Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Consensus in here and abroad on that one, getting A+ for taking Aaliyah over Reese.

It's probably the right move. My point was that Reese would probably get you more national attention and a few more nationally televised games. Last night on ESPN is was about Clark and Reese and showing their pressers. I didn't see anything from players drafted to other teams. 

42 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

It's probably the right move. My point was that Reese would probably get you more national attention and a few more nationally televised games. Last night on ESPN is was about Clark and Reese and showing their pressers. I didn't see anything from players drafted to other teams. 

I feel you and was talking to my Wife bout it.

Her feeling is you win and advertise that, folks will come...that's better than being cool but suck.

Drafting a player for ratings reminds of Rui and Dani us trying to build an international brand and getting fans from Japan and Israel.  No, you build an international brand by winning, full stop.

Reese is local from Baltimore and played at MD under Brenda freese

would have been nice to see her back in the dmv 

"Reese often attended Washington Mystics games and drew inspiration from Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) players Candace Parker and Maya Moore, as well as former National Basketball Association (NBA) player and Baltimore native Muggsy Bogues.[5][6]  "

Edited by ixcuincle

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Reese is local from Baltimore and played at MD under Brenda freese

would have been nice to see her back in the dmv 

"Reese often attended Washington Mystics games and drew inspiration from Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) players Candace Parker and Maya Moore, as well as former National Basketball Association (NBA) player and Baltimore native Muggsy Bogues.[5][6]  "

Haskins was also from dmv...I saw that, too, would've been better story over what's best for rebuilding the team.

On 4/15/2024 at 5:30 PM, Renegade7 said:

A lot of mocks have hs taking Aaliyah Edwards with Reese still available...I'm trying to understand why...

Because Reese is a diva with a limited offensive game, and coaches don’t want someone that could upset the locker room, regardless of talent.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

If you haven't watch, take the time for the entire hour it is. These guys are going to succeed and you can't help but feel optimistic about the future for the first time in over a decade. True professionals and honest assessments. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If you haven't watch, take the time for the entire hour it is. These guys are going to succeed and you can't help but feel optimistic about the future for the first time in over a decade. True professionals and honest assessments. 

Any sense of what kind of HC they are looking for? 

11 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Any sense of what kind of HC they are looking for? 

The only thing they really talked about is that there has to be a strong focus on player development. Whomever they hire will understand that there is another year or two of losing with younger players before the expectation to win starts to build. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

ill believe it when I see it. their time has gotten off to the worst record in wizards history. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

The only thing they really talked about is that there has to be a strong focus on player development. Whomever they hire will understand that there is another year or two of losing with younger players before the expectation to win starts to build.

If player development is their priority, I don't want to hear rumbling of discontent over not winning when the plan is to lose right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If player development is their priority, I don't want to hear rumbling of discontent over not winning when the plan is to lose right now.

I'm cool with it as long as the players being developed for the long haul are getting enough minutes to..... Develop. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

ill believe it when I see it. their time has gotten off to the worst record in wizards history. 

While I hate the concept of tanking, you do understand that makes sense to happen if they've never done this before?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

While I hate the concept of tanking, you do understand that makes sense to happen if they've never done this before?

should have done it last year. unless they get sarr it'll be another disaster season next year 

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

should have done it last year. unless they get sarr it'll be another disaster season next year 

Okay, hey, this ain't just to you, this is to everyone...

This front office setup wasn't here the year should've done it to try to get Wemby. 

Blame Leonsis for this, who realized how bad he fd up that he nuked the entire front office for it.

Broken clock right twice a day...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

They better do it every year till they get the franchise superstar.  It's not their fault that Leonsis didn't hire them the year before Wemby sweepstakes and at least we're done with the all in for play-in nonsense.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, bearrock said:

They better do it every year till they get the franchise superstar.  It's not their fault that Leonsis didn't hire them the year before Wemby sweepstakes and at least we're done with the all in for play-in nonsense.

The problem is that didn't work for Detroit. 

49 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The problem is that didn't work for Detroit. 

No guarantee it works here or anywhere either.  It just the method with the best shot at a championship for a non destination city like DC imo.

• Like 1