Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I coin the nickname "Stankerson?" (edit-Just a joke. Relax.)

Chachie

Kelly isn't going to IR this year, he will be cut.

Even if he does go to IR, one way or another he won't count towards our roster.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 10:08 AM ----------

Made on nice catch on a crossing route I can recall and looked pretty good. He is a bigger guy than I was expecting as well.

That;s the one I saw... looks bigger than I thought he would...

At this point the Lions are better than the Skins.

And, due to the lack of perfection over the past decade I imagine we should make our demands more clear.

I don't know how you missed the sarcasm in my statement. Maybe we need a "sarcasm smiley". But even if you took me seriously, you missed the whole point. The Lions are pretty good "at this point" because they built their team largely through the draft, patiently, over several seasons, and have groomed their players.

I hope people understand that it normally takes at least 3 years for young WR's to come into their own. It's not like a RB where they come in strong out of the gate. Many look like busts early on and then they figure it out. I think the raw ability is There with Hankerson. Dude is absolutely huge for a WR--big and strong--has giant hands, and has speed. Here just needs to have his ability molded into a finished product. I'm actually excited about him and I have faith in the coaching on this team now.

Didn't Hankerson have these type of problems at the beginning of college? I think he was able to work it out and limit the problems by working on it. I would expect that the transition from college to the NFL may have caused him to regress, but there is hope that he would be able to work his way out of it similar to the way that he did it in college.

in other news Austin is a stud. I wouldnt be suprised if he ends up being a start. Its his 2nd year and hes gonna make a leap.

I agree with this, and your sig.

To me,he is Hanky, until he stops playing like pooh and starts catching the ball.

I think he looked nervous. Nervous is good. It means he really cares. I think (hope) he'll be fine. He won't be the first superstar (:fingersx:) to hit a few speed bumps on the way to all-pro-dom. Can I get a HAIL YEAH?

What a moronic thread.

Let's see,

A rookie who is playing a position that takes time to learn for most players-Check

A rookie who has had basically NO offseason to learn the playbook, meet the caches, work on timing with QBs-Check

The same rookie struggles in game 1 of the pre-season and some moronic internet know-it-alls bash the kid-Check

Seriously guys, lighten up. He was being praised a week ago, some of you still think the friggin Comb is gonna be a good Wr but you're ready to give up on Hank? LOLOLOLOL

The guy looked like a 3rd round WR thats only been a professional for 11 days. Hopefully our WR coach can build up his confidence, our maybe D.Hall can give him some swag. While the drops were discouraging, he did provide a big target for the QB and he created seperation.

Actually he looked more like an UDFA. His size is the only impressive thing about him right now. Otherwise he looked sluggish, he ran stiff routes and of course the drops. There were threads on this guy calling him a steal in the 3rd rd. Hopefully it's just nerves.

What a moronic thread.

Let's see,

A rookie who is playing a position that takes time to learn for most players-Check

A rookie who has had basically NO offseason to learn the playbook, meet the caches, work on timing with QBs-Check

The same rookie struggles in game 1 of the pre-season and some moronic internet know-it-alls bash the kid-Check

Seriously guys, lighten up. He was being praised a week ago, some of you still think the friggin Comb is gonna be a good Wr but you're ready to give up on Hank? LOLOLOLOL

exactly. these are probably the same people who were calling for Banks to get cut. This is ridiculous. They act like LH is gonna step out there and automatically be Jerry Rice! Like give the kid some time. Just rookie nerves, that's all.

What a moronic thread.

Let's see,

THANK YOU!!!! Rookie wide receivers RARELY produce in their first season. Throw in this crazy offseason and our expectations should be low. Patience....

By bringing in the vets i think the goal was to develop the rookies slowly and bring have them become contributors as the season progresses. This thread is laughable considering Hank has had 2 weeks of practice and was playing in his first game.

In terms of keeping receivers, I think the vets looked good, but it would be a huge mistake to keep all the vets and try to sneak the young guys to the PS. Keeping Moss, Gaffney, Stallworth, and Armstrong at the expense of a Paul or Austin doesn't make sense. I liked what Stallworth showed but long-term how does it help us to keep another 30yr old wideout? Do we really want out top 4 wrs to be Moss (32), Gaffney (30), Stallworth (30), and Armstrong (28)?

In regards to Austin in particular, I think he can be a great slot guy and has very good hands. I like Moss but part of the reason I wouldn't have been upset to see him go was that I thought Austin could slide into that role.

He probably didn't make a good first impression on a lot of the fans who haven't kept up with training camp footage, tweets, etc. but c'mon... LOL

Only on ES does this thread happen. Dude plays with the 3rd string, and gets 3 balls passed to him and he already is labeled a stinker? ROFL this thread is comedy.

Let the kid work people, I think Dallas got lucky with the production of Dez Bryant, which is pretty rare so you guys needs to relax a bit

They should find a way to stash him on IR because he's not going to be ready for games and he wont last on the PS. Paul looks ready to go for spot duty and teams.

Players on IR can't practice. After ONE preseason game are you actually suggesting putting a receiver with that much talent on IR in a developmental season? So lets say we're not in playoff contention with 6 weeks to go or so...at that point we wouldn't be able to even work him into the lineup & get him experience if they went with your suggestion of putting him on IR. Ridiculous!!!!

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 07:54 PM ----------

People here are getting totally ahead of themselves. Did we move the ball yesterday? yes. Did we put up points? NO. Gaffney & moss are possession guys. Armstrong is a deep threat but he's not a redzone guy. Stallworth played ok, but he's a vet going up against 3rd string guys. Lets give our young guys a chance, especially big physical wideouts who can actually help us put up points when we do get down to the redzone!

Players on IR can't practice. After ONE preseason game are you actually suggesting putting a receiver with that much talent on IR in a developmental season? So lets say we're not in playoff contention with 6 weeks to go or so...at that point we wouldn't be able to even work him into the lineup & get him experience if they went with your suggestion of putting him on IR. Ridiculous!!!!

If he has a couple more games like last night and the other WR's (Niles Paul especially) show, would you use a roster spot on him just because of the higher sunk cost? It's not a decision I'd like to have to make, but it wouldn't be a hard decision if he wasn't dropping everything in sight so far. A couple good games could turn this around -- it's early. I hope he turns it on.

Archived