Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I coin the nickname "Stankerson?" (edit-Just a joke. Relax.)

Chachie

Give him a break, but he does seem to be the only Redskin having a stinker of a night... well, other than that kicker :doh:

Hankerson hopefully can get it together. And yes, how can a man with hands that big have so many dropsies. It should be like catching a nerf ball to him.

in other news Austin is a stud. I wouldnt be suprised if he ends up being a start. Its his 2nd year and hes gonna make a leap.

I suspect that as we move through the preseason, Stallworth will lock up the 4th spot with AA, Jabar, and Santana being the main three. Austin will take 5th unless Stank starts catching some balls. However, I'm not so sure Stank will shake this.

I really hope Hankerson can get it together. The Dude seems to have all the physical tools you can have, size, speed, strength....but it is all worthless if you can't catch. If Hankerson catches that pass from Clemens, he is in stride in open space and could have possibly took it to the house. Those kind of drops lose games, especially for a team like the 'Skins who seem to get into a lot of close games.

Man I really want to see him succeed. I became familiar with him around this time last season just from being a draft nerd and I made sure to keep an eye on him every time Miami was on tv here (all the time), and I remember really liking him. I hope this is just an aberration. :fingersx:

So he went from stud to dud in the eyes of Redskins fans in about 15 minutes of preseason action?

I started the thread in jest because I couldn't resist the comedic value of the rhyme. Low brow, but c'mon. Not bad. :)

Beyond that I have been very excited to have gotten him. Great athleticism, great pedigree. I'm just shocked that his ball-dropping reputation is on display so prominently. He's clearly rattled. Not good, no matter how early it is. In fact, if he weren't doing it a lot in practice I'd be ignoring this night altogether... but he's been doing it in practice... a lot.

It wasn't just the drop. Stiff route running. Rookie has a lot to work on

Yes, that turnaround at the 5 yard line was lazy even for a rook. The reach for the ball was just as bad.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 10:29 PM ----------

Wow, can't give a rookie WR a chance to learn and develop?

No. That was it. That's all he gets. ;)

He was a 3rd round pick. He needs to work out and not be a bust. He will make the team I think -- possible that he just thought he could come in here and cruise. He's wrong.

That does not sound like is MO. I think he was just nervous and he will work it out, he did it before, he'll do it again.

If he could not catch in college, can't catch during in training camp then he is not going to catch throughout his whole career. Look at Braylon Edwards....I would like to say give the guy some time, but I don't think we have a WIDE RECEIVER roster spot open for a rookie that has struggled so far. If we cut him and keep Paul, Austin, and Stallworth then I would be fine with that. If its a must we keep him then trade Cooley for a draft pick and let him be the last WR on the depth chart and emergency #3 TE...

Archived