Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Movies thread, please think of your neighbors and friends warn somebody!!

AsburySkinsFan

The Watchmen.. as bad as the book, and the book is ****ing DRECK.

Watchmen should be sold as a sleep aid. And the book should be sold as a package of 200 or so tear-out puppy training pads.

~Bang

Ugh I fricking hated this movie and I went to go see it with friends who ended up loving it so I didn't get to cathartically pan it at the time like I wanted. I liked the opening credits with the Bob Dylan song even though it was pretty common. After that, the movie completely fell apart. It wasn't just bad or forgettable, it was painful. Lots of grating, gratuitous, stupid scenes that were physically hard to sit through. Plus it's unbearably long. I hated 300 too, Zack Snyder is terrible and is the epitome of obnoxious and stupid style over substance. I'd actually rather go and see something that entirely lacks the pretensions of artistry like Fast Five than another one of his movies. There's no way I'm going to go see Suckerpunch.

I agree that the graphic novel was crap too. I've never understood its appeal and a lot of really smart people love it for some reason. Most of the concepts it ham-handedly explores were old hat even for the mid 80s.

Ugh I fricking hated this movie and I went to go see it with friends who ended up loving it so I didn't get to cathartically pan it at the time like I wanted. I liked the opening credits with the Bob Dylan song even though it was pretty common. After that, the movie completely fell apart. It wasn't just bad or forgettable, it was painful. Lots of grating, gratuitous, stupid scenes that were physically hard to sit through. Plus it's unbearably long. I hated 300 too, Zack Snyder is terrible and is the epitome of obnoxious and stupid style over substance. I'd actually rather go and see something that entirely lacks the pretensions of artistry like Fast Five than another one of his movies. There's no way I'm going to go see Suckerpunch.

I agree that the graphic novel was crap too. I've never understood its appeal and a lot of really smart people love it for some reason. Most of the concepts it ham-handedly explores were old hat even for the mid 80s.

You are literally the only person I know of that didn't like 300. That's amazing.

Gotta disagree with Starship Troopers.

Starship Troopers is a classic "so bad it's good" film, especially for the sci-fi genre. Not to mention, there are actually a few fairly clever satirical moments thrown in throughout the film.

Now the direct-to-DVD sequels...those are terrible.

To add on to what Des said, I saw The Road last year. Because of the internet hype that it received prior to its release, I was expecting something golden, but I came away from it extremely let down.

There wasn't enough background info on what caused the "end of the world", and there was very little depth with all of the characters, and even less dialogue. It was just a movie about a family living in the wilderness, surviving off of old cans of baked beans and peaches, running from random crazy hicks. When you consider the cast, it was a huge failure.

Hmm, I didn't realize it when I watched it because I'd already read the book. But reading what you've said, I think a lot might have been lost for you if you watched the movie without reading the book first. The movie probably takes a lot for granted. You'd have no idea what the man and the boy are trying to achieve, nor any sense of the landscape or who the figures in it are. You'd also have no sense of how desperate and central the search for food was. That's the real drama of the book and the film. You also don't get the overwhelming sense of everything that's lost in a post Apocalypse without reading the book first and that is the stories most powerful message.

You're right, the book was brilliant and probably the most devastating book McCarthy's written (which is saying something) and the movie falls far short of it. It didn't necessarily work well as a film here, but even still, I thought the movie was decent.

I just hope they never try and make a movie out of Blood Meridian.

---------- Post added May-8th-2011 at 09:00 PM ----------

You are literally the only person I know of that didn't like 300. That's amazing.

I thought 300 was stupid and offensive. Most of the time I end up disliking movies set in the classical period because they're usually so off the wall.

Zack Snyder's movies are pretty but the writing and story lines are atrocious and that ends up killing a movie for me. They can't even be guilty pleasures because they take themselves far too seriously.

I love Spartacus on Starz Network though and that's a huge guilty pleasure from me.

---------- Post added May-8th-2011 at 09:04 PM ----------

Gotta disagree with Starship Troopers.

Starship Troopers is a classic "so bad it's good" film, especially for the sci-fi genre. Not to mention, there are actually a few fairly clever satirical moments thrown in throughout the film.

Now the direct-to-DVD sequels...those are terrible.

Holy crap, I didn't know they made sequels. I'm morbidly curious. I loved Starship Troopers growing up. I tend to like cartoonishly stupid action movies from the 80's and 90's. I've seen and enjoyed just about every Arnold movie in his catalogue.

