Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That about sums me up.

There's a part of me that thinks whoever we draft will bust the guy picked at 4 or 5 will be a dominant player for years to come, but thats probably just the curse talking.

Curse talk is real talk.

Seriously though, I don't think we'll take a bust so long as we stick to the beaten path of conventional wisdom.

The crazy thing about this top six this year is that the only guy out of the group that seems to have some heavy bust factor is Drummond. He's the only one who doesn't already know how to play/have an elite motor/both. The other five guys are really safe picks.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 07:21 PM ----------

would love to see us trade back to 6 and pick up 11 in the process....then we could grab whoever is left out of my top 3 and then pick someone else up as well

I'm good with that too. I like all of the players in the top six for us, not going to be disappointed with a pick at six unless we deviate from that group. 11 would just be a bonus.

Dude who was supposed take this extra ticket i have. I had someone who was going to go, but he's not even an NBA fan, let alone a Wiz fan. And I really wanted a Wiz fan to get this ticket. You saw my Facebook post. Put the same thing on here, on wizardsextreme, twitter, hell, even in the Wizards subreddit on reddit. Mr. Awesome on here wanted it. He's allegedly in DC but he can't answer his phone for some reason, just texts. I set it up so the ticket. Is waiting for him at will call and everything. And he's been bull****ting for the last hour plus. The latest was that he had an accident, his word, and whatever bar he's at and now he can't leave.

Seriously dude, you're a ****ing piece of ****. You went above and beyond faking. I hope your "accident" entails alcohol poisoning and getting hit by a ****ing metro bus.

Sounds like a female I used to talk to, they must be related and I know why you're heated :ols:

Anyway, I hope you still have a great time and don't let that ruin your night.

Edited by spjunkies

Honestly, Quincy Miller is somebody that I wouldn't mind trading back into the first to get. Wasn't he supposed to be a lottery pick? If we could get him and TRob, then that'd be a great draft.

There was a point when Q Miller was like a top 3 or 4 recruit in last year's HS class and getting burn for the first overall HS recruit ranking. MKG was the near consensus #1 recruit for years, Austin Rivers came up fast and late with some services, and Q Miller was the third guy getting talk in that range too. Then Anthony Davis took the recruiting world by storm as a senior after his growth spurt. Davis's rise was really unprecedented.

Also, people didn't expect Drummond to be in last year's class. He was the #1 recruit in his H.S. class until he moved up a year early during that summer. He would have been ranked very high.

Miller was getting called things like "Baby KD" at one point but he tore his knee up his senior season of HS and really fell off the map. He wasn't fully healthy last season and Baylor is kind of a mess. They ruined the draft stock of Perry Jones with misuse too. Remember there was a point at the beginning of last year where PJIII was the #2 recruit and a possible #1 overall pick.

Long story short, Miller could be much, much better than people expect him to be. His upside could be very high.

And they just interviewed Phil and Bobby Dandridge (met him too--talk about spaced out, wow) but the sound is ****ed so you can't hear anything (and you see how close I am). Overall though, I think the experience is much better than last year. Place is packed way more and there's just more to do.

There was a point when Q Miller was like a top 3 or 4 recruit in last year's HS class and getting burn for the first overall HS recruit ranking. MKG was the near consensus #1 recruit for years, Austin Rivers came up fast and late with some services, and Q Miller was the third guy getting talk in that range too. Then Anthony Davis took the recruiting world by storm as a senior after his growth spurt. Davis's rise was really unprecedented.

Also, people didn't expect Drummond to be in last year's class. He was the #1 recruit in his H.S. class until he moved up a year early during that summer. He would have been ranked very high.

Miller was getting called things like "Baby KD" at one point but he tore his knee up his senior season of HS and really fell off the map. He wasn't fully healthy last season and Baylor is kind of a mess. They ruined the draft stock of Perry Jones with misuse too. Remember there was a point at the beginning of last year where PJIII was the #2 recruit and a possible #1 overall pick.

Long story short, Miller could be much, much better than people expect him to be. His upside could be very high.

Exactly, and I remember these things. And the thing that stands out to me is that if we're getting rid of Blatche, this is the kind of guy that Ernie may want to take a risk on, especially with a second round pick where nothing's guaranteed. But I'd love to get him and he could be a potential steal for us. Draft Express has him going bottom of the first so I never thought about it, but if he drops to the second we should take him without blinking.

Dude who was supposed take this extra ticket i have. I had someone who was going to go, but he's not even an NBA fan, let alone a Wiz fan. And I really wanted a Wiz fan to get this ticket. You saw my Facebook post. Put the same thing on here, on wizardsextreme, twitter, hell, even in the Wizards subreddit on reddit. Mr. Awesome on here wanted it. He's allegedly in DC but he can't answer his phone for some reason, just texts. I set it up so the ticket. Is waiting for him at will call and everything. And he's been bull****ting for the last hour plus. The latest was that he had an accident, his word, and whatever bar he's at and now he can't leave.

Seriously dude, you're a ****ing piece of ****. You went above and beyond faking. I hope your "accident" entails alcohol poisoning and getting hit by a ****ing metro bus.

Wow dude. Really? I tell you something personal and then you post it all over the board like this? Some classy guy you are. I was feeling bad and thought I would go anyway after what happened, but I'm glad I saw this first. You are a grade-a jackass.

I have never seen such desperation, not even from crazy ex girlfriends...you're butthurt all of a sudden, but not one person wanted to go with you. What does that tell you? Now I see why they all flaked on you.

Nice classy ending btw too - especially after what happened to that guy royallypwned.

Edited by Mr Awesome

Crowd shot

20120628_193411.jpg

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 07:39 PM ----------

Wow dude. Really? I tell you something personal and then you post it all over the board like this? Some classy guy you are. I was feeling bad and thought I would go anyway after what happened, but I'm glad I saw this first. You are a grade-a jackass.

I have never seen such desperation, not even from crazy ex girlfriends...you're butthurt all of a sudden, but not one person wanted to go with you. What does that tell you? Now I see why they all flaked on you.

Nice classy ending btw too - especially after what happened to that guy royallypwned.

Ok dude. Keep bull****ting. Nobody cares.