Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Story telling requires slow parts to develop characters, create contrast, and make you care about the characters that they'll later put in peril. Learn to enjoy the slow and you'll get more out of the fast.

I don't mind slow episodes. Last week was exceptional. Some of the best WD episodes over the years have been slow.

I find episodes that almost entirely focus on 3rd tier characters boring.

I thought there was a ladder there leading to where Deanna's was supposed to be on watch. It would not shock me if she has killed him.

She wants to survive and she knows her son is a screw up that will keep stealing and getting drunk.

Nah man Deanna didn't kill her only living relative cause he's a loser and stole supplies.

Haha thats reaching. You dont have to reach that far to know Glenn is alive. Just the fact that they keep dragging this out is enough proof, not even GoT would drag out the suspense just to kill a major, beloved character.

Just a cheap tactic to keep the audience watching while the throw in some filler episodes cause they didnt really have enough material for a full season

Or he's dead and people need to just realize it and move on.

They wouldn't drag it out like this and then tell us he's dead.   The sewers probably play a part in his survival, along with a new character.  The mid-season finale will probably be him showing up at the gate and falling into Maggies arms...cue music & credits.  

What's being drug out? It's been what....12 hours or so since the season started?

Because he's the only major character from Ricks group that has "died" in the show and wasn't immediately confirmed to die and has had other characters in the show questioning and believing he is alive. The scene was also filmed to be intentionally vague and incite theories and debate, was accompanied by a letter from director in the post show etc...

No other death has been handled like this. It's completely dragged out. It makes no sense to handle it this way if he is actually dead.

It was just a cheap tactic used by the writers. I haven't been very happy with it and the fact that he's going to survive that fall and final shot of him laying down in a sea of walkers is a joke.

I thought the letter was implying the baby.

They seemed pretty clear last night on talking dead that he was gone.

Possible he was pissed at being killed and refused to go on the talking dead?

To me, I don't think they've ever been clear on TD that he was gone. The host perpetuates the idea that he might still be alive by always saying "if he is dead" and stuff to that effect.

Though I never thought about the letter referring to baby Glenn. I like that idea.

Regardless, this is a poor way to handle the death of a major character. It should be definite and have the appropriate mourning. Not just some confirmation later when somebody stumbles upon his clothes or his walker body stumbling around.

And if he's alive...well, just hell

Was I the only one thinking that Deanna was going to open the gate and let the walkers in at the end of that episode?

yep. 

i guess, between the Wolves attack and the herd outside the walls, that was her first time seeing the world outside them walls.  Add that to realizing that your son is a hypocritical jerk and I guess she's gone into a zombie-like state of sadness/depression/shock

All this talk about Wolves (the gang) has made me wonder where the animals are.  You'd think carrion birds would be thriving.  Did the plague kill off the animals?  Anything that can eat decaying flesh and is quick, would be fat and happy. I'm assuming they are just avoiding that whole area of thinking though because if you went down that path all of these zombies would be devoured by bugs by now. 

All this talk about Wolves (the gang) has made me wonder where the animals are.  You'd think carrion birds would be thriving.  Did the plague kill off the animals?  Anything that can eat decaying flesh and is quick, would be fat and happy. I'm assuming they are just avoiding that whole area of thinking though because if you went down that path all of these zombies would be devoured by bugs by now. 

All the depleted fish stocks would be coming back strong so there would be plenty of food to be had. No more dead deer on the side of the road or hunters shooting small bucks so those populations would explode cause they would almost never be caught by zombies unless it's a massive herd. Move out west to where the buffalo roam and that's some good eating

I think it's the kind of thing you just have to accept that you can't think too hard about.

This kind of zombie (caused by a virus as opposed to magically animated like a fantasy zombie) couldn't really continue to do anything once the musculature started to rot away anyway.  If the idea is that this virus has hijacked the brain at or right after the time of death, then it should still be using the body's own systems to move.  There's no logic in a mostly rotted zombie being able to move or bite at all if the nerves and muscles are halfway to slime.

There has been a character's death dragged out like this. Sophia.

Yeah but with Sophia the fans and the characters didn't know her fate when she went missing. At least with the barn scene the death was final and gave the fans immediate closure.

Yeah but with Sophia the fans and the characters didn't know her fate when she went missing. At least with the barn scene the death was final and gave the fans immediate closure.

Same could happen with Glenn. We were given closure to Sophia after like 5 or 6 eps it seemed. Not quite immediate.

All this talk about Wolves (the gang) has made me wonder where the animals are. You'd think carrion birds would be thriving. Did the plague kill off the animals? Anything that can eat decaying flesh and is quick, would be fat and happy. I'm assuming they are just avoiding that whole area of thinking though because if you went down that path all of these zombies would be devoured by bugs by now.

Dont overthink TWD. The very premise of it defies all logic. The very name if it is an oxymoron, you cannot walk if you are dead, your muscles need a brain to command and coordinate muscles, which needs a resporitory system to deliver oxygen which needs a circulatory system, which itself needs nutrients, which means a digestive tract (really why do walkers need to eat flesh if their guts are ripped out anyway) -- which means, by definition, you are alive. The halfhassed scientific explanations stopped after season two, when they realized that anyone with a vague understanding of anatomy or biology was laughing at them uncontrollably. IMO the show became much more watchable when they gave up on making it believable from a logical/scientific prespective.

I gave up on trying be realistic after the writers said that everyone was infected, meaning you could start to turn without being bitten, yet dropped that whole idea after Shane turned. Wth, you cant just open that can of worms and then forget it? Im still bitter about that, its singeehandedly why i refuse to put TWD on the same level as GoT, The Wire, The sopranos etc.

Back to the Glenn debate, I just dont think the writers have the balls to kill off the last good guy major character now thar Rick has descended into the moral grayzone. Maybe thats why morgan has beeen reintroduced, but color me skeptical, no show has ever had a black guy as the only voice of conscience, and black guys never last that long on shows anyway. **runs away from thread**

Archived