---------- Post added May-8th-2011 at 09:06 PM ----------

Has anyone seen Thor? Is it any good?

anything with pauly shore or brenden fraiser, ghost rider, knowing

I liked Knowing

Also, not enjoying the hangover or due date means your sense of humor is plain terrible. I don't know how else to say it

Y'all need a SOH by-pass if you didn't find The Hangover and Due Date funny.

The Hangover was the single funniest film of 2009, and the first in a long time I've laughed virtually from first minute to last; and Due Date is up there with Dinner for Schmucks as the funniest film I saw last year.

Hail.

Hangover was definitely funny, but overrated. I didn't really like Due Date...it had funny moments, but I think it bothered me how mean Robert Downey Jr. was to Zach throughout the whole thing.

I didn't like Dinner for Schmucks. Kind of the same reason I didn't like Due Date. Steve Carrell's character was made fun of and made me feel so bad for him. Maybe it's the teacher in me or maybe I'm just becoming a pansy.

Some movies to add to the list:

I didn't really like Black Swan

Let Me In (horrible)

I always pick ****ty horror movies from Netflix...and I know they're going to suck, but I get them anyway. And they always suck.

Starship Troopers?? No way man. It was intentionally meant to be cheesy and "so bad it's good". It's one of the many reasons I liked that movie. Like someone mentioned though, the sequels? Yeah I don't know what the **** those were about.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DON'T watch Waterworld. God I despise that movie.

Starship Troopers?? No way man. It was intentionally meant to be cheesy and "so bad it's good". It's one of the many reasons I liked that movie. Like someone mentioned though, the sequels? Yeah I don't know what the **** those were about.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DON'T watch Waterworld. God I despise that movie.

or The Postman, where Kevin Costner, as a mailman, is the future's only hope. lmfao

I completely agree. They never tried to make it something that it wasn't. It was meant to be your typical, satirical, cheesy sci-fi flick. I view movies like The Fifth Element and The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy in the same vein.

I liked Knowing

I overlooked sportjunkie's post about Nicolas Cage movies, probably because I'm trying to block Cage from my memory. In regards to Knowing, I'm convinced that you could only enjoy it if you're the type of person who just blindly likes any Sci-Fi movie that is produced (I know these types of people, because my father is one of them). Knowing is a disaster of a disaster movie with the third act being one of the most grotesquely awful climaxes in the long annals of the science fiction medium. Cage's acting is actually halfway respectable, but the movie combines that with terrible writing, absurd Shyamalan-esque plot twists, and CGI that's worse than direct-to-DVD movies.

With all that said, before a couple of months ago, I would have told you that Knowing was Cage's worst movie (which says a lot), but Season of the Witch takes the whole damn cake. It's filled with ridiculous attempts at accents, grade-B movie dialogue and writing, and even worse CGI than Knowing.

I overlooked sportjunkie's post about Nicolas Cage movies, probably because I'm trying to block Cage from my memory. In regards to Knowing, I'm convince that you could only enjoy it if you're the type of person who just blindly likes any Sci-Fi movie that is produced (I know these types of people, because my father is one of them). Knowing is a disaster of a disaster movie with the third act being one of the most grotesquely awful climaxes in the long annals of the science fiction medium. Cage's acting is actually halfway respectable, but the movie combines that with terrible writing, absurd Shyamalan-esque plot twists, and CGI that's worse than direct-to-DVD movies.

With all that said, before a couple of months ago, I would have told you that Knowing was Cage's worst movie (which says a lot), but Season of the Witch takes the whole damn cake. It's filled with ridiculous attempts at accents, grade-B movie dialogue and writing, and even worse CGI than Knowing.

Well, I certainly don't like all sci-fi movies, and I generally don't even watch sci-fi. I also am not a huge fan of disaster movies.

I was entertained by this movie, and not bored...usually when a movie doesn't bore me, I like it. It wasn't believable, but that's not a huge deal. I actually like Shyamalan and most of his movies (except The Happening, which was horrible).

Another crappy movie? Paranormal Activity. I don't know how anybody can be scared by that.

I also can't believe there are people in this thread actually defending Due Date.

