Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various sources: Osama bin Laden is dead. (Merged)

ixcuincle

That would be a smart move IMO, but can you provide any evidence of that? I searched teh google and couldn't find any mention of it.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/terrorism-security/2011/0504/Obama-doubles-down-on-refusal-to-release-bin-Laden-photos

Second to last paragraph on the first page.

(Sorry I'm on the cell, I'm not gonna spend 30 mins formating and quoting an article to post.)

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/terrorism-security/2011/0504/Obama-doubles-down-on-refusal-to-release-bin-Laden-photos

Second to last paragraph on the first page.

(Sorry I'm on the cell, I'm not gonna spend 30 mins formating and quoting an article to post.)

Thanks!

ABC News also reports that Rep. Mike Rogers ® of Michigan, head of the House's Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, has seen the images and is hesitant to release them because doing so could "endanger our troops" if there is an angry response somewhere with US troops on the ground.

"I’m a little bit reluctant. I’ll tell you why. The conspiracy theorists are going to see the pictures and find ten reasons why they think it’s someone else,” Congressman Rogers said. “I think it’s pretty common knowledge. The wives are talking, ‘Yes it was Osama bin Laden. Yes he’s dead.’ I don’t know what we gain by showing this."

He is the cause for a huge world shift in privacy over security concerns. He's responsible for thousands of American casualties. I want to see his dead corpse for closure. It isn't going to foster any more reprisals than there will be anyways. His crazy followers will want revenge over his death whether his picture is shown or not. Conspiracy theorists aren't going to be swayed by his pic, so they can take a leap regardless. I want the satisfaction of seeing his lifeless remains. I want to see the video of him dumped overboard as well. I want our government to lose this ridiculous fear of inciting mad men. They'll find their reasons no matter what we do.

Guys, I was just alerted yesterday by someone with very credible sources. Start reading ALL THE WAY through articles. "They" hide the incriminating conspiracy-worthy stuff in the last few paragraphs, and gamble everything on the fact that you won't read that far!

:silly:

My point wasn't that Republicans were criticizing him. My point was that people criticized him. Thanks for enhancing it. He took **** from both sides.

Yes, but do you understand the criticism? Obama was saying, "We will will invade your country and take whatever military action we deem appropriate whether you want us there or not." This was reckless language. Irresponsible language. Needlessly inflammatory, as Senator Dodd said. If Bush had said that, there would be an uproar about his "cowboy" mentality.

Hillary's critique was spot on.

"We will will invade your country and take whatever military action we deem appropriate whether you want us there or not."

Serious question, how is that any different than what we did with Afghanistan and Iraq?

It's not like we asked permission from Saddam and the Taliban to go in there and take out, what we considered to be, threats to our national security.

Not really. He put Pakistan on notice. Clearly they weren't up to the task, we did our thing and all is now good in the world. Plus Pakistan can claim with a straight face that they didn't help us in any way.

And I'm not sure how that destabilized anything.

Not really. He put Pakistan on notice. Clearly they weren't up to the task, we did our thing and all is now good in the world. Plus Pakistan can claim with a straight face that they didn't help us in any way.

And I'm not sure how that destabilized anything.

Well, 20 Billion dollars in bribes and many, many Predator strikes later, we've kind of eased them into an expectation that we'll do whatever the hell we want in their country. It didn't hurt that we got it right either. I'm sure there'd be quite a stink if Osama wasn't in that compound.

Again, Hillary didn't say he was wrong to do it. She said he was wrong to telegraph that he was GOING to do it.

Guys, I was just alerted yesterday by someone with very credible sources. Start reading ALL THE WAY through articles. "They" hide the incriminating conspiracy-worthy stuff in the last few paragraphs, and gamble everything on the fact that you won't read that far!

:silly:

If you keep opening your mouth, the Masons are going to get you.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't the reason the SEAL team blew up the lost helicopter is so that no one would see what it looked like or get a look at the technology? Don't the pictures of the copter kind of defeat the purpose in a way?

Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't the reason the SEAL team blew up the lost helicopter is so that no one would see what it looked like or get a look at the technology? Don't the pictures of the copter kind of defeat the purpose in a way?

I think they usually blow up the choppers not so much so no one could see what they looked like but more so people don't get to the components inside.

They blew up the part of the chopper that landed inside the compound.

The tail end of the helicopter broke off outside the compound walls and they didn't have enough time to detonate a second explosive. The pictures you are seeing were taken by people in Pakistan.

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 10:35 PM ----------

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/cia-spied-on-bin-laden-from-safe-house/2011/05/05/AFXbG31F_story.html

Pretty crazy, this whole thing is straight out of a good Hollywood flick.

Seriously, why can't everyone just be happy for America? I know I am, and I didn't vote for Obama, and don't support him on much of anything else.

This is how i feel. I don't care for Obama at all but to say he didn't make a major call and our military made him look like a genius and pulled it off flawlessly just doesn't make sense. We all know if the mission failed it would have been all his fault and I might have been leading the charge. But, it was his moment of glory and I'll for sure celebrate that moment with him. You would think the conspiracy theorists would at least come up with some sort of plausible conspiracy. The only way Bin Laden is not dead is if our SEALS knocked him out, took him POW and then put him in a dungeon 10 miles underground where he has no hope of ever getting out so they could interrogate him and then kill him. If he wasn't dead there is no way we wouldn't have seen a video of him alive by now.

This is how i feel. I don't care for Obama at all but to say he didn't make a major call and our military made him look like a genius and pulled it off flawlessly just doesn't make sense. We all know if the mission failed it would have been all his fault and I might have been leading the charge. But, it was his moment of glory and I'll for sure celebrate that moment with him. You would think the conspiracy theorists would at least come up with some sort of plausible conspiracy. The only way Bin Laden is not dead is if our SEALS knocked him out, took him POW and then put him in a dungeon 10 miles underground where he has no hope of ever getting out so they could interrogate him and then kill him. If he wasn't dead there is no way we wouldn't have seen a video of him alive by now.

Its good to see reasonable people around here :applause:

Random thought on this:

I keep hearing friggin people saying, "but Osama wasn't armed! You can't kill him!"

Yeah? Well neither are people on Death Row.

And neither were the people that Osama killed on 9/11/01.

How are people attempting to defend that piece of ****?

Random thought on this:

I keep hearing friggin people saying, "but Osama wasn't armed! You can't kill him!"

Yeah that's probably the worst arguement ever. And just because he wasn't armed, doesn't mean he still couldn't attack. What if he had a suicide vest on or something?

I spoke with a military friend who just returned this Tuesday from his deployment in the Middle East about the reaction on base to the OBL news.

He said that they weren't really surprised. They knew that something big was happening and the OBL capture/assasination mission was one of the plausible reasons they were deploying this time around.

Random thought on this:

When does it become not OK to kill him? Say they didn't shoot him in his room. Is he safe once you get him on the helicpoter? Or maybe he's safe once you get him back to the covert CIA compound. Or maybe you can't kill him once you get him there but you can waterboard him or something.

Archived