Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I coin the nickname "Stankerson?" (edit-Just a joke. Relax.)

Chachie

Wasted draft pick. Sad.

Let's not get crazy.....anyone ousting Irvin's records at the U doesn't suck. He had a bad drop but came back with good catches with hands off the body....he's a rook and a 3rd rounder....given time he will compete well. Austin looks nice!!

Let's not get crazy.....anyone ousting Irvin's records at the U doesn't suck. He had a bad drop but came back with good catches with hands off the body....he's a rook and a 3rd rounder....given time he will compete well. Austin looks nice!!

Route running, learning how to block, speed of game....I understand needing to get up to speed in the NFL. But you are a WR..a PRO WR...you should be able to catch. You were drafted to CATCH not have the biggest hands on the team. LOL

I mean Freddie Barnes has the record for most receptions in a single season at Bowling Green yet he is playing in the CFL right now after being cut from his AFL team. Hankerson had 13 touchdowns at Miami, but what does that have to do with what he is going to do in the NFL.

Route running, learning how to block, speed of game....I understand needing to get up to speed in the NFL. But you are a WR..a PRO WR...you should be able to catch. You were drafted to CATCH not have the biggest hands on the team. LOL

Good route runner, great blocker, seems to be up to speed in the game. Every receiver drops a ball from time to time. Hell, DeSean Jackson had the highest drop rate last year, I guess he's not any good...

He more than made up for it later in the game. Calm yourself.

Good route runner, great blocker, seems to be up to speed in the game. Every receiver drops a ball from time to time. Hell, DeSean Jackson had the highest drop rate last year, I guess he's not any good...

He more than made up for it later in the game. Calm yourself.

I didnt know I was excited ;) So..you tell me. Is he here three years from now? Two? There is some talent around him. Im thinking he may not make it that long. Although Kelly has stuck around and not even played...so I guess he has a shot.

---------- Post added August-19th-2011 at 10:36 PM ----------

Oh..and BTW..I hope Im soooo wrong. Love to see that big body catching the ball in the red zone.

If he averages 15 ypc, I'll look past the occasional drop. 15 ypc is right around Calvin/Andre Johnson average.

I didnt know I was excited ;) So..you tell me. Is he here three years from now? Two? There is some talent around him. Im thinking he may not make it that long. Although Kelly has stuck around and not even played...so I guess he has a shot.

Three years from now he's our number 1 and among the league's best receivers. You heard it here first.

If he averages 15 ypc, I'll look past the occasional drop. 15 ypc is right around Calvin/Andre Johnson average.

Three years from now he's our number 1 and among the league's best receivers. You heard it here first.

Sweet. LOL GO BIG OR GO HOME! LOL

Hank is learning man. WRs dont usually blow up in year 1. His drops seem more of a concentration thing more than anything else. He is looking to make moves before he secures the catch. He had some nice catches tonight and has a world of talent. Wrs drop passes from time to time. Look at Roddy White when Vick was there. Roddy was a bum who didnt blossom until Matt Ryan was drafted. Labeling and callin Hank names at this point is foolish.

Roddy White, T.O. Brandon Lloyd, Dwayne Bowe etc. all had trouble with drops, and they're doing pretty good for themselves. Seriously, Banks fumbled quite a few times last year, I don't hear a chorus of people calling him a bum. Let the guy learn and show some things before you start labeling guys. Doing that garbage is how fanbases get labeled with negative things.

Hankerson has shown a knack already for being able to find holes and get open, which is really one of the more difficult aspects of being a WR. Concentration and learning to keep your eye on the ball is more easily fixed than telling a WR how to better get open and separation from the defender. In time he'll run his routes smoother and his hands will probably get more reliable, no need to say his some wasted draft pick.

He's young and I noticed him making the same rookie mistake many new NFL WRs do, which is that they take their eyes of the ball too soon in order to scan the field for defenders and determine their next move. Hankerson did exactly that tonite on his bad drop. I would imagine it occurs as a result of the WRs adjusting to the faster speed of the NFL.

I really liked his 2 catches over the middle because of the separation he created early in the route.

Archived