Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That's a quality tank loss and Bilal had a strong game. I hope that WUJ is under orders to not really try to win a given game, cause if he is coaching to win, he's really bad. The Wiz announcers actually criticized him not using the challenge at the end of the game. 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, purbeast said:

I was following a bit but did Kuzma sit the whole 4th until like 3 minutes left?   Or was he in earlier in the quarter then sat and came back in?

Kuz and the rest of the starters sat most of the 4th. Wright, Bilal, Kispert, Deni and PBJ built a solid lead for the Wiz. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

That's a quality tank loss and Bilal had a strong game. I hope that WUJ is under orders to not really try to win a given game, cause if he is coaching to win, he's really bad. The Wiz announcers actually criticized him not using the challenge at the end of the game. 

Anyone telling a coach to try not to win shouldn't be in sports.

It's one thing for fans to want to tank, but can't have it both ways on developing these players then asking the same man to sabatoge them for draft picks.

Wizards have gotten better...used to be games were over by 1st quarter, at least the last two were very competitive when I expected them not to be.

If we aren't gonna be good, we need to show signs to be getting better. This was a good sign.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Anyone telling a coach to try not to win shouldn't be in sports.

It's one thing for fans to want to tank, but can't have it both ways on developing these players then asking the same man to sabatoge them for draft picks.

Wizards have gotten better...used to be games were over by 1st quarter, at least the last two were very competitive when I expected them not to be.

If we aren't gonna be good, we need to show signs to be getting better. This was a good sign.

The players are never asked to tank a game so it's not sabotaging a players development, but a coach can play his younger players more knowing that probably isn't in the best interest of winning the game they are playing. 

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

What the Wiz really need is for Kuz and Poole to put together a run of solid performances, so they can get some decent future considerations at trade deadline time.

I doubt Poole gets moved this season. I would not be surprised to see Gafford, Kuz, Shamet, Wright, and Jones all gone in the next two weeks. 

Look at us "Wizards fans".  Deep in our hearts we know that our pre-tank future was fighting for the 5th to 9th seed perpetually.  Sadly, John Wall and Beal and Arenas and all the players we loved.... couldn't get us to championship contendee.

The only way we get a championship is to draft a talent... or 2 or 3.  

What we are doing now... is the only way.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Look at us "Wizards fans".  Deep in our hearts we know that our pre-tank future was fighting for the 5th to 9th seed perpetually.  Sadly, John Wall and Beal and Arenas and all the players we loved.... couldn't get us to championship contendee.

The only way we get a championship is to draft a talent... or 2 or 3.  

What we are doing now... is the only way.

You’re right, this is necessary. It’s pretty damned miserable though. 

• Sad 1

Once we saw / knew Beal couldn’t lead this team anywhere, we all called for a complete tear down.  Now we’re doing exactly that which means a **** ton of losses.  We asked for it and we’re getting it.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:43 AM, Rocky21 said:

Once we saw / knew Beal couldn’t lead this team anywhere, we all called for a complete tear down.  Now we’re doing exactly that which means a **** ton of losses.  We asked for it and we’re getting it.

I despise tanking and even I know thisnwas where we finally were and no other way out of it.

They are playing better and deserve credit for that, as a fan I hate feeling like I'm being hypocritical with them.  it wasn't fun to watch them lose games 5-10 minutes in.  that's slowed down, I've already bought tickets to the Laker game.

I'm also convinced we do NOT want to trade Kuzma and jus being pragmatic in case someone makes a desperate offer for him...that's why the asking price is so high. 

That doesn't tell me he's the star they plan to build around but more how much more shrewd this front office is now...I can respect that.

• Like 1