Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

If Deni and Kispert are who you are building around, then you are ****ed from the get go lol.

Kispert isn't even a starter HERE.  Think about how "not good" you are if you can't even start on the Wizards.

And Deni would be on the bench on any competent team.

I think you’re underestimating Deni. He’s turned himself into a good three and D player. He’s shooting 40% from three, 50% from the field, and is a terrific on ball defender. He could start for a winner.

the problem is, what I just described is a role player. You can’t build around role players. None of the young players this team has drafted look even remotely like stars. 

They are all so damn inconsistent.  Kuz shows up 75% of the time.  But Poole has been about 30% and Deni about 50% (less that since the all star break).  Combine that with trash defense...  

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I think you’re underestimating Deni. He’s turned himself into a good three and D player. He’s shooting 40% from three, 50% from the field, and is a terrific on ball defender. He could start for a winner.

the problem is, what I just described is a role player. You can’t build around role players. None of the young players this team has drafted look even remotely like stars. 

Yah a role player is definitely what he is, would probably come off the bench on the top teams though, not even start.  Regardless of those stats, I watch a bit and follow the wizards quite closely, and he is too up and down. I find those numbers misleading, regardless of them being true.  If you go 5/6 from the 3 and score 20 points, then next game you go 1/6 and score 5, it's just not consistent enough.  His points production is just so up and down and you can't rely on him to be productive night in and out.

Everyone (not saying you, but like just the overall vibe) though he "arrived" after he scored 40, then came out and scored 5 points the next game.  That 40 game was a fluke.  

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I mean dude is out there playing with Luka and Kyrie instead of Kuzma and Deni.

I think anyone would do better playing with the former.

Better?

He set a record.

At 25 years old.

If the case is that the pick we got will be in his prime when he's hitting 30, then why TF is Kuzma still here?

We still showing we have no idea how to develop the talent we already have, which was jus as big if not a bigger problem then getting the talent in the first place.

I'm lost because we lost. Still.

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Better?

He set a record.

At 25 years old.

If the case is that the pick we got will be in his prime when he's hitting 30, then why TF is Kuzma still here?

We still showing we have no idea how to develop the talent we already have, which was jus as big if not a bigger problem then getting the talent in the first place.

I'm lost because we lost. Still.

Well yeah that is nothing new with this team lol.  They aren't exactly known as having the best GM or oganization in the league or anything.

The organization has made it clear that it isn’t about winning

hard to expect the players to put in any real effort or care when that’s the case

my assumption is always that any other team would get more out of any one of our players, if they could just escape this pathetic org

much the same as the Snyder era redskins/commanders. 

2 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Damn.  Gafford broke Wilt Chamerlain’s record for consecutive field goals made.  Wilt ****in’ Chamberlain.  

I’m happy for him, but let’s not flip our lids.  Kid only “shoots” lobs from Luka/Kyrie and the occasional putback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2024 at 6:49 AM, Rocky21 said:

Damn.  Gafford broke Wilt Chamerlain’s record for consecutive field goals made.  Wilt ****in’ Chamberlain.  

No he didn't.

Wilt had 35 and Gafford missed his first shot last night after having 33 in a row.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Why did we trade gafford again? 

To get a young center that hopefully develops into what Gafford already is at 25?

Idk, your guess is good as mine, too many holes in the logic of something that was sold as being logical.

This roster is now so fd up we got an overworked Kuzma playing the 5 more.  We were already losing before the trade...*sigh...

I've been watching some Wiz the past few games and it's just embarrassing half the time.

Yesterday they had a 3-1 fast break and messed it up and then the Rockets came down on their own break and hit a 3 pointer.  Stuff like that was happening all night lol.

The body language of most of the team is awful too.  Like you can tell most of them are just going through the motions.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

The body language of most of the team is awful too.  Like you can tell most of them are just going through the motions.

What should we expect when they are being sabotaged by the front office to increase odds of higher picks for their replacements?

Again, damn fine plan to get high lottery picks, but NOT how you build a winning culture or develop anyone already here.

The wizards make Ron Riveras Commanders look competent. 

Back to losing ways. 

I just don't know why anyone would support this team. Listen I get pain. I love the pain. I'm a Redskins fan. all we knew for 20 years was pain. but that was different. 

This team from the ownership down gives me zero hope for the future. zero. the gm literally gave up gafford for nothing. tore Beal apart, dealt kristaps, and for what? What did we get? 

Edited by ixcuincle