is. These players aren't worth a penny if they can't step on the field. These two morons need to pull their heads out of their asses before they ruin their careers.

Ad Trent Williams in only in his second season and he's failed three drug tests? Come on...

Yes I'm serious.

They are now both 3-time offenders with one positive test away from a 1-year ban.

This is a 4-8 team and while Davis has been really good this season, Williams has been avg. Is it safe to label him a bust now?

The team may see a short term decline but it would be the best decision for the organization in the long run, not to mention the message it would send to the rest of the team.

Williams has been FAR above average. Do you watch the games, or pay attention to the line? Where are you getting this? He's far from a bust. If anything, he's just injured too much. His play has been excellent.

This is a league that features players who have murdered people drunk driving, physically assaulted their pregnant wives, held guns to people's heads while making them beg for their life, tortured dogs until death, stomped an opponent's face wearing cleats, ordered the shooting of another person

Given the confusion regarding a lockout, with a disbanded union and the presumption that there would be a "grace period" in place, it's personally hard for me to be in uproar over a few of our players enjoying the long, extended downtime with some marijuana. Especially given that they both have performed at an extremely high level this year, shown a clear dedication for improvement, and the additional irony that their suspensions will more easily enable us to draft our long-needed franchise quarterback.

santana-moss-sean-taylor-clinton-portis.jpg

Who would've thought that 22-year olds and 24-year olds like to party and, occasionally, happen to make mistakes?

There was some show on NBC 4 consisting of CP, Smoot, and Carlos Rogers I saw a few years ago; there was no way they were not high, it was pretty blatant.

Yes I'm serious.

You want to cut the teams leading receiver and starting left tackle that was drafted in 2010? You do realize this team has a billion needs on offense and you think that it's in the teams best interest to create two new ones. One of them being a HUGE left tackle shaped monster of a hole to fill.

"There's nothing wrong with marijuana!"

Signed,

Millions of losers without jobs or with jobs that don't require drug testing

Thanks Fred.....Thanks Trent....for NOTHING

Funny, I'm pretty sure Trent Williams and Fred Davis are better at their jobs then you will be at anything you ever do, ever.

Oh yeah, and they're only 23 and 24 years old

Williams has been FAR above average. Do you watch the games, or pay attention to the line? Where are you getting this? He's far from a bust. If anything, he's just injured too much. His play has been excellent.

Yes, I watch and pay attention.

He is not excellent. The guy is just avg., he's hurt way too often, and now he's a 3-time weedhead.

Granted saying he is a bust is harsh, but it's trendind that way.

That's what is so frustrating about this, these are 2 guys who could be big time players in the future for us if we can get the missing pieces in the next draft but can we really rely on them when they keep doing knucklehead things like this.

Yes, I watch and pay attention.

He is not excellent. The guy is just avg., he's hurt way too often, and now he's a 3-time weedhead.

Granted saying he is a bust is harsh, but it's trendind that way.

He is NOT just average, which is why I basically asked if you know what the hell you're talking about. The answer continues to be "no". He's had a great season at LT when healthy. Nothing close to a bust.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 06:06 PM ----------

That's what is so frustrating about this, these are 2 guys who could be big time players in the future for us if we can get the missing pieces in the next draft but can we really rely on them when they keep doing knucklehead things like this.

Yes, its very worrisome. We have to hope that they get their **** together. I wonder how it will effect re-signing Davis?

You want to cut the teams leading receiver and starting left tackle that was drafted in 2010? You do realize this team has a billion needs on offense and you think that it's in the teams best interest to create two new ones. One of them being a HUGE left tackle shaped monster of a hole to fill.

Yes I do. If you are trying to change the culture of a losing organization.

I think Williams is overrated. Davis has been very good this year.

Yes it will creat holes short term but long term it's better for the organization. It doesn't makse sense to tie up a boat load of money in 2 players that are a positive test from a 1-year ban.

Funny, I'm pretty sure Trent Williams and Fred Davis are better at their jobs then you will be at anything you ever do, ever.

Oh yeah, and they're only 23 and 24 years old

You let me know when those two get back from their second tour in Afghanistan kid......drug free despite extreme stress.

Something tells me you are unemployed....

As others have stated, it's funny that weed is a 4 game suspension while stomping on a dude is only 2.

It's annoying that this happened, but I think it's telling that Fred and Trent have been having great years. That means that they are dedicated to their craft and focused on the game. Anyone saying they should be cut is ignoring that they are producing on the field. They should be taken aside and reminded of what will happen if they continue, but there is no reason to cut them because of weed.

He is NOT just average, which is why I basically asked if you know what the hell you're talking about. The answer continues to be "no". He's had a great season at LT when healthy. Nothing close to a bust.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 06:06 PM ----------

Yes, its very worrisome. We have to hope that they get their **** together. I wonder how it will effect re-signing Davis?

I'm sorry I just don't understand this love affir some people have with Williams. I had high expectations just like everyone else, and I see improvement over last year, but no way is he in the top 3rd of LT's in the league which is why I call him avg. Just the way I see it.

Archived