Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter Twitter: Fred Davis, Trent Williams among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

mzkp54

whether it was recreational or performance enhancing drugs it is still a drug. What difference does it make if they get suspended or fined or both. It is just proof that these guys aren't dedicated enough to their job and team to make sure they make an impact. I guess they thought that the CBA they were bargaining for was called the Columbian Bong Agreement. "Smoke em up boys! We are going to have a clause in there to have a 30 day grace period before testing. OOOOPPPPSSS! I got so high I forgot the clause. My bad!"

ROFL I saw your twitter post about people not refreshing on ES and had to come back to make sure I didn't miss something when I answered you.

It's tough at work sometimes because I start a post and then something comes up here and finish the post 10 minutes later.

Oh no that was about all the threads being started about the Peyton Manning trade rumor.

Not to really pour it on the guy, but there is SOMETHING about him I haven't liked when he is interviewed. Maybe it's because he's a bit aloof. Something about his attitude doesn't sit well with me, and frankly he isn't playing well enough yet where you can just put something like that to the side.

You're not the only one.

Biggest contract on the roster.

Act like a pro' and set the standard, a bit higher than you are now Trent.

Unless Willie Smith is one of them.

I hope Shanny sticks with being consistent in how he handles it. I don't want him to make an example out of one of them, for example a low round draft pick or someone who has been around a while and is not a starter. If he chooses to cut or trade one of them, I hope he does it across the board no matter how much talent that person has. It would hurt the Skins short term, but help them long term and set the standard.

Jimmy Johnson once cut a low level linebacker for being late to a meeting that Troy Aikman was also late for.

When someone asked him why he didn't treat them equally he said "Because they are not equal".

And that is how it is in pro football.

~Bang

More than 2..

They said 4 Skins during the game. I also heard on twitter from one of you guys that the suspensions are coming down now and that we will get looks at a few of the younger guys. The words used were "it's going to get ugly"

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 03:40 PM ----------

Jimmy Johnson once cut a low level linebacker for being late to a meeting that Troy Aikman was also late for.

When someone asked him why he didn't treat them equally he said "Because they are not equal".

And that is how it is in pro football.

~Bang

And you just showed why I don't have much respect for Jimmy Johnson. I want the players to work and earn everything. Set the same standard for each and every player. If he can't live up to that standard, then he shouldn't be here.

And you just showed why I don't have much respect for Jimmy Johnson. I want the players to work and earn everything. Set the same standard for each and every player. If he can't live up to that standard, then he shouldn't be here.

I have a relationship I want you to ponder.

Joe Gibbs-John Riggins.

Do you think Gibbs would have been okay with a third stringer falling asleep and pissing himself during film sessions? Probably not. But he let Riggins do it.

Am I wrong for not caring if my players smoke weed? They could be doing much worse crap then that, like coke or heroin. I'm just glad it wasn't PEDs, and this is just another story we'll all smack our foreheads about when it's legalized. Meh...

That, and it's kind of bogus the league disciplined players for stuff the players did when they technically weren't employees. Still, rules are rules, and if you break the rules, you get in trouble, period.

Am I wrong for not caring if my players smoke weed? They could be doing much worse crap then that, like coke or heroin. I'm just glad it wasn't PEDs, and this is just another story we'll all smack our foreheads about when it's legalized. Meh...

You're not wrong at all. Morally, it's up to everyone to figure out how they feel about it themselves. However, when it comes to doing something that these players know can get them suspended, fans aren't wrong for caring about that. What I find fortunate is that this crap is happening now. To be honest, if we lose Trent Williams and Fred Davis for 4 games in December of 2011, oh well.

Hopefully these guys figure out a way to live their lives and continue to contribute to our Redskins. If they have to stop smoking to be great players, that's what I want as a fan. They aren't my friends, they play for the team I've loved for almost 30 years.

You're not wrong at all. Morally, it's up to everyone to figure out how they feel about it themselves. However, when it comes to doing something that these players know can get them suspended, fans aren't wrong for caring about that. What I find fortunate is that this crap is happening now. To be honest, if we lose Trent Williams and Fred Davis for 4 games in December of 2011, oh well.

Hopefully these guys figure out a way to live their lives and continue to contribute to our Redskins. If they have to stop smoking to be great players, that's what I want as a fan. They aren't my friends, they play for the team I've loved for almost 30 years.

Valid point.

A lot of people argue, for example, Ricky Williams had his career screwed up because NFL wouldn't let him smoke weed. Reality is Ricky screwed his own career because he wouldn't stop smoking, which was against NFL substance abuse policy. Rules are rules, even if they suck. I'd like to see the players make a move on this issue at some point (maybe next labor deal), but in the meantime, more good news for the "suck for Luck" crew. :doh:

Something that bothers me about this is the poor decision making. If they are making poor decisions in their personal lives, how can they be expected to make good ones on the field. That is a trust thing. I am sure others on the team are disappointed in them, along with the coaching staff.

