Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Movies thread, please think of your neighbors and friends warn somebody!!

AsburySkinsFan

95% of sequels

Battle Los Angeles

almost any comic book movie

any movie where the guy is trying to get the girl and it's not an outright comedy (i.e. chick flick)

anything with McCounaghey, Cage, Gylenhall, Affleck, Justin Long (tho each has like 1 exception, Lincoln Lawyer and Source Code were both decent)

Sucker Punch

anything with Kate Hudson, Drew Barrymore, Sandra Bullock, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Lopez (tho this is basically same as chick flick category). If you aren't sure a movie will be good or bad, but one of these actors/actresses is in it, odds are you should save your money.

I agree with this entirely, though i will say that Just Friends was a chick flick that i enjoyed and Jake Gylenhall is better than the other actors you listed.

Transformers 2 anyone?

I fell asleep in this movie. I mean, its got good visuals, but so do almost all action movies nowadays. directors think they can substitute special fx for a good movie.. yawn.

Starship Troopers.

Starship Troopers was awesome and a breath of fresh air.

Kick Ass was pretty good, though it still was Cage's typical acting (which isnt good). most of cage's movies are crap. he has a few good ones though, but none of them are great movies: the Rock, Lord of War, Kick Ass, Matchstick Men, Gone in 60 seconds.

Agreed, those are the best Cage movies, although I disagree with Matchstick Men. I own Lord of War though, his best film IMO.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 10:56 PM ----------

Letters To God (2010)

I felt oddly guilty turning this one off about half way through...I mean it was a "Christian" movie, but man it was unwatchable.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 11:09 PM ----------

The Town was decent, I thought overrated tho also, Good Will Hunting was great obviously.

I actually liked "The Town", I wasn't a fan of the happy ending where he gets away free while all his friends go down for him, it was nice to see Ben in a movie worth watching where Matt didn't have to carry his but through the whole thing. Good Will Hunting...love that movie, best serious Matt Damon flick ever.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 11:20 PM ----------

Ok, ya'll question....

Little Fockers

We got it on Redbox tonight, then I checked rottentomatoes.com and it ranks an abysmal 9%...should I chance it or keep that hour and a half of my life from being wasted unnecessarily?

Oh and don't forget to completely avoid....my kids begged me to rent this, and they were adamant that it was a really good movie....:doh:....what do they know!? They're 9 and 6 and like the Alvin and the Chipmunk series!!! Why did I listen!?

tooth-fairy-poster-0.jpg

Ok, ya'll question....

Little Fockers

We got it on Redbox tonight, then I checked rottentomatoes.com and it ranks an abysmal 9%...should I chance it or keep that hour and a half of my life from being wasted unnecessarily?

Avoid it like the plague.

Meet the Parents was a good concept and funny. The following two movies are basically the same again but not funny.

Hail.

Avoid it like the plague.

Meet the Parents was a good concept and funny. The following two movies are basically the same again but not funny.

Hail.

Completely agreed. The jokes are so recycled that it gets to a point where they actually reminisce about the jokes used in the first film. The movie adds two annoying kids (who luckily don't have as much screen time as the trailer suggested) and another character with a name to make fun of.

Rango.

My wife and I brought our kids to the movie. We looked at each other 5 minutes into it... because we knew it was going to be B-A-D. And it was. Painfully bad.

Hehehe, I actually like Rango, best lizard western I've ever seen. :ols: Seriously, I liked it and I'll own it on dvd when the time comes.

I agree with this entirely, though i will say that Just Friends was a chick flick that i enjoyed and Jake Gylenhall is better than the other actors you listed.

I own Just Friends. I guess it kind of does qualify as a chick flick, but it's a freakin hilarious movie. Anna ferris nailed her role as the crazy pop singer.

Jake Gylenhall we'll have to agree to disagree. Looking over his movies, I only see 2 truly good ones.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0350453/

Hehehe, I actually like Rango, best lizard western I've ever seen. :ols: Seriously, I liked it and I'll own it on dvd when the time comes.

yeah I liked Rango too.

I like mardi gras idea of movies that actually make you mad.

off the top of my head:

shoot 'em up

batman forever (walked out, as a teenager no less)

spanglish, don't mess with the zohan, mr. deeds, the one where Sandler and Kevin James pretend to be gay

literally everything with Kevin James in it

Star Wars I

and.................................. what I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet, I assume because the memory is too painfull: Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull-****ing of a once excellent franchise. I don't think any other movie has angered me like this one did

the first movie in this thread is worse then all the other movies in this thread combine...skyline was HORRIBLE. i wish i was smart so i could put into words how dumb that movie is.

I agree, so many of the movies in this thread are at least tolerable, but Skyline....*gah!!!

As one reviewer on rottentomatoes.com put it, "they had a story that they didn't know how to end, so they just ended it." Whoever wrote that script needs to be banned from the film industry for life.

I agree, so many of the movies in this thread are at least tolerable, but Skyline....*gah!!!

As one reviewer on rottentomatoes.com put it, "they had a story that they didn't know how to end, so they just ended it." Whoever wrote that script needs to be banned from the film industry for life.

Get to the water, get to the water, get to the water, get to the water, end up on the roof....

Get to the water, get to the water, get to the water, get to the water, end up on the roof....

:ols: No kidding, and everyone knew that the guy had been affected and that would be the twist but then when the twist was revealed (which anyone with a clue knew was going to happen)....:rollcredits: :doh: That ticked me off, but the part I hated the absolute most was the whole "you can't kill 'em, but we're not going to tell you why", I mean nuking a mothership and then watching it rebuild itself because of some big blue light?! What is that mess!?:mad:

And it really sucks, ASF, because I'm a HUUUUUUUGE fan of Zach Galaweionwefinherh9iqe's standup.

I watched his show at the Purple Onion on netflix and found it uncomfortable.

---------- Post added May-8th-2011 at 08:25 PM ----------

I thought The American with George Clooney was terrible and had to turn it off 1/2 way through. Seriously bad IMO...

I didn't mind it. It was dry and slow but I liked some of it. It wasn't badly made. The scenery was nice and Thekla Reuten was hot. I also liked the parts where he machined the rifle.

I thought The Road was good.

Buried was completely unsatisfying.

The Road wasn't bad. It was a missed opportunity though and is a bit frustrating if you've read the book. The movie paid way too much attention to their abandonment by the wife/mother character. That was a very minor part of the book and the movie tried to make it a central theme which added a sentimentality that the book entirely lacked. Viggo Mortensen and the boy gave really good performances though.

I think it's hard to turn a Cormac McCarthy book into a good movie because the focus is so heavily on the language and style. Apparently you need stylistic masters like the Cohen Brothers to do it.

Archived