Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Movies thread, please think of your neighbors and friends warn somebody!!

AsburySkinsFan

Ok, I just suffered a bad movie experience and apparently I don't have any real friends because surely a true friend would have warned me. So in a service to ESers everywhere I am hereby starting this thread to warn your fellow Burgundy and Gold brothers and sisters about the impending doom awaiting them in the theaters and in their dvd players. No one should be allowed to suffer....please....think of the children.....:(

Here is the first of I hope many submissions, please don't let someone needlessly suffer, this can be stopped.

SkylineMovie.png

The Hangover. Though a lot of people seemed to like it. Frankly, I could have made a FAR better movie myself, about our trip to Canton.
I'll one up you....this movie is so awful that it should come with a warning.

Due20Date20Movie.jpg

I have no idea what either of you are talking about. I thoroughly enjoyed each of those movies.

Here's a terribad movie... even for the fans who were looking forward to it.

Sex and the City 2.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 01:01 AM ----------

sex and the city

See answer above. I could sit through #1. I wanted to walk out of #2. Yes, my wife dragged me to both. Last movie she ever drags me into. Even she apologized for that one.

The Hangover was great and frankly I have a tough time believing in interesting things happening in Canton. Horrible movie alert: The Road.

Also stop with Sex in The City... have you no shame? Chick flicks are expected to suck this thread is to warn your fellow man! Most of us knew better than to be dragged to that nonsense.

The Hangover was great and frankly I have a tough time believing in interesting things happening in Canton.

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on a Redskins board. You fail at life, and someone should tar and feather your parents for having you. ;)

Seriously though, the Monk/Green induction weekend was the most epic two days of my life that didn't involve watching my children come into the world.

And it really sucks, ASF, because I'm a HUUUUUUUGE fan of Zach Galaweionwefinherh9iqe's standup.

Yeah, he's a really funny guy but in movies it always seems like he's trying too hard. I mean Due Date was the same joke told 150 different ways...yep we get it...Downey is a self interested jerk and Zach is a no talent imbecile...great can we have the funny now?

*edit

Due Date is just a remake of Planes Trains and Automobiles.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 01:56 AM ----------

Horrible movie alert: The Road.

Oh definitely agree here! Book of Eli 10000000000000000% better.

The Hangover was great and frankly I have a tough time believing in interesting things happening in Canton. Horrible movie alert: The Road.

Thought this movie was awesome.

7.4/10 on IMDB

Also, not enjoying the hangover or due date means your sense of humor is plain terrible. I don't know how else to say it

Thought this movie was awesome.

7.4/10 on IMDB

Also, not enjoying the hangover or due date means your sense of humor is plain terrible. I don't know how else to say it

Agreed, a pretty damn good movie. There are too many people (apparently including 2 posters in this thread) who can't handle a movie that is so bleak (understandable). The movie does a great job of intentionally making that bleak atmosphere with superb acting, directing, and a depressingly beautiful color palette. I was just happy to get away from the orange and teal color-grading that is used in 90% of all movies these days.

I'm not saying you can't find it to be bad, but it should be obvious ahead of time what you are getting yourself in store for. Movies like the one the OP chose and Santa's Slay should be obvious movies to stray from, unless you know that tends to be your style.

I'll try to think of some movies that sort of trick people into watching them through misleading trailers/advertising.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 02:42 AM ----------

Funny People

Depending on what trailer you saw, you either knew that this was going to be tripe, or , like me, you saw the trailer that leads you to believe the entire story is centered around Seth Rogen and Adam Sandler's characters and is about trying to keep cheery and find humor in life while coping with dying.

Unfortunately I didn't catch certain trailer cuts and thought this was going to be a resurgence in Sandler's career. Instead, I get a two headed movie that forces in an unnecessary relationship angle and can't decide whether it wants the tone of Sunshine Cleaning or The 40 Year Old Virgin.

To add on to what Des said, I saw The Road last year. Because of the internet hype that it received prior to its release, I was expecting something golden, but I came away from it extremely let down.

There wasn't enough background info on what caused the "end of the world", and there was very little depth with all of the characters, and even less dialogue. It was just a movie about a family living in the wilderness, surviving off of old cans of baked beans and peaches, running from random crazy hicks. When you consider the cast, it was a huge failure.

* Anything by Nicolas Cage, except for Face/Off, ConAir, The Rock, and Gone In Sixty.

What did you get out of it that I didn't? That was a pretty frustrating movie. I wanted to like it, I really did, but in the end, I had nothing to hold onto.

It's just a story about a guy and his son surviving after some apocalyptic event, nothing more to it really. I kinda liked that.

Archived