Personally, I feel let down and a little angry at them. There haven't been a lot of Skins suspended for substances, be it PEDS or recreational. I had some pride in that. Now after this, if all three of them get suspended, we are just going to be more of a laughing stock. Now I am starting to feel like we are like those Cowboy teams I hated so much with things like Irvin getting a hotel room with hookers and blow. Now fans can point at the Skins and say it's just another symptom of the culture here in DC. It wasn't long ago that they said this was a team of partiers and I had hoped that stigma would remain gone.

I know I am going to get a lot of flack for this, but I would love to see Shanny and Allen trade every one of them. I want them gone. The Skins need to be restored to what they once were.

I'll add to my previous point (I've said this a time or two in the past)...

Too many fans on these boards seem to really get invested in the guys playing for the Redskins. I read things all the time like "they're so funny" or "who cares if they have a quirky personality" or "would you really study game tape all the time if you were a 25-year old with millions?" and other things.

My answer is simple...I have no clue what I would do and it's unfair, but I want 53 guys who are like Peyton Manning and are gym-rat-nerds about football. I don't hang out with these people. I don't need them to crack clever jokes at parties or have an educated opinion about current events. I need them to be better than the guys in the other jersey on Sundays. Period. So, if they have to abstain from drugs, stay at the facility 12 hours per day, be boring, etc. then that's perfectly fine with me.

Something that bothers me about this is the poor decision making. If they are making poor decisions in their personal lives, how can they be expected to make good ones on the field. That is a trust thing. I am sure others on the team are disappointed in them, along with the coaching staff.

Personally, I feel let down and a little angry at them. There haven't been a lot of Skins suspended for substances, be it PEDS or recreational. I had some pride in that. Now after this, if all three of them get suspended, we are just going to be more of a laughing stock. Now I am starting to feel like we are like those Cowboy teams I hated so much with things like Irvin getting a hotel room with hookers and blow. Now fans can point at the Skins and say it's just another symptom of the culture here in DC. It wasn't long ago that they said this was a team of partiers and I had hoped that stigma would remain gone.

I know I am going to get a lot of flack for this, but I would love to see Shanny and Allen trade every one of them. I want them gone. The Skins need to be restored to what they once were.

Pfft. It ain't like the Redskins have been boy scouts in the past. And one of the things other teams in the league have said about us in recent history is that our guys were more concerned with partying than anything else. Shanahan already kicked out most of the guys who were more concerned with partying than anything else. But the Redskins haven't been "what they were" in 20 years.

If it makes you feel better, Fred and LaRon are both free agents this offseason.

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 04:43 PM ----------

My answer is simple...I have no clue what I would do and it's unfair, but I want 53 guys who are like Peyton Manning and are gym-rat-nerds about football. I don't hang out with these people. I don't need them to crack clever jokes at parties or have an educated opinion about current events. I need them to be better than the guys in the other jersey on Sundays. Period. So, if they have to abstain from drugs, stay at the facility 12 hours per day, be boring, etc. then that's perfectly fine with me.

It's funny, because Brian Orakpo AND Coach Shanahan have BOTH said they want to have the most boring team in the league.

I'd gladly settle for boring at this point.

Now fans can point at the Skins and say it's just another symptom of the culture here in DC. It wasn't long ago that they said this was a team of partiers and I had hoped that stigma would remain gone.

I agree with your sentiment - You potentially have 3 players who should be the future of this organisation. And its not like we are talking about dozens being turned over, it could be 3 or 4 from 11 in total.

Where's the culture change. This will embarrass Shanahan. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I agree with your sentiment - You potentially have 3 players who should be the future of this organisation. And its not like we are talking about dozens being turned over' date=' it could be 3 or 4 from 11 in total.

Where's the culture change. This will embarrass Shanahan. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds.[/quote']

How is something that occured during a lockout shortened season where Mike had no contact or ability to control his players going to embarass Shanahan?

These are grown ass men. They know right for wrong. Mike's got nothing to do with it, and two of those three guys are hangovers from the last administration. Trent should really know better, but still; don't see how that's Mike's fault.

How is something that occured during a lockout shortened season where Mike had no contact or ability to control his players going to embarass Shanahan?

These are grown ass men. They know right for wrong. Mike's got nothing to do with it, and two of those three guys are hangovers from the last administration. Trent should really know better, but still; don't see how that's Mike's fault.

32 teams. Only 11 players facing the music. And a third could be be Redskins. I'd expect Shanahan to be embarrassed. Especially when 2 could be guys looking for FA contracts. It's dumb & unprofessional. And that will reflect badly on Shanahan, as a coach who is supposed to be turning this place and culture around, imo.

Archived