Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

10 hours ago, Destino said:

Another attempt to force myself to like Jordan Poole. Still ain’t happening. Too soft. Too much of a chucker that does nothing else. 

I get it. But hopefully he hits a stride where his 25+ min a game are coming with more than 11 points. Need him to get hot for the deadline. Jones too if they can.

I like that Coulibaly played almost 30min last night. I don't care that his shooting was terrible. He's trying on defense more than most of these guys and getting some blocks and rebounds. Both need to be higher and will be if WUJ is smart enough to play him as much as possible. 

This feels like the plan and I'm here for it. 

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Who the **** is Mike Muscala 

A career backup that’s excelled at quietly remaining in the league. 11 years and 27 million dollars later, he’s still playing (sometimes) and cashing checks. 

I looked it up.

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2023 at 7:09 AM, justice98 said:

Poole is talented, but he has no interest in taking this thing seriously and being a good basketball player. He's just out there goofing around.  You'll never win with a guy like this as the focal point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Wiz might not win 20 games this season, but if all the young guys play like they did in the 4th against the Hawks, that's all good. Wiz need to trade some of the vets over the next couple months and need to hit on their future top-3 draft pick in 2024. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

The Wiz might not win 20 games this season, but if all the young guys play like they did in the 4th against the Hawks, that's all good. Wiz need to trade some of the vets over the next couple months and need to hit on their future top-3 draft pick in 2024. 

This is considered to be weaker class overall with no clear number one, right? Who should they target?

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

This is considered to be weaker class overall with no clear number one, right? Who should they target?

I don't know who the current mocks have as the best. We'll probably see a few college kids but more of those G-Leaguers and International names talked about more in the spring. 

17 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Not a clue, but I'm certain they will take whomever they think it best player available regardless of position. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Not a clue, but I'm certain they will take whomever they think it best player available regardless of position. 

I just get the feeling as they bottom out, we’ll have a draft like 2013 where the superstar is unidentified and the top of the draft is filled with non impactful or non-franchise changing players.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If this draft class is trash, don't draft like you have to, work to stash picks for a better draft class.

The worse the wizards are, the worse the draft class is. This has been true for a long time.

otto Porter was the 3rd overall pick. The 3rd  pick the following year was Joel Embiid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I just get the feeling as they bottom out, we’ll have a draft like 2013 where the superstar is unidentified and the top of the draft is filled with non impactful or non-franchise changing players.

This is the first of two years of unofficial tanking. While the top of the 2013 draft wasn't very good, it still produced one of the best players in the game in Giannis.