Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Interesting.

Do you think they had Waiters over Beal on their board? If we take T-Rob, they take Beal, right?

I can't see any way they had Waiters over Beal though. Everyone thought Beal was the best SG in the class. That would be just too incredible for me to believe.

I just don't see how a 6'3 6th man goes as high as Waiters did in such a good class. Cleveland reaches with 4th overall picks apparently.

Barnes and Drummond still on the board. If Barnes falls much further, we should seriously consider dealing to get him.

Vesely, Boooker, and next year's top 8 protected first for him. Make that deal?

Hmm I'd seriously consider it. I hope we shake things up and make a potential move.

I love watching the NBA draft unfold, more than the NFL draft.

I think it's way more unpredictable. IIRC the only pick in the 1st in this past NFL draft that surprised anyone was Seattle picking that pass rusher from WVU

Edit: Bruce Irvin right?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Barnes and Drummond still on the board. If Barnes falls much further, we should seriously consider dealing to get him.

Vesely, Boooker, and next year's top 8 protected first for him. Make that deal?

I would just make it an unprotected pick outright. I mean getting Barnes what would be the chances of getting a high lottery pick? and what would the chances of that guy being better than Barnes...... not too likely at all

I really like that each pick is a surprise and they don't ruin the suspense.

Another element is all of the trades you find out about after the fact. The teams don't stop dealing.

Unrelated: surprised the Warriors went Barnes over Drummond. He doesn't really change them all that much. Drummond could be that game changing C they're looking for.

I would just make it an unprotected pick outright. I mean getting Barnes what would be the chances of getting a high lottery pick? and what would the chances of that guy being better than Barnes...... not too likely at all

Oh I agree. I think we're a playoff team next season. With Barnes too, I think it'd be a lock.

You think Golden State would trade Barnes for that package I mentioned before?

Also, how about Sacramento's front court? Wow. They're about to get good IMO.

Also, does this make DeMarcus Cousins more expendable? Wall + Beal + Cousins in 2014/2015? :fingersx:

Cousins moves to center as TRib is a true PF. They could have a heck of a front court there if the get the right guard and/or offense.