Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Unicorn was mean to us now im seeing Thomas Bryant pick the hell out of someone down to the wood.

Why I get the feelin I'm gonna see more former players act like it's personal when they play us this year?

Our luck Beal comes back only to play us, then goes back on injury list with pulled hammy done by lying on his resume again.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He only got 12min. I don't get what WUJ is doing here. Play the rookie a lot more. 

He ended up with 19. At least with the 4th quarter unit he gets usage/shots. 

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Has Coulibaly shown anything so far? I'm looking for some hope.

He's getting better every game. First three games he was under 30%, last three over 50% and 33% from three. Defense has been solid all season. Lessons every game. Still not getting any usage when out there with the starters, but that will come as the year goes on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

Still not getting any usage when out there with the starters, but that will come as the year goes on. 

Hope it picks up soonish. The current lineup is giving up so many points and playing terrible defense. He'd probably put more effort there thanks anyone getting around 30min.

Kind've a bit brutal schedule to start, no?  

Them boys were hungry for a win. Dennis Green like rant on -- we want to win basketball games. One and five felt like crrpp.... you get sick of feeling like crrpp.  Who likes to lose?  No one!  This team is made up of proud men... and we are not tanking.

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Appears he also got the memo the rest of us did. Give Coulibaly a lot more minutes, even if he's only focusing on defense and eating up fouls. 

I mostly agree. His usage rate last night was 3.9% which is insanely low. When the team is up over 15+pts and they still aren't running plays for him or letting him run PnR as the ball handler, that's a problem. He doesn't need to take the most shots on the team now, but he needs more than what happened last night. 

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I mostly agree. His usage rate last night was 3.9% which is insanely low. When the team is up over 15+pts and they still aren't running plays for him or letting him run PnR as the ball handler, that's a problem. He doesn't need to take the most shots on the team now, but he needs more than what happened last night. 

I get that and it needs to be better. But I'd rather him be on the court with that % than be on the bench just watching.