Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 11/14/2023 at 10:12 AM, skinswillwin06 said:

Makes me kind of happy that Monumental owns the TV channel now. Zach and Ted have to deal with the horrible ratings themselves and don't even get a rights fee for this miserable product.

The network has basically become a propaganda station now. It always was, I guess, but now it's another level. Part of the fun when watching the horrible Wizards teams in the past was Buck and Phil. They at least made it watchable. Gooden is worthless and Chris Miller is fine I suppose, but no way am I tuning in to listen to them call this garbage.

Speaking of the TV channel, is the volume higher on that channel than any other channel for you all?  I have FIOS and it's noticeably louder and I have to lower the volume when on that channel, then move it back up when switching to other channels.  It's annoying.

As long as DC has a basketball teams I'm gonna want them to do well.

I can't remember the last time they were bad and I felt there was smart people in charge.

It's the first year of this new front office structure, so I'm not getting bailing out like it's just another year.  It's not.

Bleacher Report was in its infancy when I first came here and taking Wizards seriously, it's not that hard to keep up with what's going on even if I can't watch every game. 

I do find different ways to have them in even if my toddlers done fully get what's going on, as part of learning numbers I'm teaching them to tell me the score.  I'm waiting for that moment I'm making them a snack in the kitchen, ask the score, and they give it to me.

Wife yells at the Wizards, I'll be fine win or lose.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

As long as DC has a basketball teams I'm gonna want them to do well.

I can't remember the last time they were bad and I felt there was smart people in charge.

It's the first year of this new front office structure, so I'm not getting bailing out like it's just another year.  It's not.

Bleacher Report was in its infancy when I first came here and taking Wizards seriously, it's not that hard to keep up with what's going on even if I can't watch every game. 

I do find different ways to have them in even if my toddlers done fully get what's going on, as part of learning numbers I'm teaching them to tell me the score.  I'm waiting for that moment I'm making them a snack in the kitchen, ask the score, and they give it to me.

Wife yells at the Wizards, I'll be fine win or lose.

“Daddy, the Wizards are the nicest team. They keep giving the ball back to the other team and when they miss a shot, they let them try again.”

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

“Daddy, the Wizards are the nicest team. They keep giving the ball back to the other team and when they miss a shot, they let them try again.”

"See that yellow line? Get 4 chances to cross it.  When you do, you get another one and another one until you get to the other end of the field.  Thats the endzone, get in there, that's a touchdown"

"How come we never cross the yellow line?"

"Been tryin to figure that out longer then you've been alive..."

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Speaking of the TV channel, is the volume higher on that channel than any other channel for you all?  I have FIOS and it's noticeably louder and I have to lower the volume when on that channel, then move it back up when switching to other channels.  It's annoying.

I have FIOS in Rockville and do not have any audio issues.

1 minute ago, skinswillwin06 said:

I have FIOS in Rockville and do not have any audio issues.

Same I'm on FIOS in Rockville and do have the issue lol.  

When I notice this though I am on my projector/receiver with surround sound.  

Now that I think about it, when I've had it on upstairs on the normal TV, the sound wasn't any louder.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Same I'm on FIOS in Rockville and do have the issue lol.  

When I notice this though I am on my projector/receiver with surround sound.  

Now that I think about it, when I've had it on upstairs on the normal TV, the sound wasn't any louder.

Used to have this issue with a handful of stations but that was a while ago. Now the recent TVs have the audio normalizing it. Actually it was mostly with commercials but wasn't there a law like 10 years ago for that?

Either way, check the audio settings on the TV if you haven't already.

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Used to have this issue with a handful of stations but that was a while ago. Now the recent TVs have the audio normalizing it. Actually it was mostly with commercials but wasn't there a law like 10 years ago for that?

Either way, check the audio settings on the TV if you haven't already.

It's on my projector/receiver where this happens not my TV.

And it literally started happening like a month ago or so.  Maybe a little bit more.

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

i’ve long thought Poole was a dumbass but I assumed he’d score at least well enough to justify playing him. Really does look like golden state gave a fat contract to a sixth man, and then we traded for him. 

Yeah. Figured on a bad team, he'd be relaxed and get some gaudy stats. He's terrible so far. 

On 11/14/2023 at 6:03 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I became a Bullets fan, I think it was 5th or 6th grade when they drafted Juwan Howard and then traded for Chris Webber. 

I was a fan all the way through jr high, high school, college and after college. The Wizards threads in here during the Arenas/Jamison/Butler/Hughes era were awesome. 

I was excited when they drafted John Wall but sometime during that era my interest waned. 

The sports teams I’ve followed through my life (Orioles, Redskins, Wizards) have been largely ****. I’ve watched countless amounts of bad baseball and awful football and yet I’ve always come back for more. 

But there’s something about bad basketball that I just can’t stand to watch. I used to tune into practically every Wizards game I could, now if I watch three or four games a year that’s a lot.  

For me, baseball, hockey, and basketball have WAY too many games to sit through a bad season. At least with football it's only once a week for 17 games. 

• Thanks 1