Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

LOL what's with the histrionics guys? It's a second round pick in the NBA draft. You all realize these picks are worth exactly nothing and have like a -28% hit rate right?

Might as well make a pick that has a 5% chance of being good that makes sense, instead of a 1% chance of being good in like 4 years (not to mention apparently he can't shoot which is exactly what we don't need). If we go into the mentality that we should throw away our late round picks then we should probably just mail it in as a franchise and get a loser tattoo on our metaphorical foreheads.

Here's what his profile says... who knows, maybe it's trie...

A cross between Rudy Fernandez and Evan Turner, big, a good athlete with more point guard skills than Fernandez.

What Insiders say:

Chad Ford, ESPN

“Satoransky is one of the most talented young international players in the draft and is one of the very few players who could get a look in the first round. He’s a great athlete and he’s very, very active. He can play multiple positions, but needs to improve that jump shot.”

Luka Bassin, International Scout and Coach

“Satoransky is the European prospect with the greatest potential in this NBA Draft. He has solid high level European experience, is mobile, with god size and a high basketball IQ. He’s very athletic and can create for himself or his teammates. He’s worth a late first round pick.”

We have a roster full of guys with quickness who can throw it down.

I want to see highlights of the guy hitting open jumpshots

Meh, the pick would have had an uphill battle just to make the roster as the last guy on the bench. At least picking a guy on a Euro team means we can stash him in case we actually need him down the line.

No rookie second round shooter would be as good or as valuable a shooter as the most vet minimum Cartier Martinesque shooter we could pick up for next to nothing in FA.

Stashing Euros can be very good business. Look at how often San Antonio does it.

I'm OK with that. About to go look up highlight clips for him. From what they showed it looks like the dude has some quickness and can throw it down.

Quincy Miller made a mistake coming out this year.

A mistake that we could have benefited from. Ah well though. I don't care too much any more. He's coming off an injury so maybe he's not back yet or maybe he'll never be back. I will be sad if he or Lamb turns out to be better than this guy we drafted though. But you never know in a draft.

No he isn't. Trust me, I watched him because he had III in his name like RG3. I kept an eye on him during the college basketball season. He wasn't that good this season. He started off well but tapered off.

I just don't see the talent there anymore.

Same could be said for Harrison Barnes. Jones will be fine.

The bulletsforever thread descends into madness right after that 2nd pick. I enjoyed Jim Americas prediction just before the pick.

Here comes Webster Papadopolous

by Jim America

Followed by...

Called it

by Jim America

Edited by Destino

"Satoransky is very talented guard who possesses standout athletic ability by European standards. (He was a two-time Slam Dunk Contest champion while playing in the NBL, and he also won the ACB League Slam Dunk Contest in 2010.)" http://www.truthaboutit.net/2012/06/who-the-heck-is-tomas-satoransky-czech-republic-washington-wizards-nba-draft.html

Sign Him!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm

great

next year we should just abdicate our 2nd round picks.

It'd probably be just as productive.

How many 2nd rounders become long term contributors for NBA teams. 8 or 9 a decade?

They could honestly do away with the second round and it would probably be beneficial for the players going in that range. At least they could negotiate freely with whoever they wanted.

How many 2nd rounders become long term contributors for NBA teams. 8 or 9 a decade?

They could honestly do away with the second round and it would probably be beneficial for the players going in that range. At least they could negotiate freely with whoever they wanted.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe one of our starters we recently traded for was picked in the 2nd round. I would call that contributing.

Barnes obviously isnt tho

Barnes will make it a long time as a Pro. He's been a winner with an aggressive scoring mentality. I wouldn't be surprised at all if PJIII finds himself in a new line of work by the end of his rookie deal.

They're not even in the same discussion as prospects.

In a normal year, I would agree with you, but this draft was ridiculously deep. I would've rather had Quincy Miller sitting on our bench for a year or two than taking a chance on Satoransky.

Barnes will make it a long time as a Pro. He's been a winner with an aggressive scoring mentality. I wouldn't be surprised at all if PJIII finds himself in a new line of work by the end of his rookie deal.

They're not even in the same discussion as prospects.

Barnes has stiff hips and who is going to get him the ball in Golden State? And his heart pumps kool aid without a point guard.

Jones will be good for OKC, great situation for him. He will be the 7th man after Harden and will ball with no pressure.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan