Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Stern must be used to getting booed by now.

Celtics got Sully. If someone had made this claim to weeks ago they'd have been crazy. They got very good value.

He's an interesting fit there. Better version of Big Baby. Celtics know how to develop bigs too. I think he's a substantial upgrade over Brandon Bass, and Bass is a nice starter.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 09:41 PM ----------

Rockets are in limbo right now. Tons of B level guys on their roster to eke out a late playoff spot for years to come. But they need to make a move for an A lister. That's a group entirely comprised of good role players.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 09:43 PM ----------

I'm not really getting the symbolism of the ladder.

The ONLY reason a player like Perry Jones III falls this far in the draft is if he doesn't love basketball.

6'11 with a 7'2 wingspan that runs like a point guard and jumps out of the gym + can face up and shoot from range.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perry Jones doesn't even really like playing basketball all that much. That he wouldn't really be happier doing something else but the money is too good and everyone around him has been pushing him into basketball his entire life because of the insane gifts he was born with.

Bosh is the perfect mentor for PJ3.... But the heat need a center bad. I bet their fans were hoping Fab Melo would fall to them.

They got a fat boy from Texas last year. They should just keep loading up on shooters and rebounders now that LeBron James has become this monstrous amalgam of Larry Bird, Karl Malone, and Magic Johnson. Find guys to keep knocking down those wide open threes.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 10:09 PM ----------

I guess Stern felt like he wasn't getting booed enough to come out and announce that pick right away.