Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I coin the nickname "Stankerson?" (edit-Just a joke. Relax.)

Chachie

I think Hankerson will be fine....you wait till Kyle and Coach watch the game film with him. I'd say next game he will be a lot less lazy in his route running. If you watched he was playing not to make mistakes instead of knowing the playbook and playing with confidence....I think we will see a huge jump in this play in a short amount of time.

Trevor Matich from Comcast who watches him in practice was tough on him BEFORE the game, said he was unimpressed from the stand point that his intensity in practice is inconsistent and doesn't have a sense of urgency about how he goes about his business.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 08:00 AM ----------

--

Hankerson

First impression

Looks like Tarzan

Plays like Jane.

I'd agree with that. The guy that seems to get rave reviews for practice from multiple sources is Niles Paul. He made a real nice catch. Similar physique to Hankerson, too.

The guy looked like a 3rd round WR thats only been a professional for 11 days. Hopefully our WR coach can build up his confidence, our maybe D.Hall can give him some swag. While the drops were discouraging, he did provide a big target for the QB and he created seperation.

That's at least promising. He should pass Malcolm Kelly in career receptions this season.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 08:20 AM ----------

Dude got the biggest hands in the NFL but can't catch....

At least the NFL draft, out of the WRs...

So he went from stud to dud in the eyes of Redskins fans in about 15 minutes of preseason action?

Pretty typical with a lot of fans. Immediate gratification.

It was his first NFL action people, after a lockout. Give the guy some time, he'll be fine.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 08:55 AM ----------

NEXT SEASON?! Who are we, the Lions? Redskins fans demand perfection NOW!

At this point the Lions are better than the Skins.

And, due to the lack of perfection over the past decade I imagine we should make our demands more clear.

Pretty typical with a lot of fans. Immediate gratification.

It was his first NFL action people, after a lockout. Give the guy some time, he'll be fine.

Probos- I'm almost as old as you :) and I've been watching Redskin football since 1970. I'm definitely not expecting immediate gratification from the Redskins (or Leonard Hankerson) after having seen as many preseasons as you and I have. I already provided a disclaimer for the thread back on page 1 or 2 but I'll rehash for those members whom I believe read the title and not the thread.

I was focusing on the convenience and the (admittedly sophomoric) comedic value of the "Stankerson" cheap shot. I even made sure to mention that I thought this was a mental block for him to temper the delivery of the original post.

However- For all of you who want to blow off his poor performance altogether, I would suggest to you that this was not the first day he ever dropped passes. He had a rep in college, he's been hammy-handed in training camp, and he truly blew his debut last night. It's a pattern, not an anomaly. I'm not making a huge deal out of it but let's not pretend they guy doesn't have an issue.

Probos- I'm almost as old as you :) and I've been watching Redskin football since 1970. I'm definitely not expecting immediate gratification from the Redskins (or Leonard Hankerson) after having seen as many preseasons as you and I have. I already provided a disclaimer for the thread back on page 1 or 2 but I'll rehash for those members whom I believe read the title and not the thread.

I was focusing on the convenience and the (admittedly sophomoric) comedic value of the "Stankerson" cheap shot. I even made sure to mention that I thought this was a mental block for him to temper the delivery of the original post.

However- For all of you who want to blow off his poor performance altogether, I would suggest to you that this was not the first day he ever dropped passes. He had a rep in college, he's been hammy-handed in training camp, and he truly blew his debut last night. It's a pattern, not an anomaly. I'm not making a huge deal out of it but let's not pretend they guy doesn't have an issue.

Perhaps they need to be harder on him, to give him a sense of urgency.

To no one in particluar,

Drops are gonna happen. His performance last night is magnified simply because it was his first time in action for us. To be concerned and look/hope for things to improve to improve is fine. To declare him a failure is not. It may take more than one season for him to get it all together. It doesn't make him a failure and we should be prepared for that.

Let's let the sample size grow and see how things work out.

We can't expect him to catch a pass when he's open and no one touched him?

Then maybe he shouldn't be on the field?

Basically, you don't make sense.

Yet you want to give up on him after his first preseason game, and announce that he can't make plays. You make absolutely no sense. I don't know maybe wait till at least the end of preseason, there's been plenty if recievers who looked bad their first couple games, hell even whole seasons, that have gone on to good careers. Get a hold of your self and temper your expectations just a little bit. Those drops can be fixed once he is more comfortable and is not out their thinking, but just making plays.

Archived