Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 3/16/2024 at 11:54 PM, ixcuincle said:

This team from the ownership down gives me zero hope for the future. zero. the gm literally gave up gafford for nothing. tore Beal apart, dealt kristaps, and for what? What did we get? 

We got a 1st round pick for Gafford.

It's not gonna be impressive until we hit our lottery picks.  We don't know that until 3 to 4 years.  That's how the NBA is. Milwaukee was trash until Giannis.  Minnesota is just starting to get somewhere with KAT and Edwards.  There were a lot of lottery picks between. Even Philly before Embiid. 

I think, aside from the Warriors with the obvious Curry/Klay/Draymond core drafting.  The Heat are pretty good at talent evaluation.  The Jazz also seem to overhit their draft picks. 

We love to armchair GM.  But GMing is not easy.

It can be made eaiser by just keeping porzingis and gafford and at least avoiding a total tank job this year in a lame draft class. Again, not a fan of what Winger is doing so far, but I'm just an armchair GM. Basically he blew it all up with very little return. This was the wrong year to do a rebuild. It should have been done last year tanking for Wemby.

Instead this team gon have like 10-15 wins in a horrific year, worst in a long time, and by Wizards standards that's saying a lot. ****, their 16 game losing streak set records lol

Also forgot the scripted lottery. Watch Wiz luck out of the #1 pick lol.

And even when they did get the #1 pick with Wall they had a few playoff years and never reached a conference championship. Wizards fan life is pain. Worse pain than being a Redskins fan. 1979.

Yeah I mean in general I like to keep our players healthy, never know how something like that can linger.  But yes, I agree the coaching staff sucks.  

When is the last time the Wizards had a good head coach?  Clearly that has contributed to their malaise.  All these young players need some guidance.  If the Wizards are ever going to be competitive, they need a great head coach to help develop the talent.  It all starts with drafting the right guy, but you also need leadership.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 10:58 AM, ixcuincle said:

It can be made eaiser by just keeping porzingis and gafford and at least avoiding a total tank job this year in a lame draft class. Again, not a fan of what Winger is doing so far, but I'm just an armchair GM. Basically he blew it all up with very little return. This was the wrong year to do a rebuild. It should have been done last year tanking for Wemby.

Instead this team gon have like 10-15 wins in a horrific year, worst in a long time, and by Wizards standards that's saying a lot. ****, their 16 game losing streak set records lol

Also forgot the scripted lottery. Watch Wiz luck out of the #1 pick lol.

And even when they did get the #1 pick with Wall they had a few playoff years and never reached a conference championship. Wizards fan life is pain. Worse pain than being a Redskins fan. 1979.

They couldn't keep KP.  Once they traded Beal and did the rebuild, he was out.  He would have opted out and gone to Utah if need be (they had the cap space).  We did what we could.  I didn't like trading Gafford initially, but I understand it.  We're not resigning him in two years.  Might as well get a 1st to look at instead.

Look, the Wizards are basically an expansion team.  Every other team in the NBA has a baseline of lotto picks and young talent.  We don't.  Because of Leonsis's pure idiocy of not trading Beal, we have nothing in terms of starting a rebuild.  This is going to take 4-5 years at least.  

You wonder why Leonsis can't get his stupid arena?  Because he's a complete moron.  Who else authorizes selling of 2nd round picks for cash multiple times?  You know Jordan Clarkson was drafted by the Wizards and sold to the Lakers for straight cash?  You know Leonsis could have simply resigned Bogdan Bogdonovich instead of letting him go to Indiana?  He was too cheap to pay the luxury tax.  You know he got Bogdan because we wanted to lessen his tax burden (only time he's ever paid the tax) and traded away a first rounder that turned out to be Jarrett Allen?  He's been sucking off the teat of tax-paying teams his entire tenure.  Most despicable owner in the NBA by far.  Worst production value from his stupid Monumental TV.  Complete sycophants as his announcers (it was embarrassing listening to them try and prop up Johnny Davis last night).  JUST SAY HE'S A BUST!!!  Stupid superimposed ads on the court ruin the watching experience.  They don't even broadcast the games fully.  Instead, they have these stupid sideline interviews during the game.  WHO CARES!!!

You know our announcers are high up in the rafters calling the game because Leonsis is so greedy that he wanted more sellable court-side seats?  Other team announcers clown the fact they have to sit up so high when doing Wizards games.  You think the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, etc. are doing such things?

Look how he treated Buck & Phil?  Look how he's treated the longtime organist for the Caps.  Look how he was too cheap to resign a coach who won the cup for him?  He's an utter coward and worse than Snyder IMO.

He took public money to build his stupid practice facility 5 years ago and it is wholly inadequate according to everyone.  Look up David Aldridge's excellent article about it in the The Athletic.  I root for everything despicable to happen to him.  Most contemptible owner I've ever seen.  Complete coward who won't do any interviews with anyone who isn't a toadie.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, mhd24 said:

They couldn't keep KP.  Once they traded Beal and did the rebuild, he was out.  He would have opted out and gone to Utah if need be (they had the cap space).  We did what we could.  I didn't like trading Gafford initially, but I understand it.  We're not resigning him in two years.  Might as well get a 1st to look at instead.

Look, the Wizards are basically an expansion team.  Every other team in the NBA has a baseline of lotto picks and young talent.  We don't.  Because of Leonsis's pure idiocy of not trading Beal, we have nothing in terms of starting a rebuild.  This is going to take 4-5 years at least.  

I do agree this is gonna take a while but I do hope that they are able to move Kuzma for 2 firsts this off-season to help move things along. He had a strong game against the Kings, and they've wanted him for a while. There will be other teams interested in adding him, especially on his contract. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

I was with ya, up until here.

Nobody is worse than Snyder…except, maybe, a certain orange wannabe dictator.

Maybe personally not (although the way he treated Buck & Phil screams volumes about his personal character IMO).  Snyder got rightfully crucified for his treatment of Frank.  Leonsis got nothing for how awful he was to Buck & Phil.  

There's too much smoke out there about how awful Leonsis really is.  KD wouldn't even give the Wizards a meeting when he was a FA!  That tells you how much of a joke he is to the rest of the NBA.  

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Maybe personally not (although the way he treated Buck & Phil screams volumes about his personal character IMO).  Snyder got rightfully crucified for his treatment of Frank.  Leonsis got nothing for how awful he was to Buck & Phil.  

There's too much smoke out there about how awful Leonsis really is.  KD wouldn't even give the Wizards a meeting when he was a FA!  That tells you how much of a joke he is to the rest of the NBA.  

Believe me, I have no argument with you about Leonsis. He is, by all accounts, a rich cheapskate, and asshole. Snyder, however, is on a whole ‘nother level.

Unfortunately, we, as Washington sports fans, have had to put up with their garbage for decades. One of them is gone. Now, we can only hope the other is not far behind.

Perhaps a coordinated campaign to highlight all of his transgressions could take root in the DMV, and put enough pressure on Leonsis, that he would begin to consider whether this is worth it?

3 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

I know you guys have checked out on this season.  I have too 😊 but really entertaining game last night.  Beat the Bucks.

I'll be at Laker game tonight, if this Poole at PG thing is legit, it'll show up tonight because we'll need it.

There's no way out of his contract, him turning into our starting PG is best case scenario for us.

• Like 1