Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various sources: Osama bin Laden is dead. (Merged)

ixcuincle

You're saying it doesn't matter whether or not Bin Laden was a threat, the Seals had the right to kill him because he deserved killing. I'm asking, does that same line of thinking extends past the initial assault on the Bin Laden's compound? For instance, say a young Seal gets Bin Laden back in the copter they take off...and then they decide to kill him. Is that still ok?

I'll answer this question. It is acceptable to kill Osama Bin Laden at any point. In his cave, in his mansion, at his 4th wedding, at the funeral of his mother, at his training facilities, armed or unarmed, resisting or surrendering, in custody or not in custody, in a jail cell or in a courtroom.

If they captured him I would have wanted a trial (and then an execution). However, it doesn't trouble my sleep at all that he was killed during the operation. In fact, it makes it easier and prevents accusations from the Muslim world of a fixed trial or a stage trial or worse of giving Bin Laden one last platform to inspire loonies from. An anonymous grave is better than a celebrated martyrdom.

So when the President made mention of the $60 million dollar donation (of Stealth Copter) to the hunt for OBL. I just began to wonder how much money has truly been spent to off this one man. Had things gone horribly wrong during the raid and both helicopters were shot down, that's $120 million up in smoke. How many more hundreds of millions in man power and equipment have been spent to find this man. Is the number in the tens of billions? Hundreds of billions if you count the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'm happy we got him, but the amount of money to do so boggles the mind. Again, money well spent.

I'll answer this question. It is acceptable to kill Osama Bin Laden at any point. In his cave, in his mansion, at his 4th wedding, at the funeral of his mother, at his training facilities, armed or unarmed, resisting or surrendering, in custody or not in custody, in a jail cell or in a courtroom.
I agree, it doesn't matter when they kill him, they could have captured him and given him some concrete slippers and iit wouldn't matter.

Do you feel the same about Abu Zubaydah and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed? And if they can kill these terrorists responsible for 9/11 anywhere any time and in any manner they wish, can't they waterboard them too?

Do you feel the same about Abu Zubaydah and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed? And if they can kill these terrorists responsible for 9/11 anywhere any time and in any manner they wish, can't they waterboard them too?

I absolutely do. I am in the camp that any of these jagaloons that were involved in 9/11 have no rights and we should be able to obtain information by any means necessary and when the well dries up dispose of the individual swiftly.

So when the President made mention of the $60 million dollar donation (of Stealth Copter) to the hunt for OBL. I just began to wonder how much money has truly been spent to off this one man. Had things gone horribly wrong during the raid and both helicopters were shot down, that's $120 million up in smoke. How many more hundreds of millions in man power and equipment have been spent to find this man. Is the number in the tens of billions? Hundreds of billions if you count the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'm happy we got him, but the amount of money to do so boggles the mind. Again, money well spent.

binladen2.jpg

To the North there were some economic benefits,being largely untouched and controlling both govt tariffs and US manufacturing,quite a few bargains were found by carpetbaggers as well.

I hope you get 50 people to answer this question.

My own answer to the question is that it is not ok to torture terrorists and it is not ok to kill them when they don't pose a threat. This has nothing to do with justice but with the character of a country that is not lead by vengeance.

But I don't understand how Bin Laden had abdicated his human rights yet somehow Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was a victim of human rights abuses. Anyone who believes Bin Laden's death, no matter how it was carried out, was justified can't believe waterboarding Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was unjustified.

My own answer to the question is that it is not ok to torture terrorists and it is not ok to kill them when they don't pose a threat. This has nothing to do with justice but with the character of a country that is not lead by vengeance.

But I don't understand how Bin Laden had abdicated his human rights yet somehow Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was a victim of human rights abuses. Anyone who believes Bin Laden's death, no matter how it was carried out, was justified can't believe waterboarding Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was unjustified.

They are ****ing terrorists, how exactly do they not pose a threat? THEY ARE ****ING TERRORISTS!!! To be completely honest waterboarding isn't enough, we need to be doing some truly heinous **** to KSM, the POS was intimately involved in 9/11, **** him.

I simply don't get this, how exactly can one be a terrorist and NOT pose a threat?

I see your point. I mean, an unarmed terrorist is never a threat. I mean, there isn't any kind of a chance they have a bomb strapped to their chest. Or they have a gun hidden in the sleeve of their jacket.

I especially see the point in terms of bin Laden. I mean, the guy only orchestrated the single biggest attack on American soil, killing over 3,000 people. No biggie. He should be given a fair trial, just as our people would have been if Osama had caught them in Pakistan.

Sorry, not buying it. In this case, with someone this evil, the Hammurabi Code rules supreme.

"Eye for an eye, mother ****er."

Okay, I added the last part for effect.

It's not like the guy simply beat up a guy in a bar fight. He killed thousands of people in one attack (as well as many, many others over his reign over Al-Qaeda.).

I can't see why anyone would give any sympathy to that monster. It makes no sense to me at all.

Archived