Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

What? I thought Shane was shot by Carl. I wasnt drinking but back then i was binge watching twd on a mobile phone with a poor connection and no headphones, so its like i was drunk. Maybe i should go back and watch those spisodes properly cuz if shane was stabbed andd not shot then i wonder what else i missed or misunderstood.

You might want to check out season 2 again with a better connection and volume. Shane was going crazy no doubt but it was over him wanting Lori and Carl for himself and thinking he could kill Rick and take them. He lost all his humanity and became unstable, but was not turning.

Rick stabbed Shane and killed him after Shane made up an elaborate ruse to lure Rick into the woods by himself where Shane planned to kill Rick. He pulled a gun on Rick and in their ensuing discussion Rick was able to sneak a knife out and kill Shane. Then moments afterwards Shane turned and came up behind Rick and Carl shot the walker version of Shane. He didn't turn until death though

http://youtu.be/jnx4f5aRCbI

Carol.

When did this happen for Carol? After Rick left her in that community upon finding out she burned the sick?

Okay i might be mistaken, but i thought Shane started turning before he died, becuse anybody that had the virus could turn,even before they died. But since Shane, everybody how turned did so onlyvafter they died. Wasnt Shanes behaviorincreasingly erratic before Carl shot him? Indicating he had begun to turn? Or did i just misunderstand that entire episode?

Nope.  Shane turned after Rick killed him.  The virus is in everyone, once they die, no matter how, they turn.  Carl shot Shane after he was a walker.  

Neither does Koala. Looks like i misinterpreted a key episode. Shane didnt start turning before he died. Ooooooops

Its alright. Shows gone on long enough to the point where **** will get lost on some people.

It would probably feeel weird as hell to sit through Season 1 now. Glenns a nerdy pizza boy who orobably never kissed a girl, Daryl is an annoying pos following around his scumbag bro Merle like his shadow. Carl is a little ****stain. Carol is a battered wife, Rick wants to save puppies, and Shane is leading the group, barely hanging on by a thread, before the darkness takes him in Season 2. Everyone has changed so much

Its alright. Shows gone on long enough to the point where **** will get lost on some people.

It would probably feeel weird as hell to sit through Season 1 now. Glenns a nerdy pizza boy who orobably never kissed a girl, Daryl is an annoying pos following around his scumbag bro Merle like his shadow. Carl is a little ****stain. Carol is a battered wife, Rick wants to save puppies, and Shane is leading the group, barely hanging on by a thread, before the darkness takes him in Season 2. Everyone has changed so much

Yeah every time the TWD marathon rolls around I end up watching a few of the S1 episodes and its funny to see how everyone has evolved from what they were like.  Its so strange to see Carl as a little boy back then and now he is a teen with angst. 

They are certainly dragging it out, and they are doing it because it generates buzz amongst the fan base.  Everyone is dying to know. 

Just don't be disappointed when he escapes alive but Carol kills him because he has a nasty cough.  :)

Speaking of Carol, she's a villain right?  You guys fought me on Rick but Carol is definitely insane. 

Carol is just keeping it real by being awesome.

Feel like that punk kid that asked Rick how to shoot is gonna kill someone....whether its Carl or Rick someone is gonna get it from him...maybe his mom? 

I could definitely see that happening.

Rick trains him to shoot, he uses that training and goes after Rick, Jesse steps in front of Rick and gets killed.

I think very logically so as much as i love this show i have an extremely difficult time looking past some of the ridiculousness.

I have no problem with the zombies i can loom past the problems with science when it comes to them but i struggle when it comes to the living members fight for survival.

Like why is it they all carry knives and always seem to engage walkers like greco roman wrestlers during every encounter.

No id have a staff with a pointy end like morgans and I'd stab them one at a time from a safe distance, yes that wouldn't be dramatic i understand that but my brain cant separate it.

And why just sit there waiting for the walkers to break through the wall while watching them, again a long wooden spear and just keep stabbing them from the top of the wall.

Even if it takes days eventually you'll get them all and even if you dont at least you've increased your chances.

Very hard time for me looking past that stuff.

Very hard time for me looking past that stuff.

Drives me nuts at times, I can understand it if it was just the sheltered life townfolk, but not for the experienced.

the enemy massed is a inviting target  :D

I think very logically so as much as i love this show i have an extremely difficult time looking past some of the ridiculousness.

Yeah but you have to otherwise the show is completely ruined. A walker should never be able to kill anyone.

In 5 seasons the only time I've seen somebody actually sprint was Rick running down the road a couple episodes ago. Even when runninng from walkers people just do the half-ass slow jog we all did during 8th grade PE class. Even that should be enough that a walker would never catch them and they could easily run around and through a group of them. If anybody actually ran, the walkers wouldn't be a threat at all.

Like in the episode Glenn died, before they hide in the pet store they look to the left and see like 8 walkers spread out on the street. They should easily be able to run through there and maneuver around that handful of walkers and keep it moving.

Same thing with weapons and protections. People go out in t shirts and shorts instead of wrapping themselves up in layers, duct tape or something that would be harder to bite through.

You just have to ignore it

I don't know if it's easy to run around zombies. The only thing they seem to do well is grab and hold on. If you tried to run or weave through many of them you'd end up dragging a few with you. Their skulls might be pudding soft but their hands seem to have a hell of a grip.

The other problem is that they follow and draw more. The show has been awful about developing this aspect. In World War Z (book, not the awful unrelated movie) any zombie that saw you did it's little zombie moan thing. That's would draw others who would in turn moan and draw more. That how the hordes form up. So you can exhaust yourself running to no where while a growing crowd of death shambles along in a widening line towards your general direction. If they find something they start calling out again and the horde collapses towards the tasty discovery.

I've just assumed that how these zombies do it. They hiss when they see people and the surrounding ones respond to that hiss as well.

They are certainly dragging it out, and they are doing it because it generates buzz amongst the fan base.  Everyone is dying to know. 

They're dragging it out to make us identify with Maggie.  She's pretty sure he's dead, but she is holding on to a glimmer of hope which she can't let go of until she sees it with her own eyes.  With the audience sharing her hopes and doubts and standing in her shoes, it will only further strengthen the emotional resonance of the scene when she finally sees him as a walker or a 3/4 eaten corpse in the finale.

We had the Carol fakeout death (T-Dog's death) in Season 3 that lasted a couple of episodes before Daryl found her.

You're right I forgot about that. Still, that wasn't a real fake out or similar to Glenn since she just disappeared, she didn't fall into a crowd of walkers and ambiguously scream in pain while guts are being ripped out what appears to be her body.

I don't know if it's easy to run around zombies. The only thing they seem to do well is grab and hold on. If you tried to run or weave through many of them you'd end up dragging a few with you. Their skulls might be pudding soft but their hands seem to have a hell of a grip.

I disagree but you bring up a another good point about their grip. No survivor should have loose clothes or long hair. Michonne, Carl, Dr Dre, Rosita, hell even Daryl...they are just giving walkers extra chances to grab them by their hair and pull to their death. Im surprised it's never popped up on this show yet

They actually brought this up in the Telltale TWD game when you have to cut Clementine's long hair because it's safer and more practical.

Anybody else feel like the airplane series is too short to be very interesting?

Yeah they are way too short. The last one was interesting but they should have made them at least 2 minutes long. Hopefully when they are finished they will show them as one episode. I like the idea of chaos on a plane so I want to see where it goes. Plus one of the charters becomes a regular on Fear.

Archived