Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I coin the nickname "Stankerson?" (edit-Just a joke. Relax.)

Chachie

I'm frustrated by Hankerson too, but let's not cut him. Realize he's a low risk player with upside. We only spent a 3rd round draft pick, and $2.7 million over 4 a year contract on him.

At this point, I think Aldrick Robinson is more likely to become a stud than Hankerson is, but still let's not call someone a bust who was never all that hyped; and let's not give up on the upside of a player who doesn't cost us that much in the first place.

I am hardly know for being a reactionary or rushing to judgment, but I am quite close to a call I really would not have predicted I'd make...and it's that Hank is a bust. This simply is from watching him play in games---I don't know what the stats say.

I'm frustrated by Hankerson too, but let's not cut him. Realize he's a low risk player with upside. We only spent a 3rd round draft pick, and $2.7 million over 4 a year contract on him.

At this point, I think Aldrick Robinson is more likely to become a stud than Hankerson is, but still let's not call someone a bust who was never all that hyped; and let's not give up on the upside of a player who doesn't cost us that much in the first place.

I would love to see Robinson get more playing time. He does have great speed and can blow the top off defenses. He can be a big player in this offense and should get the nod over Hankerson imo.I'd also like to see what Briscoe can do with consistent playing time. I'd go Morgan, Robinson, Briscoe and Moss/Hank can switch in at the 4 spot next week.

I would love to see Robinson get more playing time. He does have great speed and can blow the top off defenses. He can be a big player in this offense and should get the nod over Hankerson imo.I'd also like to see what Briscoe can do with consistent playing time. I'd go Morgan, Robinson, Briscoe and Moss/Hank can switch in at the 4 spot next week.

all Briscoe has done is drop passes...

You would think after being cut last year despite 6 tds, he'd play with some damn heart

I understand it might look that way, but he is not happy where he is and has a craptastic QB throwing him the ball.

How productive can you be with Quinn and Cassel as your throwers?

This guy fights hard to make tough catches, runs great routes, and makes acrobatic circus catches look routine. Definitely a huge upgrade for the Skins. Sure he wants to be paid, he's the best player on the KC team right now.

I have a good buddy who is a lifelong die hard Chiefs fan and he has been hoping they ship Bowe out for a long time so a lot of my opinion on him comes from that. He makes acrobatic catches and drops the easy ones. He would look better in our offense though with RG3 but still I don't think he is worth the money.

all Briscoe has done is drop passes...

You would think after being cut last year despite 6 tds, he'd play with some damn heart

He has had 2 drops and 1 what 15 yard catch or so all season? To be fair, it can be difficult to come into the game ice cold and be ready. Thats why I think with more playing time he could be a good player and show that.

I am hardly know for being a reactionary or rushing to judgment, but I am quite close to a call I really would not have predicted I'd make...and it's that Hank is a bust. This simply is from watching him play in games---I don't know what the stats say.

Jumbo, perhaps I'm just basing this off blind faith but I'm not ready to call Hank a bust just yet.

For all intents and purposes he's still a rookie.

I'm certainly not saying to cut Hankerson. Just saying that I'm not really going to get my hopes up anymore for him to become a really good WR. He just can't seem to get over his inconsistency problem. I hoped it was something he could just unlearn and fix but I don't even know anymore. That surefire TD drop that he had today was a textbook case of not watching the ball into your hands; that is stuff that kids get drilled into them when first learning to play the position, and Hankerson still gets it wrong and can't seem to stop. He had the same problem in college. He did eventually get better but still had drops...then he gets to the pros and it seems it starts all over again. Just very frustrating.

Jumbo, perhaps I'm just basing this off blind faith but I'm not ready to call Hank a bust just yet.

For all intents and purposes he's still a rookie.

I'm not either, yet. Just getting close as I said. And I'm hoping some of that is more general frustration over receiving corps miscues during the season (and today obviously didn't help), though I usually am not too susceptible to letting that kind of thing color my evaluations.

Hankerson's stats are okay, and I've always looked to those, but you have a point. He just does not look natural at WR. He looks jerky and mechanical. There's no fluidity in his routes or with the ball in his hands. Bad hands despite having huge mitts. He just doesn't beat his man. Usually he gets catches because the route gets him open and RGIII makes a great throw.

I'm really hoping he has ADD or something. Adam LaRoche was really bad before he started taking Ritalin, and even though it's a different sport, some of his issues sound like the issues Hankerson has.

I don't know about calling a 4th round pick a bust but I def think he won't ever be anything better than a journeyman

Yeah I generally reserve the "bust" label for a high round guy that a team invests a lot in. Unless Hank improves on his weaknesses (which is still possible) then I would just call him a draft pick that didn't live up to hopes.

I don't know about calling a 4th round pick a bust but I def think he won't ever be anything better than a journeyman

A fair point, and I was referring to what a stellar career he had at a premier college program, well known for great receivers. I take responsibility for my perhaps inflated expectations on that angle.

Amazing how long you guys hold out hope on some players.

I swear that if some of you guys ran the team we'd still have Jason Campbell and Rod Gardener on the roster.

Yeah and if some other of you guys ran the team, we'd have no one left on the team

What I see is a guy who lacks elite explosiveness or suddenness but that's okay he has top end speed can jump and get the ball and has HUGE HANDS. BUT He also plays with a timid demeanor on the field (which is weird because he is from the U and most of the guys coming out of there are borderline ****y).and has inconsistent hands. That has to change or he won't be a major contributor in the future.

Archived