Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Netflix TV Series suggestion Thread

SnyderShrugged

Many of the HBO series are great. If you haven't watched these, I think they will provide you with a lot of entertainment.

Carnivale

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/

Deadwood

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348914/

Rome

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/

Six Feet Under

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248654/

---------- Post added June-7th-2012 at 12:32 PM ----------

I just finished John Adams mini-series. It was fantastic.

Yeah, it was. I love the theme song during the intro.

A lot of my favorite shows have been listed already, but some that haven't:

House, Grey's, Burn Notice, Homeland, American Horror Story, The Mentalist, East Bound and Down.

Talking of BBC shows, if 'Coupling' is up there, get it. Absolutely hilarious sit-com, with the character of Jeff Murdock amongst the single funniest in sit-com history.

Hail.

Based on what is on Netflix:

Drama

Mad Men

Breaking Bad -> Needs to add Season 4 before last season comes on this summer though

Sons of Anarchy -> Show is completely overlooked but is actually pretty thought provoking and meaningful and the way music is used in the episodes is fantastic.

Comedy

The Office

South Park

Pysch

For a bit of both: The Wonder Years. That's right, it is excellent.

Does anyone know where to watch The Wire? I can't find it anywhere without buying the DVD sets.

I'll just throw in that on a long weekend I watched the entire Jericho series. It only lasted about midway through the second season, but the first season is like 24 episodes or something, each about an hour long. Its about some nukes going off and "the end of the world" in a small town in the Midwest. I wouldn't call it great, but give it about 3 or 4 episodes and see if you like it. I had to ignore that the main character was like McGyver and could do everything. And there was no ending since it got cancelled, but definitely give it a shot.

Breaking Bad is one of the most well done all around shows.

agreed. best on tv right now.

my folks kept going on about Falling Skies and the premiere of season 2 coming up. Gave the 10 episode season 1 a try, and it wasn't bad. Sci-Fi shows aren't easy to do, and it's not bad overall. It's definitely smart having it in summer time though, because I'm not sure it could hold up against other great shows in the fall.

Suits starts back up next Thursday, that's worth watching too I feel.

Get Smart and Taxi. Reverend Jim: A Space Odyssey might be my favorite episode of any TV show of all time.

I was thinking Taxi too. Used to really love that show and haven't seen it in forever. Chris Lloyd, Judd Hirch, Danny Devito... heck even Mary Lou Henner and Tony Danza... heck of a cast, and really smart, funny show.

• 5 months later...

Highly recommend "Life in a Day"-Footage all shot on the same day all around the world.

"The World Without US" -What the world would be like if the US removed itself from the global stage. No matter your political views, this is an excellent watch

Edit: Just realized this is TV suggestion thread, but I doubt there is another netflix thread so whatevs

How about this...

Netflix sucks. I have it and all, but there isn't just the selection that you would want. I could try and get into some of the shows that people are raving about but they don't carry them any longer (or perhaps never did). Dexter for example, they used to have it but not any longer. The used to have Penn and Teller's Bull****, gone. I could search for a number of TV shows or movies that I'd like to see and Netflix doesn't carry. They've got a bunch of garbage that they recommend to you though.

I can put aside the fact that their UI is terrible. I can put aside the fact that they don't get movies or TV shows until long after they've been released on DVD or OnDemand. What really bothers me is that Neflix's selection is complete crap.

How about this...

Netflix sucks. I have it and all, but there isn't just the selection that you would want. I could try and get into some of the shows that people are raving about but they don't carry them any longer (or perhaps never did). Dexter for example, they used to have it but not any longer. The used to have Penn and Teller's Bull****, gone. I could search for a number of TV shows or movies that I'd like to see and Netflix doesn't carry. They've got a bunch of garbage that they recommend to you though.

I can put aside the fact that their UI is terrible. I can put aside the fact that they don't get movies or TV shows until long after they've been released on DVD or OnDemand. What really bothers me is that Neflix's selection is complete crap.

I don't even know why anyone would bother with this stuff. Most people have DISH or DTV. So why not just rent movies on demand? A good many of them are in HD, too. And it's not like it's THAT much more expensive. Plus you don't have to worry with sending stuff back or whatever.

I don't even know why anyone would bother with this stuff. Most people have DISH or DTV. So why not just rent movies on demand? A good many of them are in HD, too. And it's not like it's THAT much more expensive. Plus you don't have to worry with sending stuff back or whatever.

I just do Netflix streaming now. We haven't even used that in like 2 or 3 months either.

I was going to see if I could watch The Wire on Netflix because it's winning the "best cable show" poll by a mile. Nope, Netflix doesn't have it. You know what kind of garbage that they prompt you to watch since they don't have that? Wire in the Blood, Barb Wire, Man on Wire and The Backyard. Those sound like seriously fun movies guys!

It's like that for 90% of the searches I do if I'm looking for something. If I get lucky, they'll have what I'm looking for but at that point I don't feel like watching it any more.

OnDemand is great though. They get movies before Netflix, are in HD and 5.1 surround. We rent about 3 or 4 movies a month through OnDemand. Netflix is putting itself out of relevance and their crap selection is to blame. All of the other flaws I can overlook.

I just do Netflix streaming now. We haven't even used that in like 2 or 3 months either.

I was going to see if I could watch The Wire on Netflix because it's winning the "best cable show" poll by a mile. Nope, Netflix doesn't have it. You know what kind of garbage that they prompt you to watch since they don't have that? Wire in the Blood, Barb Wire, Man on Wire and The Backyard. Those sound like seriously fun movies guys!

It's like that for 90% of the searches I do if I'm looking for something. If I get lucky, they'll have what I'm looking for but at that point I don't feel like watching it any more.

OnDemand is great though. They get movies before Netflix, are in HD and 5.1 surround. We rent about 3 or 4 movies a month through OnDemand. Netflix is putting itself out of relevance and their crap selection is to blame. All of the other flaws I can overlook.

Just yesterday I was talking to my gf about this. We were trying to find something on streaming and the selection is complete ****. I'm considering cancelling it.

I spent about 30 minutes last night tying to find something to watch on Netflix and failed. Last good film I watched on Netflix was Brother Where Art Though which is a Cohen Brothers classic. Generally though I agree with those saying the selection is poor for both films and TV programmes.

• 2 months later...
I spent about 30 minutes last night tying to find something to watch on Netflix and failed. Last good film I watched on Netflix was Brother Where Art Though which is a Cohen Brothers classic. Generally though I agree with those saying the selection is poor for both films and TV programmes.

I seem to do that just about every night when the GF and I sit down to watch Netflix

Archived