Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Sounds like a rebuild.

Some players I saw coming, like DD, but id like clarification on if we told Cloud we wouldn't resign her or she didn't want to stick around for the rebuild. 

Cloud was the heart of that team and became their best player with DD falling off, now they have no identity and a nepo hite at HC.

I'm scared.

I'm not.

The same person who built that championship team is still running things.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm not.

The same person who built that championship team is still running things

Trading for an MVP to build around instead of trying to draft one or sign one was bold and it worked. 

It's a shame what happened to Delle Donne's back and what coulda been if that didn't happen.

Last time I was at a game I wasn't the only one not feeling the son turned HC.  I can dig the people that put the roster together still being around, I'm not sold on him. 

And let's be real, they held on to the center of the team being Delle Donne way longer then they should have, so hopefully they learn from that and not repeat that mistake.

I hope they do something bold again, I'm not convinced this is a destination location, especially while advertising rebuild mode to everyone.

Gafford to Dallas kills me, but heating up.

Hoping Kuzma understands what he got himself into signing that contract with us and somewhere counting his benjamins and blessings to calm down.

Tank if I've ever see one...now what?

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Gafford to Dallas kills me, but heating up.

Hoping Kuzma understands what he got himself into signing that contract with us and somewhere counting his benjamins and blessings to calm down.

Tank if I've ever see one...now what?

Keep losing in either similar or new and exciting ways!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Their going to be able to fill the Go-Go's roster with all those 2nds.

Nobody cares unless some of the them eventually play for the Wizards.

My eye is more on player development then even how many picks they get, it killed what we did get right and scared off free agents.

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

if they trade deni umma be very upset 

Idk, man, he's regressed defensively and not improved his shot enough to make up for it, imo.

Note to self - NEVER draft someone that sucks at shooting free throws

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nobody cares unless some of the them eventually play for the Wizards.

My eye is more on player development then even how many picks they get, it killed what we did get right and scared off free agents.

Idk, man, he's regressed defensively and not improved his shot enough to make up for it, imo.

Note to self - NEVER draft someone that sucks at shooting free throws

I was making a crack about the value of 2nd rounders.

Agree on Free Throws. https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-league-wide-free-throw-shooting-percentage-by-decade - Give me a roster of guys who all shoot at or above the league average. I don't understand how even guys that are huge and maybe its a weird motion for them, haven't found a way to be able to shoot league average. It's the one thing you can do exactly the same every time and can be practiced alone 100 times a day. 1000 times a day. 

• Thanks 1

If we get a first rounder for Gafford that is indeed robbery. That would make the Troy Brown trade look a whole lot better lol.

To be clear, it was a good trade to begin with. Troy Brown is a JAG.

Edited by abdcskins

I’m sad to see Gafford go. He’s not a great player but I like his game and I enjoyed rooting for him. Seemed like a good person too. Lucky for me I can still watch him play, and on a better team. So that will be fun. 

wizards are one game out of last place. We are close to the goal. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Avdija with 43 points tonight. Maybe he can end up being a top notch scorer and live up to expectations? Maybe? Please? 

Do it again, then drug test him. 

Only then will I be convinced he turned a corner.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 4:30 AM, Renegade7 said:

Do it again, then drug test him. 

Only then will I be convinced he turned a corner.

He's turned the corner.

No drug testing needed.

All you need is your eyes.

MUCH more aggressive and finishing around the rim this season.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

He's turned the corner.

No drug testing needed.

All you need is your eyes.

MUCH more aggressive and finishing around the rim this season

Being aggressive lately and scoring 43 are not the same thing.

Is he a 20/10 guy now? Possible, two weeks is a lot more then one game.

Interesting when be drops his next 40 piece...this month? Next? Next Year?

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Being aggressive lately and scoring 43 are not the same thing.

Is he a 20/10 guy now? Possible, two weeks is a lot more then one game.

Interesting when be drops his next 40 piece...this month? Next? Next Year?

I don't care if he drops 40 next game, next month or next year for that matter...although I'd take it LOL.

I'm just looking for consistency. 😀

This is from a poster on another site:

Over his first 30 games, Deni averaged 11 points, 5.5 boards and 3.8 assists in 26.7 minutes per game on a TS% of .578. That was basically in line with his prior two seasons (8.7 points, 5.9 boards, 2.4 assists in 25.3 minutes, TS% .535) except with a modest improvement in aggressiveness and finishing around the rim.

Over the last 24 games, Deni is averaging 17.0 points, 7.9 rebounds, 3.8 assists in 30.0 minutes per game on a TS% of .645 and a USG of 22.3%. That's a long enough sample size that it is almost surely real. Those averages rank him 60th in scoring, 30th in rebounding, and 18th in TS% (9th if you ignore rim-running bigs with a USG% below 18) - all while being a plus defender who is switchable 1-4.

Over the last 6 games, it's 24.3 points, 9.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists in 33.3 minutes a game on a TS% of .700 and a USG of 25%. While that shooting efficiency is surely not sustainable, the overall production is evidence that he may be even better than his averages over the last 24 games.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1