Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I coin the nickname "Stankerson?" (edit-Just a joke. Relax.)

Chachie

ATTENTION: Andre Johnson just dropped a pass from Matt Schaub. We must coin the nickname "Dropson" now

He really did. Ran a deep crossing route, looked upfield early, and let the ball get into his body.

Now you are being foolish. Andre Johnson has proven himself to the point you can overlook a couple drops. We are talking about a raw talent like Leonard Hankerson that has a reputation for drops. We are also talking about WRs are outperforming him right now. It don't even matter anymore. Sometime in the next 2 years we are going to bring in a big name WR through free agency and use oen fo our top 50 picks on a WR. By then Hankerson will be old news and everyone will be on the new guy nuts...

Now you are being foolish. Andre Johnson has proven himself to the point you can overlook a couple drops. We are talking about a raw talent like Leonard Hankerson that has a reputation for drops. We are also talking about WRs are outperforming him right now. It don't even matter anymore. Sometime in the next 2 years we are going to bring in a big name WR through free agency and use oen fo our top 50 picks on a WR. By then Hankerson will be old news and everyone will be on the new guy nuts...

Maybe, maybe not. Remember Terell Owens started out the same way untill he had a breakout game against GB

.The only difference may be that the 49ers allowed TO to play,Let's hope that Hankerson will see the field and get a chance to prove himself! Cuz the Kid looks nice in his route running and out in open space.

Hank is learning man. WRs dont usually blow up in year 1. His drops seem more of a concentration thing more than anything else. He is looking to make moves before he secures the catch. He had some nice catches tonight and has a world of talent. Wrs drop passes from time to time. Look at Roddy White when Vick was there. Roddy was a bum who didnt blossom until Matt Ryan was drafted. Labeling and callin Hank names at this point is foolish.

Exactly he turns his head right before he secures it. He might need ritalin. It looks like he's got ADD....

I think he will improve big time. He looked better in game two. Dropping the first pass would've ruined more than a few players after last week and he shook it off.

Just keep your eyes on the ball. You will get hit anyway..... and work on delivering a blow occassionaly when run blocking.

lol. Really?

I know sports fans have an uncanny knack for thinking they see the future or know it all, but I really need to buy some of these crystal balls I keep seeing around here, because I never go a minute without hearing a fan of some team who thinks they know exactly whats happening in the future.

Hankerson will be great receiver for us. We will Seriously regret it if we cut him. He'll come back years from now and own us for it. Mark my words. It sure as hell wouldn't be the first time that happened to us.

Even under Cerratto, there really aren't any draft picks that have left and stuck it to us. The ones that we released or traded are either out of the NFL or aren't doing much for their new team.

Now, there are players we let go that weren't drafted by us (such as Brandon Lloyd, Ryan Clark, and Antonio Pierce) that have gone on to other teams and performed well... but from what I can remember, only Pierce really stuck it to us.

So the original post is irrelevant and can be discounted? Great, glad we settled that.

You really need to wait more than one pre-season game before calling a rookie out.

There are numerous posts explaining the thread and even the original post has a disclaimer about a mental block. Just make a habit of doing your research before mouthing off. KthxBye.

Hankerson will be great receiver for us. We will Seriously regret it if we cut him. He'll come back years from now and own us for it. Mark my words. It sure as hell wouldn't be the first time that happened to us.

Hankerson may very well turn into a stud, but if doesn't cut the mustard in a year where we actually have camp competition so be it.

Whenever I see 'mark my words' on an internet forum I start to laugh.

There are numerous posts explaining the thread and even the original post has a disclaimer about a mental block. Just make a habit of doing your research before mouthing off. KthxBye.

Sorry dude, the original post is the only one that mattered. Take your own advice and do your research before starting a thread that apparently required a whole lot of apologies, disclaimers, and pleas for people to read an entire thread. Lesson learned for you is to think before you speak. Well, hopefully the lesson was learned.

Make a habit of understanding that people don't read through entire threads. 9,000+ posts and you apparently haven't grasped that yet. KthxHello.

Sorry dude, the original post is the only one that mattered. Take your own advice and do your research before starting a thread that apparently required a whole lot of apologies, disclaimers, and pleas for people to read an entire thread. Lesson learned for you is to think before you speak. Well, hopefully the lesson was learned.

Make a habit of understanding that people don't read through entire threads. 9,000+ posts and you apparently haven't grasped that yet. KthxHello.

My research includes the reason Leonard dropped (operative word here) to the 3rd round of the draft. My research includes the dropped balls in camp. My research includes the dropped balls in his only 2 NFL appearances. All those dropped balls make this thread handily justifiable. Your research includes reading the first post. You're quite the scholar there.

I happen to think Hankerson will do just fine for the Redskins (and even the tone of my first post indicates that) but let's not pretend the guy doesn't have an issue catching footballs, which is why he's employed for now. You cannot deny these facts. So even though I'm just making a joke when I say "Stankerson," the guy will have to make some major improvements before he gets on the field in DC. So the lesson learned for you is that other people besides you are allowed to post their thoughts here and they aren't invalid just because you knee-jerked yourself into a vitriolic frenzy at the thought of a draft pick dropping footballs in college, training camp, and preseason games. K. Thx. Bye.

My research includes the reason Leonard dropped (operative word here) to the 3rd round of the draft. My research includes the dropped balls in camp. My research includes the dropped balls in his only 2 NFL appearances. All those dropped balls make this thread handily justifiable. Your research includes reading the first post. You're quite the scholar there.

I happen to think Hankerson will do just fine for the Redskins (and even the tone of my first post indicates that) but let's not pretend the guy doesn't have an issue catching footballs, which is why he's employed for now. You cannot deny these facts. So even though I'm just making a joke when I say "Stankerson," the guy will have to make some major improvements before he gets on the field in DC. So the lesson learned for you is that other people besides you are allowed to post their thoughts here and they aren't invalid just because you knee-jerked yourself into a vitriolic frenzy at the thought of a draft pick dropping footballs in college, training camp, and preseason games. K. Thx. Bye.

Why do you continue to care what I think?

[/color]

Threads like this are why we can never cultivate young players consistently, we give them no room to grow.

Thankfully Shanahan/Allen don't have the ES fan mentality or everyone on the team would be a 32+ year old geriatric.

Man if Shanahan/Allen had the ES mentality then the entire team would be half filled by the latest UDFA man crushes and the rest would be veterans who yo-yo on and off the team/pro-bowl roster/being tarred and feathered/shot into the sun

Archived