Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Netflix TV Series suggestion Thread

SnyderShrugged

Here's the problem with on demand now (at least FIOS)...

You are watching a show (in my case American Horror Story) and you can no longer fast forward it or RESUME PLAYING. So if you have to stop watching the show for any reason, you have to watch the entire episode over again.

F THAT>

I spent about 30 minutes last night tying to find something to watch on Netflix and failed. Last good film I watched on Netflix was Brother Where Art Though which is a Cohen Brothers classic. Generally though I agree with those saying the selection is poor for both films and TV programmes.
Just yesterday I was talking to my gf about this. We were trying to find something on streaming and the selection is complete ****. I'm considering cancelling it.

That's why we went with discs only instead of streaming when they did the price increase. We use it a lot for seeing shows that we missed or that are on pay channels we don't subscribe to. The streaming selection is terrible. Selection of shows on disc is great. 2 at a time, unlimited per month. Not too expensive, and the turn around is fast enough to never be an issue for us.

That's why we went with discs only instead of streaming when they did the price increase. We use it a lot for seeing shows that we missed or that are on pay channels we don't subscribe to. The streaming selection is terrible. Selection of shows on disc is great. 2 at a time, unlimited per month. Not too expensive, and the turn around is fast enough to never be an issue for us.

Hmmm.... Great suggestion!! You probably just sold me.

Especially if you think about it like this... Your favorite show comes on once a week, so you're on the hook waiting for 7 day. You watch one disc of Dexter with 3 episodes, send it out tomorrow, get it in 2 days (1 business day), you're set!!

Seems like some of y'all say there isnt anything on Netflix to watch. Is the reason you have seen everything before or are limiting yourself to specific genres? There are tons of TV shows and movies out there, yes a lot of them are older, but they have some current ones too that are still airing live on TV. I dunno, my queue on the streaming is filled up and I dont ever seem to have a problem finding something to watch on there. The only problem I have is I have the tendency to power through series, so I watch them too fast, like Breaking Bad for example. I watched 4 seasons in 2 weeks.

I recommend Battlestar Galactica (original and the newer), Highlander the Series, Blue Mountain State, Hell on Wheels, Survivors, Jericho, Persons Unknown (if its still available), Flash Forward, Flashpoint, Law and Order SVU/Criminal Intent, White Collar, Walking Dead, Hawaii Five-O, Cheers, Magnum PI, Stargate Universe, Mad Men, etc.

If anyone wants a good horror movie, I suggest VHS.

I would see it on netflix and think, there is no way that can possibly be worth watching (judging based on cover). I heard a couple people say they liked it so I watched 15 min..then 30...then I loved it. I was so wrong. It was very good

Based on your suggestion, watching it now. Just passed the 30 min mark, and its kinda disturbing but I want to watch more lol. And I'm not one typically that enjoys watching movies filmed like that (i.e. paranormal activity and blair witch project). So far, its pretty good.

I loved Warrior, it was one of my favorite movies of the past year. Huge Tom Hardy fan and the ending was fantastic

---------- Post added February-6th-2013 at 09:49 PM ----------

Based on your suggestion, watching it now. Just passed the 30 min mark, and its kinda disturbing but I want to watch more lol. And I'm not one typically that enjoys watching movies filmed like that (i.e. paranormal activity and blair witch project). So far, its pretty good.

It is incredibly disturbing. I didn't care for it. I now have a fear of waking up being....

Spoilers***

Stabbed in the neck.

I loved Warrior, it was one of my favorite movies of the past year. Huge Tom Hardy fan and the ending was fantastic

---------- Post added February-6th-2013 at 09:49 PM ----------

It is incredibly disturbing. I didn't care for it. I now have a fear of waking up being....

Spoilers***

Stabbed in the neck.

Yeah, that one was pretty creepy with the married couple lol. I thought the lake one was stupid. Waiting for the next one. Right now, I'd give it a B-...........Im growing tired of watching the first person perspective through a camcorder lol.

edit: Just watched the one with the webcam and that was pretty weird. Working itself to a B.

Yeah, I have been trying to get some of my friends to watch it, but none of them are interested. Strangely, a lot of them like sports movies like Invincible, but they think because they don't like MMA that they won't like the movie.

I am AMAZED that no one has mentioned Jericho yet!

I dont even want to do it injustice by trying to describe it but its about how a small town survives after a Nuclear Apacolypse. One of those shows that has you wanting to go home and watch it while your at work...

Also:

The Walking Dead is much deeper than I expected. (It is So much more than a zombie thrasher)

Stargate Universe: has a different feel than the other Stargate Series. The characters are extremely relateable, as most of them are normal people. This is one of my favorite shows of all time but I know some people cant allow themselves to watch Sci-fi without feeling like a nerd.

Anyone else seen Jericho?

I am AMAZED that no one has mentioned Jericho yet!

I dont even want to do it injustice by trying to describe it but its about how a small town survives after a Nuclear Apacolypse. One of those shows that has you wanting to go home and watch it while your at work...

Also:

The Walking Dead is much deeper than I expected. (It is So much more than a zombie thrasher)

Stargate Universe: has a different feel than the other Stargate Series. The characters are extremely relateable, as most of them are normal people. This is one of my favorite shows of all time but I know some people cant allow themselves to watch Sci-fi without feeling like a nerd.

Anyone else seen Jericho?

Yes, I mentioned it above in an earlier post. Great show, wish it went more than two seasons. I loved SG-U as well, hated to see it cancelled so soon as it was pretty much the back ground story on how the Stargate system was even started across the entire universe. It had potential to be up there with SG1 and Atlantis, but Atlantis will still always be my favorite one in the brand. Ronin is just too bad ass.

I'm still pissed they removed SG1 and Atlantis from streaming, I love watching re-runs while gaming on my PC.

Archived