Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter Twitter: Fred Davis, Trent Williams among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

mzkp54

nah, not me.

Why?

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 04:41 PM ----------

So the Post story said that they failed drug tests after the "grace period" set up when the lockout was over. Any chance they could appeal on the grounds that the grace period wasn't long enough?

They can't appeal at all because it was part of a deal struck between the NFL and NFLPA.

I wonder how this effects Fred Davis contract situation? Anyone know what it is currently?

I think he just lost his guaranteed money or at the very least he will have a clause in his contract saying if he fails another drug test that he has to pay it back. What a dumbass thing to do in a contract year. He fails another one and it's a year long suspension. I hope smoking weed was worth the millions Freddie.

Per 980, from a SI report, 4 game ban for each. Done for the year. Williams already accepted it, awaiting Davis' reaction. They only played today as the written confirmation came too late.

I'll reserve comment on my feelings as it's un-PC on here to be happy their done for the year. I will say it's a complete joke on the pair to be caught for a third time. Just as you thought the culture was changing.

Hail.

Who would've thought in Week 1 that by Week 13, Trent Williams, Leonard Hankerson, Fred Davis, Chris Cooley, Kory Lichensteiger and Tim Hightower would be out for the season?

Throw in Jenkins as well, nobody would have thought that and the press doesn't even talk about it. If it were the Cowboys it would be there escape clause on any lose or a atta boy on any win.

I can't be outraged. Weed should be legal.

You should be outraged they weren't good enough teammates to not get caught. They were stupid, and whether you disagree or not, it was selfish of them to not take care of their business.

Especially ****ing stupid of Davis in a contract year.

Throw in Jenkins as well, nobody would have thought that and the press doesn't even talk about it. If it were the Cowboys it would be there escape clause on any lose or a atta boy on any win.

Oh most definitely -- but those players were just on offense. And we already had bottom-10 talent to begin the season

all it means is that everyone will sleep on us again next year, even if/when we add that sexy rookie franchise QB

While it is about the farthest from a performance enhancing drug that one can get minus heroin, it is still at this point an illegal drug. Its a complete joke to be in position to make that much friggin money and cant stay away from a couple tokes. Man i hope they got high as gas to justify how much money they just lost over it.

They are addicts. Addicts do stupid things like this all the time. They will not straighten up until they get help. Dr. Drew would love to have them on his show!

EDIT: More people go to rehab for marijuana abuse than any other drug. These guys really do need to take this seriously, or they will not be on the team much longer. It is not about them being "too stupid" to stop. They need help.

Who was it that played for the 'Skins in recent years and said after he left, "The Redskins aren't concerned about winning. All they want to do is party. They aren't serious."

It looks like he was right. This organization is a disaster and has been for years. It starts a the top. We are one of the toilet-bowl teams of the NFL. I'm ashamed to be a fan. And some out here get upset at the supposed "biased media against the Redskins." When we stop being a joke we'll be taken seriously. Until then, don't expect much winning for the unseen future.

As for the players themselves, very, very selfish. They put themselves before their team, and that is inexcusable.

Really this thread is THIS long? It's just weed. I would rather them be high then out drinking and driving.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Dude, weed is elligal substance! You condone it? All that do are wrong! When and if it is medically excepted as a treatment for those who need it then we can talk about it. Until then, those who say it's ok are WRONG! Plain and simple.

Really this thread is THIS long? It's just weed. I would rather them be high then out drinking and driving.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

:doh: You are a putz! (and a stoner obviously) What if the Redskins were finally having the breakout season we've been craving and were tied for 1st place with Dallas right now? How would you feel then? No big deal?

Thank god we're out of it right now or this would be 1000 times worse and William's and Davis would be crucified!

Archived