Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Yeah but with Sophia the fans and the characters didn't know her fate when she went missing. At least with the barn scene the death was final and gave the fans immediate closure.

Agree, plus she wasn't a fan favorite main character that has been part of the show since the 3rd episode through 5 seasons

And I loved the way they handled her disappearance and ultimately her death

also, wasn't the budget for season 2 pretty crappy because they had no idea how successful season one would be and weren't even sure if there would be a season 2?  That's why they spent 80% of season 2 on the farm.  nice and cheap 

I gave up on trying be realistic after the writers said that everyone was infected, meaning you could start to turn without being bitten, yet dropped that whole idea after Shane turned. Wth, you cant just open that can of worms and then forget it? Im still bitter about that, its singeehandedly why i refuse to put TWD on the same level as GoT, The Wire, The sopranos etc.

When has this been abandoned? It's popped up in just about every season at least once.

Off the top of my head, The scientist that the governor stabbed and let bleed out who eventually turned and bit Angela in season 3.

Herschel was decapitated and his head later was shown as a walker in season 4 and Michonne stuck her sword in him. The governor turned too if I'm not mistaken after he was killed. Merle turned after the governor shot him.

Daryl and Carol stumbled onto that group that starved to death in their sleeping bags and turned last season. The rapist cop that Beth stabbed in the hospital also turned

A couple weeks ago Tara told the female replacement doctor to make sure her patient that died was stabbed in the head. Last night a woman slit her wrist in her house and Julia found her as a walker .

This has been ongoing throughout the series. Once Rick announced it at the end of season 2 to everyone, they have acted with the understanding that this is what happens.

When has this been abandoned? It's popped up in just about every season at least once.

Off the top of my head, The scientist that the governor stabbed and let bleed out who eventually turned and bit Angela in season 3.

Herschel was decapitated and his head later was shown as a walker in season 4 and Michonne stuck her sword in him. The governor turned too if I'm not mistaken after he was killed. Merle turned after the governor shot him.

Daryl and Carol stumbled onto that group that starved to death in their sleeping bags and turned last season. The rapist cop that Beth stabbed in the hospital also turned

A couple weeks ago Tara told the female replacement doctor to make sure her patient that died was stabbed in the head. Last night a woman slit her wrist in her house and Julia found her as a walker .

This has been ongoing throughout the series. Once Rick announced it at the end of season 2 to everyone, they have acted with the understanding that this is what happens.

My thoughts exactly.  Can you explain what you meant Koala?

also, wasn't the budget for season 2 pretty crappy because they had no idea how successful season one would be and weren't even sure if there would be a season 2? That's why they spent 80% of season 2 on the farm. nice and cheap

They didn't have anything to work with after they forced Frank Darabont out.

“…I was really given no choice. I don’t understand the thinking behind, ‘Oh, this is the most successful show in the history of basic cable. Let’s gut the budgets now.’ I never did understand that and I think they got tired of hearing me complain about it. It’s a little more complicated than that, but that’s as far as I want to go with it because otherwise it’s just provoking more controversy and that’s not really of interest to me. I just want to keep my head down and do my job and be allowed to do my job, that’s key, and continue to, hopefully, enjoy it and do good work.”

Yeah, but Koala seemed to be saying that they've contradicted themselves on whether people turn when they die.  I have no idea what that's about.

I thought he was saying the writers introduced the idea that people were slowly turning into walkers, without being bitten. But I dunno, I've been drinking...

I thought he was saying the writers introduced the idea that people were slowly turning into walkers, without being bitten. But I dunno, I've been drinking...

I've been drinking too. One bottle of tarantula azul tequila down and that still doesn't make sense. He must have been drinking when that was explained. It never said people were slowly turning into walkers and that had nothing to do with Shane who was stabbed to death and then turned.

But like I said, I've been drinking too so maybe we aren't on the same page.

I'm lost.

So Glenns death is being dragged on because there is no closure.

Closure would be seeing him as a walker or finding his remains.

It's been half a day and other then Rick no one else has come back yet.

Thus AMC is dragging it out?

Come on now Dave, It's been 2 episodes though and nothing but speculation. What other character has this happened for? Not to mention a main, fan favorite?

They just had to run the Morgan backstory immediately after Glenn's "death"

They are intentionally dragging it out

Come on now Dave, It's been 2 episodes though and nothing but speculation. What other character has this happened for? Not to mention a main, fan favorite?

They just had to run the Morgan backstory immediately after Glenn's "death"

They are intentionally dragging it out

Carol.

They are certainly dragging it out, and they are doing it because it generates buzz amongst the fan base.  Everyone is dying to know. 

Just don't be disappointed when he escapes alive but Carol kills him because he has a nasty cough.  :)

Speaking of Carol, she's a villain right?  You guys fought me on Rick but Carol is definitely insane. 

They are certainly dragging it out, and they are doing it because it generates buzz amongst the fan base. Everyone is dying to know.

Just don't be disappointed when he escapes alive but Carol kills him because he has a nasty cough. :)

Speaking of Carol, she's a villain right? You guys fought me on Rick but Carol is definitely insane.

Carols an OG. Her ruthlessness turns me on

Okay i might be mistaken, but i thought Shane started turning before he died, becuse anybody that had the virus could turn,even before they died. But since Shane, everybody how turned did so onlyvafter they died. Wasnt Shanes behaviorincreasingly erratic before Carl shot him? Indicating he had begun to turn? Or did i just misunderstand that entire episode?

I've been drinking too. One bottle of tarantula azul tequila down and that still doesn't make sense. He must have been drinking when that was explained. It never said people were slowly turning into walkers and that had nothing to do with Shane who was stabbed to death and then turned.

But like I said, I've been drinking too so maybe we aren't on the same page.

What? I thought Shane was shot by Carl. I wasnt drinking but back then i was binge watching twd on a mobile phone with a poor connection and no headphones, so its like i was drunk. Maybe i should go back and watch those spisodes properly cuz if shane was stabbed andd not shot then i wonder what else i missed or misunderstood.

Archived