Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can I coin the nickname "Stankerson?" (edit-Just a joke. Relax.)

Chachie

Well we have to keep 6 receivers. Putting on my coaching hat here is my 6.

1. Santana Moss

2. Jabar Gaffney

3. Anthony Armstrong

4. Terrance Austin

5. Brandon Banks

6. Leonard Stankerson (gotta give this guy a better chance.)

Gotta say goodbye to Malcom. Fact is he cant stay healthy. Stallworth looked nice but would rather have the youth in Austin and the PR and KR ability of Banks.

Stash Niles Paul on the practice squad.

I'd say Stallworth and Moss are your 2 best WR's at this point. Still got 3 pre-season games though

:doh:

I remember when I used to post without reading first.

I don't think people get that the OP started this thread as a joke. Had me laughing.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 10:14 PM ----------

Bill Belichick, but let's leave him out of this.

Hail.

I see what you did there. very clever

I know how everyone here loves nicknames :drooley:, so I thought I would try and nickname all the WRs. The last two, they need to earn their preseason nicknames.

Austin Powers

Paul Maul

Stretch Armstrong

Cowboy Killa

Donte Inferno

Leonard Skinyrd

Jabarbarian

Bankshot, or Take it to the Banks

Mr. Glass

Aldrick Robinson

Isaac Anderson

I do like stankypants though. That's funny! Is it Friday yet?

1. Santana Moss

2. Jabar Gaffney

3. Anthony Armstrong

4. Terrance Austin

5. Brandon Banks

Gotta say goodbye to Malcom. Fact is he cant stay healthy. Stallworth looked nice but would rather have the youth in Austin and the PR and KR ability of Banks.

Sorry but not as simple as stashing Paul on PS. Has to clear waivers and I would think we would have learned after we tried to stash Antonio Dixon and kept an older vet in his place. The Eagles pounced on our mistake and signed him to their active roster and he went on to move into their starting lineup. I'm hoping mgmt has learned from past mistakes because some of the fans here certainly haven't. But hey, when we lose everyone likes to jump on that build through the draft bandwagon....

Stallworth, he's a 9 yr vet going against 3rd string corners and camp fodder. I'm shocked people are sweating him that much....

Right now, I'm assuming that Gaffney, Moss, and Armstrong are locks. Hankerson will be, too, is my assumption due to draft position.

That leaves us with:

Kelly, Austin, Banks, Stallworth, Paul and Robinson.

Of those six, to be quite honest, I think Banks is a keeper if he keeps returning the way he did, but he's an injury risk so I also think you need to hold on to Austin. He's a young player who the Redskins have developed.

That leaves both rookies, Stallworth and Kelly out.

Stallworth is good, for sure, but I'm not sure he makes the team over guys we just drafted. I would actually say that I prefer Paul over Hankerson at the moment (not because of the drops, but because of how stiff he looked. I don't remember him being that stiff at Miami). But if Hankerson was drafted as a project, if we try to practice squad him, he's going to get picked up.

Now, I said I'd keep Banks and Austin (as of today), however, it's really a four way race in my opinion between those two, Paul and Robinson.

1. Santana Moss

2. Jabar Gaffney

3. Anthony Armstrong

4. Terrance Austin

5. Brandon Banks

I honestly cannot see us putting Niles Paul to the PS. I see him replacing banks on the WR 6. Do I think we cut Banks? No, but I do see us possibly keeping more than 6. And can we please stop saying Stankerson? It was one preseason game! I do agree with us cutting Kelly though.

It was a bad game for him but people are over reacting a bit. He had one bad route and one pure drop. Route running is going to be an issue for almost any rookie.

He was thrown at 4 times in the game.

First - 2nd play of the 2nd half. Deep out. Really poor throw by Clemens. Was nowhere near Hankerson.

Second - Redzone, ran a bad route, ball was thrown in the opposite direction of his momentum.

Third - Hit him right in the hands on a deep cross and he just flat out let it slip through his hands and to his body.

Forth - Catch. Took a hit and held on.

He also looked a little lost in blocking. Running down the field and not really hitting anyone.

He has a lot to work on but I've seen blogs and posters on message boards say he had multiple drops. He had one drop, a really bad one. But one drop.

What's the deal with people not thinking Paul is safe on the practice squad? He's a 5th rounder at WR. AKA he's a rookie WR, in a year marked by very little practice time. Do you really think a team out there is going to sign a 5th round WR from the Redskins who hasn't learned the team's system yet? That's a huge liability on their roster - he wont know any of the plays, he will be an unpolished route runner...they would have to hope that he can pick things up quickly and not cost them too many penalties, etc. while he learns their stuff.

This is all assuming Paul doesn't have a breakout preseason. If he dominates during preseason, obviously that will change things.

Archived