That was a really unfunny movie. Robert Downey Jr. is an obnoxious dick the entire time (but we're supposed to care about him getting to his wife in time to see their baby born), Zach Galifianakis' character wore thin by the halfway point, and the movie was full of meaningless extra plot points. Downey Jr.'s wife might have slept with Jamie Foxx! The baby might be his! No, not really, but let's randomly waste 20 minutes exploring that idea before never bringing it back up again anyway. I can't believe Robert Downey Jr. got caught with pot at the border! Good thing Zach Galifianakis can literally break him out of custody and get him back to the U.S., without any further questions!

I think the only joke in the entire movie that actually came back full circle was Zach Galifianakis' obsession with Two And a Half Men. The rest of the movie was unfulfilled jokes and lazy comedic set pieces.

I also can't believe there are people in this thread actually defending Due Date.

That was a really unfunny movie. Robert Downey Jr. is an obnoxious dick the entire time (but we're supposed to care about him getting to his wife in time to see their baby born), Zach Galifianakis' character wore thin by the halfway point, and the movie was full of meaningless extra plot points. Downey Jr.'s wife might have slept with Jamie Foxx! The baby might be his! No, not really, but let's randomly waste 20 minutes exploring that idea before never bringing it back up again anyway. I can't believe Robert Downey Jr. got caught with pot at the border! Good thing Zach Galifianakis can literally break him out of custody and get him back to the U.S., without any further questions!

I think the only joke in the entire movie that actually came back full circle was Zach Galifianakis' obsession with Two And a Half Men. The rest of the movie was unfulfilled jokes and lazy comedic set pieces.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like it....and you're right, Robert Downey Jr. was such a dick that it really turned me off from the movie.

Another crappy movie? Paranormal Activity. I don't know how anybody can be scared by that.

I thought it was pretty good, but then again, I watched it online before it hit theaters, and before the massive hype machine could start rolling. It felt a little more genuine then, which ( I think) made you feel a little more uneasy then you normally would if you went to see it in theaters. I think that for what it was ( basically a better version of the Blair Witch Project ) I thought it was pretty good

I guess that makes me the 2nd person you know of that didn't like it. How can you disagree with a guy nicknamed The King of Cool? stevemcqueen is right on this one.

Seriously though, 300 feels like one very long slow motion fight with History Channel style narration. It's truly as if the director, Zach Snyder, realized he only recorded 30 minutes worth of material and decided to transfer the entire reel from 60 frames per second to 24 fps. This movie has style, but the rest of the movie is just screaming and slow motion. A true masterpiece for the A.D.D generation.

i wasnt too fond of it.

i was very let down because i had just read the Gates of Fire

i felt like they were dancing in the fight scenes. the slow-mo blood spray was annoying. the huge monsters were annoying. the humpback was annoying. the dudes with unrealistically ripped stomachs were annoying.

I thought it was pretty good, but then again, I watched it online before it hit theaters, and before the massive hype machine could start rolling. It felt a little more genuine then, which ( I think) made you feel a little more uneasy then you normally would if you went to see it in theaters I think fr what it was ( basically a better version of the Blair Witch Project ) I thought it was pretty good

I watched it on pay per view at home.

It's just not the type of thing that scares me. I wouldn't say gore scares me either. I think movies that scare me the most are about sociopaths, like The Last House on the Left, because there are really people like that in this world. It's hard for me to be scared of ghosts.

I watched it on pay per view at home.

It's just not the type of thing that scares me. I wouldn't say gore scares me either. I think movies that scare me the most are about sociopaths, like The Last House on the Left, because there are really people like that in this world. It's hard for me to be scared of ghosts.

Yeah, Last House On The Left was definitely a good one, just for the simple fact that it hit all the right emotional buttons. Desperation, helplessness, revenge,etc. That rape scene was pretty intense though, I don't think i've ever seen anything like that in amovie before.

I guess I'm more of a " Psychological thriller" kind of person. Movies like The Shining, The Devils Advocate, and 1408 are normally what I like. Movies that pretty much **** with your head from start to finish.

Yeah, Last House On The Left was definitely a good one, just for the simple fact that it hit all the right emotional buttons. Desperation, helplessness, revenge,etc. That rape scene was pretty intense though, I don't think i've ever seen anything like that in amovie before.

I guess I'm more of a " Psychological thriller" kind of person. Movies like The Shining, The Devils Advocate, and 1408 are normally what I like. Movies that pretty much **** with your head from start to finish.

I didn't like 1408 at all. I haven't seen The Shining or Devils Advocate. I like psychological thrillers, but don't normally find them scary. I would say that thrillers are my favorite type of movie to watch.

Archived