Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

In that Drummond video "weaknesses" segment where the guy is just taking all kinds of bad shots around the rim, no credit seems to be given to the fact he's utterly mauling all of those dudes when he backs them down. He gave one guy a bump that sent him off court. The kid is an absolute freak. How can he not go second overall?

Aren't there questions about his desire to be good/great and questions about him seemingly disappearing in big games?

No way to know who the pick is since we won't know what Charlotte will do with Cleveland's offer on the table. I think you are safe being here.

Yeah. There is no telling what to believe at this point.

Charlotte is really holding the keys to the top six right now. I think that slot ends up being TRob or Beal with an outside chance at Drummond. No telling what team makes that pick though.

Aren't there questions about his desire to be good/great and questions about him seemingly disappearing in big games?

I'm not convinced it's a desire issue so much as it's a "doesn't know how to play the game yet" issue. Look at all the points in his favor and they're derived from instinct and natural ability--finishing, shotblocking, offensive rebounding. Then look at his weaknesses and they are all from inexperience and lack of awareness--defensive rebounding, lack of go to offensive moves, passing/decision making.

If he ever puts it all together though, watch out. He's even bigger and more powerful than Dwight Howard and Amare Stoudemire. And he's faster and more explosive than Andrew Bynum.

My wishlist is MKG, T-Rob and then Beal.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 07:15 PM ----------

I like TRob but we have a massive cluster**** of bigs as it is.

I don't think you should pass up a legit PF because of a cluttered roster. And to be honest, besides Nene, this team doesn't really have any NBA quality PF's.

who is mr. awesome?

Dude who was supposed take this extra ticket i have. I had someone who was going to go, but he's not even an NBA fan, let alone a Wiz fan. And I really wanted a Wiz fan to get this ticket. You saw my Facebook post. Put the same thing on here, on wizardsextreme, twitter, hell, even in the Wizards subreddit on reddit. Mr. Awesome on here wanted it. He's allegedly in DC but he can't answer his phone for some reason, just texts. I set it up so the ticket. Is waiting for him at will call and everything. And he's been bull****ting for the last hour plus. The latest was that he had an accident, his word, and whatever bar he's at and now he can't leave.

Seriously dude, you're a ****ing piece of ****. You went above and beyond faking. I hope your "accident" entails alcohol poisoning and getting hit by a ****ing metro bus.

I like TRob but we have a massive cluster**** of bigs as it is.

Nothing that won't sort itself out in a year or two though. We can deal Booker pretty easily and Okafor will be gone in a year or two. Problem solved. Think of how nice it would be to have a true blue athletic PF that can rebound, score, and defend.

I also think it'd be real beneficial to have Okafor and Nene around to teach a young guy like TRob and provide an example for him. They are such high IQ players. Hopefully some of that would rub off on him.

Still have a hole at SG, but that's something you can address easier than a PF issue. Deal or sign a shooter until the right option comes along. I'd take a look at Willie Green, Gerald Green, Patrick Mills, or maybe trade with San Antonio for Davis Bertans to name a few specific options. I'd also look at someone like Quincy Miller if he made it to the second, or Doron Lamb/William Buford/John Jenkins. All of those guys can shred the nets as they say.

Competent offensive off ball SG play is probably the most available resource in the NBA. We're lucky in that having John Wall allows us to feature a very incomplete player at that other spot.

My wishlist is MKG, T-Rob and then Beal.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 07:15 PM ----------

I don't think you should pass up a legit PF because of a cluttered roster. And to be honest, besides Nene, this team doesn't really have any NBA quality PF's.

i'm in the exact same boat as you... Actually, i kind of don't want Beal. Good player, but i don't like undersized SGs..