Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Netflix TV Series suggestion Thread

SnyderShrugged

Our family has moved almost exclusively into watching TV series on Netflix rather than on television. We like being able to watch episodes back to back and not have to wait a week for cliff hanger results.

Our problem though, is that we are running out of good series that we hgavent seen yet.

Could you be so kind as to share your favorites, especially the more obscure hidden gems, here so we can add them to our queue?

Thanks!

Some of our favorites have been Sons of Anarchy, Tudors, Weeds, Spartacus, etc

Rome. Lost. The first couple seasons of 24.

Re: Heroes, I suggest you stop after Season 1. It's a big drop-off

Freaks & Geeks. GREAT show. Very disappointing that it got canceled after one season. But definitely worth watching that season.

Try Jeremiah, its pretty bad ass. Its a gem me and the wife found.

Jeremiah is a great show, and set in an alternate universe where Luke Perry can act. :)

Be prepared for disappointment, though... J. Michael Straczynski (probably not our JMS, since I'm guessing he can spell... :silly:) had a falling out with Showtime, and the second season ends rather abruptly (it's a little like what happened to Babylon 5 in season 4).

Good stuff, though.

Another good one, if you haven't seen it, is Prison Break, though I highly recommend you stop after season 2, when it gets stupid. No one does, of course, because season 1 (especially) and 2 are so good, and I remember thinking (I was warned too), "Oh, it can't be that bad, and I want to know what happens..." Trust me. Season 4 is that bad. It was so bad we stopped watching it with 6 episodes left to go, and we'll likely never finish. It's the most dramatic plunge I've ever seen a show take.

TB, we had similar opinions of prison break, though I stopped at the beginning of season 3.

Very wise. Believe it or not, as bad as season 3 was (though it had its moments), season 4 was worse.

I generally only watch TV with my wife, and she wanted to keep watching, so I stuck it out, but even she gave up during season 4. Awful.

Our family has moved almost exclusively into watching TV series on Netflix rather than on television. We like being able to watch episodes back to back and not have to wait a week for cliff hanger results.

Our problem though, is that we are running out of good series that we hgavent seen yet.

Could you be so kind as to share your favorites, especially the more obscure hidden gems, here so we can add them to our queue?

Thanks!

Some of our favorites have been Sons of Anarchy, Tudors, Weeds, Spartacus, etc

I used to be a big fan of Weeds, but it's kind of gotten a little too far-fetched with them moving all over the country on the run and all.

Some recommendations that haven't seen listed:

Mad Men, the Big C, Nurse Jackie,

Will try to think of more.

I used to be a big fan of Weeds, but it's kind of gotten a little too far-fetched with them moving all over the country on the run and all.

Some recommendations that haven't seen listed:

Mad Men, the Big C, Nurse Jackie,

Will try to think of more.

The wife loved Nurse Jackie, but I really wasnt keen on it. We tried Mad Men, but just the first 2 episodes, had trouble getting into it. Is it worth another shot?

Never heard of the Big C. Have to look into that one. Thanks!

The wife loved Nurse Jackie, but I really wasnt keen on it. We tried Mad Men, but just the first 2 episodes, had trouble getting into it. Is it worth another shot?

Never heard of the Big C. Have to look into that one. Thanks!

I'd give Mad Men another shot. The first few episodes were kind of slow but eventually things got rolling along.

The Big C is about a woman who is diagnosed with cancer and how she responds to it. There's only one season out right now, it just ended. My girlfriend got me watching it but I ended up enjoying it...it's a lot more lighthearted than it sounds.

Archived