Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Movies thread, please think of your neighbors and friends warn somebody!!

AsburySkinsFan

It's just a story about a guy and his son surviving after some apocalyptic event, nothing more to it really. I kinda liked that.

Fair enough. To be honest, It had all the elements of a great book, but some novels just don't belong on the big screen, where everything gets crammed into a 1.5 hr.- 2hr. time limit.

Y'all need a SOH by-pass if you didn't find The Hangover and Due Date funny.

The Hangover was the single funniest film of 2009, and the first in a long time I've laughed virtually from first minute to last; and Due Date is up there with Dinner for Schmucks as the funniest film I saw last year.

Hail.

The Watchmen.. as bad as the book, and the book is ****ing DRECK.

Watchmen should be sold as a sleep aid. And the book should be sold as a package of 200 or so tear-out puppy training pads.

~Bang

Y'all need a SOH by-pass if you didn't find The Hangover and Due Date funny.

The Hangover was the single funniest film of 2009, and the first in a long time I've laughed virtually from first minute to last; and Due Date is up there with Dinner for Schmucks as the funniest film I saw last year.

Hail.

Sorry, but Due Date for me was one predictable joke after another I knew what was going to happen in that movie 10 minutes before it did, it was Planes Trains and Automobiles all over again. Maybe it's a Conan O'brien thing.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 08:17 AM ----------

I know I am on record as being a Nicolas Cage hater, but I dare any of you who haven't seen it, to try and sit through the first 20 minutes of the Wickerman without slipping into a coma. I dare you, I double dog dare you!

Avoid Wickerman...got it.

I knew there was a reason I hadn't rented that yet. The thing with Cage is that he either hits a home run (Gone in 60) or it's just unwatchable (most of his movies) the problem is that he's like a pitcher in baseball...home runs don't come very often.

The thing with Cage is that he either hits a home run (Gone in 60) or it's just unwatchable (most of his movies) the problem is that he's like a pitcher in baseball...home runs don't come very often.

He's desperate,, he'll take any dog offered to him.

I've crossed him off my list of actors who's movies i'll bother with.

~Bang

I know I am on record as being a Nicolas Cage hater, but I dare any of you who haven't seen it, to try and sit through the first 20 minutes of the Wickerman without slipping into a coma. I dare you, I double dog dare you!

That's why classics 9 times out of 10 shouldn't be re-made.

Hail.

The Annihilators. It's about a group of Vietnam buddies who team up in the future to fight gangs in Atlanta. It's so terrible that it's funny.

bofRMYlhAqk

Another scene from The Annihilators

gXq8eLoOZj8

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 10:54 AM ----------

I thought The Road was good.

Buried was completely unsatisfying.

Yeah, I also thought The Road was a really good movie. It was extremely dark and depressing, but a well made movie.

Battle: Los Angeles was a mess. It had a lot of potential but ultimately just sucked.

Also beware of Beastly. I got dragged to that nonsense and.. no. Just no.

All of the Twilight movies belong in this thread as well.

Sorry, but Due Date for me was one predictable joke after another I knew what was going to happen in that movie 10 minutes before it did, it was Planes Trains and Automobiles all over again. Maybe it's a Conan O'brien thing.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 08:17 AM ----------

Avoid Wickerman...got it.

I knew there was a reason I hadn't rented that yet. The thing with Cage is that he either hits a home run (Gone in 60) or it's just unwatchable (most of his movies) the problem is that he's like a pitcher in baseball...home runs don't come very often.

Try the original Wickerman (with Ed Woodward). BTW the best movie Cage has been in is Kick-Ass (Let me know if I'm right).

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 03:12 PM ----------

He's desperate,, he'll take any dog offered to him.

I've crossed him off my list of actors who's movies i'll bother with.

~Bang

Don't miss Kick Ass.

Don't miss Kick Ass.

Kick Ass was pretty good, though it still was Cage's typical acting (which isnt good). most of cage's movies are crap. he has a few good ones though, but none of them are great movies: the Rock, Lord of War, Kick Ass, Matchstick Men, Gone in 60 seconds.

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on a Redskins board. You fail at life, and someone should tar and feather your parents for having you. ;)

Seriously though, the Monk/Green induction weekend was the most epic two days of my life that didn't involve watching my children come into the world.

HoF is great... Canton is boring as hell. I wish they'd relocate the hall to someplace I'd actually otherwise want to visit.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 03:27 PM ----------

Also, not enjoying the hangover or due date means your sense of humor is plain terrible. I don't know how else to say it
Haven't seen due date but if you didn't like the hangover you simply have no sense of humor. I imagine you being the overly serious type that only laughs on rare the rare inappropriate occasion making for an awkward experience for all involved.

Agreed, a pretty damn good movie. There are too many people (apparently including 2 posters in this thread) who can't handle a movie that is so bleak (understandable). The movie does a great job of intentionally making that bleak atmosphere with superb acting, directing, and a depressingly beautiful color palette. I was just happy to get away from the orange and teal color-grading that is used in 90% of all movies these days.

I can handle bleak movies. I can also handle boring road trips with family members that take everything too seriously. I just prefer to do something enjoyable.

Agreed, a pretty damn good movie. There are too many people (apparently including 2 posters in this thread) who can't handle a movie that is so bleak (understandable). The movie does a great job of intentionally making that bleak atmosphere with superb acting, directing, and a depressingly beautiful color palette. I was just happy to get away from the orange and teal color-grading that is used in 90% of all movies these days.

The Road put me in a 3 day funk after watching it. It was a good movie, but it made me want to run into a knife after it was over. Definitely not for everyone.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 11:53 AM ----------

The Happening. My best friend and I saw it one afternoon. She actually got her money back from the studio after writing a letter.

That movie was all kinds of ****.

Oh yea, they're running from the goddamn WIND at the end.

And Mark W and his lisp aggravates me in pretty much every movie he makes.

I can't believe the few that are giving The Road so much hate. It was a great movie and a few people apparently weren't paying enough attention to know what that movie was about.

The one most recently that I watched and didn't understand all the hype was 127 Hours.

I can't believe the few that are giving The Road so much hate. It was a great movie and a few people apparently weren't paying enough attention to know what that movie was about.

The one most recently that I watched and didn't understand all the hype was 127 Hours.

it thought it was a good movie, but if you are expecting a happy ending, you probably thought about suicide afterwards

Archived