Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter Twitter: Fred Davis, Trent Williams among 11 players facing discipline for testing positive

mzkp54

Forget what Dungy wrote. What ever works for him and his career ain't gonna work for everbody. You don't like the idea until we have RG3, one of the best Olines in the NFL, elite defense, and depth. Then we are going to look back at the 2011 and 2012 draft as some of the best draft in our team history. I'm sorry if this idea don't sit right with other fans but these loses are something we have to go through.

I wasn't saying to pick up Uncommon for his philosophy on building a football team, I was saying you should pick it up for your own good.

Very well then. What was the point of your statement?

It was just a pre-emptive observation, and it turned out to be correct. In my book, there's very rarely a case when being labeled "pretentious" or "preachy" requires being wrong.

What post to you? I started with an observation, and followed up with an explanation when you asked for it. I'm not preaching to you at all.

Are you saying that post, after quoting me, wasn't directed toward me?

If you think people shouldn't call others out then practice what you preach.

Are you saying that post, after quoting me, wasn't directed toward me?

If you think people shouldn't call others out then practice what you preach.

I don't have a problem calling out other posters for certain things. That was why I called out your pretentiousness. I'm not sure what the problem is here, and why this conversation's still happening. You didn't like my observation, fine. My observation happened to be that you were about to get preachy, fine. I was right--that doesn't make ME preachy. I didn't tell you not to post that way. Hell, in my explanation I even clearly stated that I agreed with your stance in general, that you weren't wrong!

It appears you just don't like being called pretentious. Sorry? That doesn't make me a hypocrite, because I don't care about your tone towards that other guy--I just observed it.

I don't have a problem calling out other posters for certain things. That was why I called out your pretentiousness. I'm not sure what the problem is here, and why this conversation's still happening. You didn't like my observation, fine. My observation happened to be that you were about to get preachy, fine. I was right--that doesn't make ME preachy. I didn't tell you not to post that way. Hell, in my explanation I even clearly stated that I agreed with your stance in general, that you weren't wrong!

It appears you just don't like being called pretentious. Sorry? That doesn't make me a hypocrite, because I don't care about your tone towards that other guy--I just observed it.

Very well. Let's move on. I have no enemies here and would like to keep it that way.

Sorry, but if you have a job that requires you to keep it clean and you know that you'll be tested and you can't do that, then you deserve the penalty and frustration of the fan base. Other more important players were able to keep their noses clean, but these yahoos couldn't and will pay the price.

I'm not saying kick them off the team, but I hope they lament the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are going to lose due to their own stupidity.

When were the exact dates of said failed tests?

Without that information its stupid to pass judgements so quickly. Maybe they tested positive after the lockout. That would mean they have stayed clean since then.

While it would suck to lose either one of these guys for a year. I highly doubt either will test positive again.

Whole lotta' high and mighty in this thread. I'm glad you people are such moral pillars of society. Give me a break.

Let's be fair here--in no way can failing three different drug tests be explained away as silly youthful mistakes, right? Eventually you learn your lesson and grow up, or you're a dumbass. I guess there could be a middle ground, but that seems unlikely.

Sorry, but if you have a job that requires you to keep it clean and you know that you'll be tested and you can't do that, then you deserve the penalty and frustration of the fan base. Other more important players were able to keep their noses clean, but these yahoos couldn't and will pay the price.

I'm not saying kick them off the team, but I hope they lament the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are going to lose due to their own stupidity.

Well said. Both of them should be embarrassed.

this was actually the 3rd time they got caught.. which should have been the year suspension. but they got lucky that the settlement with many players involved reduced them to the 4 game suspension for a 2nd offense rather than a 3rd. The settlement is a result of the lockout issue.

Ok, so this is their 3rd offense. What happened to them (punishment) for their 2nd offense? I'm all confused now.

Ok, so this is there 3rd offense. What happened to them (punishment) for their 2nd offense? I'm all confused now.

I'm confused on this point as well...you'd think we would have heard about a fine or something.

It makes it even worse that a 3rd offense is SUPPOSED to result in a year-long suspension. Can you imagine the uproar? But instead, there's that deal between the NFL and NFLPA because of the lockout that GGM was talking about, and its down to 4 games. That's why they can't appeal further.

A year would have been horrible for us.

Ok, so this is their 3rd offense. What happened to them (punishment) for their 2nd offense? I'm all confused now.

Yeah, this has eluded me too. What happened the last time Davis and Williams were tested and failed? Why haven't they had a 4-game suspension already?

Is it possible they each failed TWO drug tests during/after the lockout?

I'm confused on this point as well...you'd think we would have heard about a fine or something.

It makes it even worse that a 3rd offense is SUPPOSED to result in a year-long suspension. Can you imagine the uproar? But instead, there's that deal between the NFL and NFLPA because of the lockout that GGM was talking about, and its down to 4 games. That's why they can't appeal further.

A year would have been horrible for us.

A year would have been horrible in every sense of the word. But yeah, I don't remember hearing anything of the 2nd offense at all. Does anyone even know the date of the 2nd test they failed?

I wonder of Trent and Davis smoked together? I wonder of Kyle blazed up with them too. I remember somone said he was a

stoner in college

I highly doubt Kyle is unprofessional enough to smoke weed with his players, I don't care how young he is or what he did in his past. You think Mike would stand for that? :ols:

Archived